Tropico 4 Modern Times 30 Buildings.
tropicoer Offline

Tropico 4 Modern Times 30 Buildings.
Ideas for Tropico 4 modern times 30 buildings.
The list.
1.Bio Farm
2.Bio Ranch
3.Solar farm
4.Space shuttle launch site and/or space shuttle
5.Glass Pyramid
6.Swat HQ
7.National Bank
8.Subway station
9.International Airport
10.Pirate Ship restaurant
11.Automobile Factory
12. Business Center
13.Borehole Mine
14.Electronics Factory
15.Saniterium
16.Water Treatment Plant
17.Supermarket
18.Manufacturing Facility
19.Telecom HQ
20.7 Star hotel
21.Opera Theater
23.Telecom HQ
The Police Blimp is an edict called police state.
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 03:41 PM by tropicoer.)
14-01-2012 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sifer2 Offline

RE: Tropico 4 Modern Times 30 Buildings.
Pretty sure some of them are going to be updated versions of existing buildings. Like updating Coal Plant to Nuclear Plant.
14-01-2012 11:18 PM
Swixel Offline
Epic Member

(14-01-2012 11:18 PM)Sifer2 Wrote:  Pretty sure some of them are going to be updated versions of existing buildings. Like updating Coal Plant to Nuclear Plant.

We already have a nuclear plant...

It'll be hard to guess until we see a demo or something, at which stage I'll know what they are >_>

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know" ― Cicero.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
15-01-2012 12:06 AM
Sifer2 Offline

Hmm maybe I was still thinking of Tropico 3 with the Coal/Gas Plant.

Anyway I can say for sure watching the preview vid there is a Solar Power farm shown. Three of them actually. Also some weird looking farm in the upper right side of the vid. Maybe a covered Stadium. And a Skyscraper possibly some fancy super hotel.
15-01-2012 04:02 AM
gyrobot Offline

There may also be office buildings to allow you to make money doing paperwork. Of course I can also see the internet infrastructure becoming more important. As well as a Luxury goods building. And I wouldn't be surprised if we can mine uranium ourselves.

You also forgot water treatment plant, I am sorry but this is the modern times. You can't rely on old underground wells to get a water. I assume the water plant will allow you to improve the nearby health quality of tropicans due to safe drinking water or...sell it at exorbant prices.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 06:29 AM by gyrobot.)
15-01-2012 06:26 AM
tropicoer Offline

There is also a new edict category Modern Times and some of the old edicts from tropico 3 are added.
29-01-2012 03:42 AM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

The 30 new buildings will also include modernizations/updates of existing ones. Apartments become Modernized Apartments, for example.

El Presidente on Twitter | Tropico 5 Steam Community | Tropico on Facebook
29-01-2012 08:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Caribbean Stud Offline
Toucan-worshiping environmentalist

Kalypso released some screenshots from MT a few days ago, I'm surprised they haven't been posted here...

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-01.jpg]

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-02.jpg]

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-03.jpg]

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-04.jpg]

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-05.jpg]

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-06.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 07:23 PM by Caribbean Stud.)
30-01-2012 07:22 PM
Finland2012 Offline

OMG! The skyscrapers and the other new buildings look AMAZING!

I CAN'T WAIT, I'M SO EXCITED!!! Big Grin
30-01-2012 08:40 PM
ivory_malinov Offline

I'm just wondering if you have to have a "modern tropico" or whether you can lock it to the original buildings.

I'd hate to play a sandbox game and be required to modernise my island all the time. Sometimes it's going to be nice to keep it old and original.
31-01-2012 12:47 AM
hert Offline

(30-01-2012 07:22 PM)Caribbean Stud Wrote:  Kalypso released some screenshots from MT a few days ago, I'm surprised they haven't been posted here...

[Image: t4-moderntimesscreenna-01.jpg]

In this picture wonder what those small glass and orange buildings are with the letter "M" on them. I see three of them. Maybe a metro station? Buses or subways? total speculation but it looks cool cant wait to get it.
31-01-2012 07:05 AM
gyrobot Offline

Most likely, it will be able to "warp" tropicans from place to place, of course unlike Cars it runs on electricity and requires college engineers and Teamsters will still need to carrying the load on trucks.
31-01-2012 11:33 AM
Cold Evil Offline

I am pretty sure that the orange houses whit a helipad are apartments.
Same for the houses on the right of the cathedral on the 5th picture. Smile
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 11:41 AM by Cold Evil.)
31-01-2012 11:39 AM
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

(31-01-2012 12:47 AM)ivory_malinov Wrote:  I'd hate to play a sandbox game and be required to modernise my island all the time. Sometimes it's going to be nice to keep it old and original.

Such a thing is possible. A company called Stardock made Galactic Civilizations 2, as well as several upgrades to the game they called "chapters". At the start of each game, you always had the option to choose which version (chapter) of the game you wanted to play, so I bet the same could be done for Tropico4.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 05:42 PM by beancounter.)
31-01-2012 05:41 PM
ivory_malinov Offline

Quote:In this picture wonder what those small glass and orange buildings are with the letter "M" on them. I see three of them. Maybe a metro station? Buses or subways? total speculation but it looks cool cant wait to get it.

I see those buildings... dark grey with orange striping. Does look like some form of public transport station... fingers crossed we are guessing correctly. Smile
01-02-2012 01:02 AM
tropicoer Offline

The grey building with orange stripes is a metro station (an underground train station system). I know that because it has an M sign on top of it.
I guess you need at least 2 stations for it to work. This is a great feature because it doesn't clutter the island.
01-02-2012 03:04 AM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

the graphics guys look to have put in some overtime on this expansion.. But what im really currious about is what they have done to the engine and systems
01-02-2012 08:58 PM
gyrobot Offline

(01-02-2012 03:04 AM)tropicoer Wrote:  The grey building with orange stripes is a metro station (an underground train station system). I know that because it has an M sign on top of it.
I guess you need at least 2 stations for it to work. This is a great feature because it doesn't clutter the island.

It will probably cost power also to operate and may use College Graduates instead of uneducated. You know, to balance Garages.
02-02-2012 10:36 AM
Mikeeboy Offline

If these are metro stations, it would be interesting to know how tropicans decide whether to use the metro or take a car. It would be good if we could restrict garage use to teamsters only.

The introduction of these was probably prompted by the horrendous traffic problems players have as the population grows.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 11:43 AM by Mikeeboy.)
03-02-2012 11:42 AM
Swixel Offline
Epic Member

(03-02-2012 11:42 AM)Mikeeboy Wrote:  If these are metro stations, it would be interesting to know how tropicans decide whether to use the metro or take a car. It would be good if we could restrict garage use to teamsters only.

If it's anything like my now-never-to-be-released train-mod, it'll do A* (or better) work based on X->closest station->closest-station-to-target->Y calculations, vs. X->Y driving calculations vs. X->Y walking calculations.

I'd imagine the algorithm would be fairly efficient.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
03-02-2012 01:38 PM
Don Teco Offline

Hummmmmm.... The visuals are insteresting, but I think the game is loosing its original identity: a Caribbean scenario. Those skyscrapers, spaceship and other buildings are more related to Dubai or modern China than a Caribbean island. I was already surprised about the nuclear power plant and nuclear program in T4... I can't imagine Martinica, Barbados or Aruba going so far. Bring me back my original Tropico features!!!
04-02-2012 01:20 PM
tropicoer Offline

With the new War on Terror being added. Will terrorists hijack a jet airplane and crash it into a skyscraper ?
04-02-2012 06:20 PM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

(04-02-2012 01:20 PM)Don Teco Wrote:  Hummmmmm.... The visuals are insteresting, but I think the game is loosing its original identity: a Caribbean scenario. Those skyscrapers, spaceship and other buildings are more related to Dubai or modern China than a Caribbean island. I was already surprised about the nuclear power plant and nuclear program in T4... I can't imagine Martinica, Barbados or Aruba going so far. Bring me back my original Tropico features!!!

While i would love a Pre-1950's expansion.. to make my islands, more rurual, and less modern.. adding new things isnt really an issue, Just dont build the buildings if you don't like them.

Of course you can always just fire up reloaded and play the orginal, enjoy the challenge!
05-02-2012 12:10 AM
Don Teco Offline

(05-02-2012 12:10 AM)Tropije Wrote:  While i would love a Pre-1950's expansion.. to make my islands, more rurual, and less modern.. adding new things isnt really an issue, Just dont build the buildings if you don't like them.

Of course you can always just fire up reloaded and play the orginal, enjoy the challenge!

It’s not a matter of “if-you-don’t-like-just-don’t-build”. I want to enjoy the game in its whole “playability”. In some modes, like in a campaign, the player does not have the option of not building something.
I just think they should have improved the game with characteristics that are pertinent to a Caribbean island. For example, bus system, which is very typical of the region; more farms, like oranges and other fruits; poultry granges; cotton, which could be an input for a textile and clothing industry… and so on. And interesting issue in the foreign relations could be illegal immigration, money laundry, drug dealing, and guns smuggling.
Improvements like space exploration, skyscrapers, subway etc. could have been left for a whole other game, in a new scenario such as modern China or the United Arab Emirates.
05-02-2012 02:47 AM
Lisen801 Offline

I certainly agree with Don Teco. There is much more to do and keep up the feeling of the 50's Caribbean atmosphere.
05-02-2012 06:01 PM
Crinklebutt Offline

A game review linked to by Kalypso has the reviewer talking about a so called "super mine". Apparently, it will deplete resources like a normal mine, but once the resources are depleted it can continue to mine at a lower rate by digging ever deeper. It should be added to the list.
06-02-2012 11:16 PM
Swixel Offline
Epic Member

(05-02-2012 06:01 PM)Lisen801 Wrote:  I certainly agree with Don Teco. There is much more to do and keep up the feeling of the 50's Caribbean atmosphere.

The introduction of a modern times expansion doesn't necessarily stop them later expanding elsewhere. There are many games, by many publishers, which are continually extended, rather than 'directed' down a set path.

07-02-2012 12:28 AM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

(05-02-2012 02:47 AM)Don Teco Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 12:10 AM)Tropije Wrote:  While i would love a Pre-1950's expansion.. to make my islands, more rurual, and less modern.. adding new things isnt really an issue, Just dont build the buildings if you don't like them.

It’s not a matter of “if-you-don’t-like-just-don’t-build”. I want to enjoy the game in its whole “playability”. In some modes, like in a campaign, the player does not have the option of not building something.
I just think they should have improved the game with characteristics that are pertinent to a Caribbean island. For example, bus system, which is very typical of the region; more farms, like oranges and other fruits; poultry granges; cotton, which could be an input for a textile and clothing industry… and so on. And interesting issue in the foreign relations could be illegal immigration, money laundry, drug dealing, and guns smuggling.
Improvements like space exploration, skyscrapers, subway etc. could have been left for a whole other game, in a new scenario such as modern China or the United Arab Emirates.

well like i was saying.. I do agree that there should be more in the old school 1950's, or even Pre.. more options, and more of what made the orginal fun in that backwards pre industiral game we call tropico 1.

that said, this expansion is called modern times. I can't say i've visited every caribean island, But i've seen enough pictures to know that some have some very modern buildings/feel to them, others on the other hand not so much.

I also feel that while the original is a true caribean island, this game to me is much more just in that style and could be anywhere in the world. (and will the challenge editor you can really play up that aspect)

Just fyi, everything you have mentioned has been requested many times.. though they seem reluctant about the "drug" references, and most likely it's for ratings, they want this game rated T, and for some reason you can kill people and have a T rating, But if you mention drugs or show nudity it gets a big M which limits the market. As for skyscrappers and other modern things, its another Highly requested thing.

My hopes are there will be a prequal expansion, or perhaps.. "Rural Life" Down the road.

But that said.. perhaps in the campaigns you wont beable to keep that 50's feel, But in sand box mode, or custom challenges, there is no reason why you can't keep your backwards little island going while the world speeds away at warp 9
07-02-2012 02:23 AM
astondb9 Offline

Where is the proof of the automobile factory? It sounds good though! A modern industry for a modern island.
07-02-2012 08:13 PM
tropicoer Offline

(07-02-2012 08:13 PM)astondb9 Wrote:  Where is the proof of the automobile factory? It sounds good though! A modern industry for a modern island.

In a interview about Tropico 4 modern times I saw words in the corner saying automobile commodity prices are 20% higher.
07-02-2012 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication