Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Edict ideas for the Police
El_Zilcho Offline
Tropical Islander

Edict ideas for the Police
here are some Edict ideas for the police

Quote:Arm the police Edict: get those batons off the policemen and arm then with some guns! Police now acts as a paramilitary unit in the government taking part in fighting the rebels. However they are inferior in battle to professional soldiers (just like uneducated conscripts) and do not carry out assassinations.

Zero tolerance Policy Edict: policemen will now throw anyone who they see is protesting against the government in jail (if there’s free space in the prison). Arrests made by policemen don’t cost a thing. Reduces liberty.

Traffic Cop training Edict:
all vehicles move 1% faster per policemen present on the island, with a maximum cap of 15%. eg: if 8 policemen are active in the island all vehicles would move 8% faster than normal. If 22 policemen are active in the island all vehicles would move 15% faster.

TBI: Tropican Bureau of Investigation Edict:
The tropican police now cracks down on corruption in the industrial buildings. Industries now use up 1% less raw material consumption per policeman active on the island with a maximum cap of 20%.

Police State edict:
the policemen boost respect for El presidente in nearby citizens out of fear of police brutality, reduces public protests and liberty in the process.
29-07-2011 06:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chankljp Offline

RE: Edict ideas for the Police
I really like these ideas. For me personally, the more edicts that there are the better. Especially since I have always wanted to have the police do something that is useful when the rebels attack.
30-07-2011 02:05 AM
Tyroq Offline
Expert Dictator

These are interesting ideas. Personally I think if they were to be implemented the effectiveness cap should be consistent. Like if they effect traffic to a maximum of 15% then they should effect industry to a maximum of 15% also. But yeah, this is interesting. I can see these being very useful edicts to have available. Of course they would have to have yearly reccuring fees to maintain, otherwise they could be a bit overpowered. Smile
30-07-2011 02:15 AM
Maximo Offline
Loyalist

Solid ideas El_Zilcho.

I'm with chankljp on this too, the more edicts the merrier! Personally, I like to see an actual visual impact on gameplay once I've implemented an edict. I know that Papal Visit will now be an actual event (with the potential for an assassination even!) so I would hope you can see other edicts, including the ones you've mentioned above, actually in-effect on the island.

ie. You can see your Policemen arrest protesters once they gather and throw them into a cruiser to be dragged off to jail, or you can see Policemen standing at busy intersections directing traffic. This would be sweet!
02-08-2011 05:22 PM
chankljp Offline

(02-08-2011 05:22 PM)Maximo Wrote:  Solid ideas El_Zilcho.

I'm with chankljp on this too, the more edicts the merrier! Personally, I like to see an actual visual impact on gameplay once I've implemented an edict. I know that Papal Visit will now be an actual event (with the potential for an assassination even!) so I would hope you can see other edicts, including the ones you've mentioned above, actually in-effect on the island.

ie. You can see your Policemen arrest protesters once they gather and throw them into a cruiser to be dragged off to jail, or you can see Policemen standing at busy intersections directing traffic. This would be sweet!

Thanks! It is great to see someone agreeing with my suggestion.

And with the 'Arm the police' edict idea, perhaps when the rebels/traitors attack, the police can be seen evacuating the civilians near by and supporting the army.

Speaking of the army and the rebels, maybe they can use actual tactics when they are fighting such as garrisoning the building that is being defended, dragging the wounded to safety, providing covering fire for each other, etc. I know that this is not a war game, but it will be a large improvement over the current system with them standing moronically waiting for the enemies to arrive.
03-08-2011 10:44 AM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

(29-07-2011 06:59 AM)El_Zilcho Wrote:  here are some Edict ideas for the police

Quote:Arm the police Edict: get those batons off the policemen and arm then with some guns! Police now acts as a paramilitary unit in the government taking part in fighting the rebels. However they are inferior in battle to professional soldiers (just like uneducated conscripts) and do not carry out assassinations.

Zero tolerance Policy Edict: policemen will now throw anyone who they see is protesting against the government in jail (if there’s free space in the prison). Arrests made by policemen don’t cost a thing. Reduces liberty.

Traffic Cop training Edict:
all vehicles move 1% faster per policemen present on the island, with a maximum cap of 15%. eg: if 8 policemen are active in the island all vehicles would move 8% faster than normal. If 22 policemen are active in the island all vehicles would move 15% faster.

TBI: Tropican Bureau of Investigation Edict:
The tropican police now cracks down on corruption in the industrial buildings. Industries now use up 1% less raw material consumption per policeman active on the island with a maximum cap of 20%.

Police State edict:
the policemen boost respect for El presidente in nearby citizens out of fear of police brutality, reduces public protests and liberty in the process.

a few things...

the arm the police one doesnt make much sence, as we already have marital law.. with the way tropico works, repression is more about the military.. though i supose these days "police" states are becoming more prevelant with just using cops..

zero tollerance with protests, automatically arresting protestors, but having this on should be a HUGE liberty hit.. this edict should cost something every year its active.

Traffic cop.... If anything, traffic cops reduce speed, in no place in my entire life have i seen a traffic cop speed things up.. the only thing it does is let traffic slowly outta roads that normally wouldnt see any trafic moving, but over all traffic slows. to me you would only use this if you have roads that get backed up.. It would be like adding traffic lights, but just like real life, they are less efficent.

Police state should decrease respec, and liberty, But protests shouldnt last as long.

TBI, (i wonder if you know that also means tramatic brain injury) I would suggest the TTBI.. The Tropico Bureau of invenstigation.. I like the idea with more efficient factories, BUT it should have a a big hit on liberty and respec hit on all factory workers. Noone ever wants big brother looking over its shoulder
03-08-2011 05:37 PM