kalypso media :: forum

Full Version: Patrician 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone who played it might tell me what's the difference between Patrician 3 and if i should buy it? When the game came out people were kinda negative about it. Can someone who play it now might tell me if they patched it and made it better overall? The main argument used to be that Patrician 3 has more depth than 4. Is this still true?
(13-03-2017, 12:52 AM)BanneD_ Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone who played it might tell me what's the difference between Patrician 3 and if i should buy it? When the game came out people were kinda negative about it. Can someone who play it now might tell me if they patched it and made it better overall? The main argument used to be that Patrician 3 has more depth than 4. Is this still true?

In P4 the graphics are nicer, it plays smoother and it is easier to handle goods transfer or manage automatic routes. It's a fine game.
P3 has indeed more depth like ship management and things to consider for construction or production but it not a radical difference. It's also a fine game.

I suggest : If you know P3 well, have played it before and now want to start playing again then play P3. If you are new to this game and you want to decide whether to buy P3 or P4, then buy P4.
or have both and play, what you want?^^
P4 isn't expensive anymore (gold version for 5€ if you look for it...), so i think it doesn't matter...
Patrician 4 is a wonderful game and the add on Rise of the Hanse is even better. You can find it on-sale for $20 or so and this game is one of the best of the genre. Try it , you'll love it!
i would say 20 is the normal prize, if you can wait, there is achance to get it cheaper.

edit: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Patrician-IV-Gold...OSwBnVW9dG- Wink