Thread Closed 
No chance of the Pop bug from 3 right?
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

No chance of the Pop bug from 3 right?
The only thing keeping me from buying this day one is the pop bug from 3. There's no chance of this returning correct? I mean, the devs didnt even really seem to acknowledge this problem last year. Here's hoping that its not in 4. Especially since is seems islands are much larger now.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 10:33 PM by Agent Orange.)
04-08-2011 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

RE: No chance of the Pop bug from 3 right?
Bump, no info on the Population glitch from 3? Did a dev ever even acknowledge the problem?
05-08-2011 09:35 PM
Tyroq Offline
Expert Dictator

What population bug are you even talking about? I've never noticed any on T3 or even heard of any addressed here. If there ever was a problem it was probably addressed a long time ago.

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
~Theodore Roosevelt
06-08-2011 04:42 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

(06-08-2011 04:42 AM)Tyroq Wrote:  What population bug are you even talking about? I've never noticed any on T3 or even heard of any addressed here. If there ever was a problem it was probably addressed a long time ago.

No, it was never addressed. In the console Tropico, your game would not load once you got past a certain population. It effected every console gamer since there was never a patch for it. Ask any console player. They couldn't load their game once it got past a certain population point. Look at the stickies for Tropico 3, its filled with the pleads of a patch for the glitch. It made the game unplayable. Im not even sure the Dev's ever even addressed it here in the forums.

This is what Im talking about:

(30-07-2011 11:16 PM)Kobun Wrote:  
(27-07-2011 09:45 PM)Timo Wrote:  What are the obvious errors in the game that make it unplayable? Surely a game where you have lots of users complete it and unlock all 50 achievements should be perfectly playable, right?

The save bug has yet to be patched. Yes, it can overcome but only by playing marathon sessions once the island population reaches the danger zone, which just isn't enjoyable at all.

(03-08-2011 11:01 PM)thomasloewe Wrote:  
(27-07-2011 09:45 PM)Timo Wrote:  What are the obvious errors in the game that make it unplayable? Surely a game where you have lots of users complete it and unlock all 50 achievements should be perfectly playable, right?

So because a lot of people complete play the mission part and unlock the achievements, it's playable enough for You?

Then what about the sandbox mode, where the game just can't save when the pop. gets too high? You should presume that most players want to play sandbox when they've finished their missions or just wants to build cities and do with them what they want, but does'nt it get a little difficult, when you suddenly can't save your game?

Maybe it sounds a little pathetic, but it's a real pain in the "place the sun doesnt shine", when you use hours on building your city and forgets to save it every 5. minute, and then suddenly can't save it and has to start all over.

It's a little problem for you developers since you apparantly earn enough money to don't care, but it's a little annoying for your customers.

And hey, just because you think your game has succes, it does'nt make the game free from errors that HAS to be updated!

(04-08-2011 05:07 PM)DrAtomic1 Wrote:  

I saw the release and popped in my game disc in the hopes you guys would have patched the savegame bug. But no.

Completing the missions is only part of the fun, the most fun is pushing your country to the limits; try to build everything and still have a viable economy.

My girlfriend loves this game as well to my big surprise but is as much frustrated with the savegame bug not being fixed as any of the guys above me. She asks me every other two months or so if there is a fix out yet. Still.

If the bug is related to console related resources such as memory available and such then at least give us a work around option by giving us a selector that will hard limit the population limit to 450.

If it's impossible to fix, come out and say so, but please dont say the game is in a faultless state because people are able to get 50 achievements. F the achievements we want to have fun/enjoy playing the game and it doesnt let us.

Also realize that you may have a big PR nightmare on your hands with Tropico 4 reviews getting swamped by guys saying great game too bad they dont fix critical bugs, dont buy it for the xbox/ps3. If it's unfixable then come out and say so and provide us with a workaround fix like the afore mentoined pop hardlimiter. If it's fixed in the downloadable version I'll go as far as simply getting that but denying the existance of the biggest game breaking bug I've ever encountered on the xbox is just wierd and rude.

I dont want to sound negative but you guys really do ask for it sadly.

Edit: also do you guys realise that the rating is greatly suffering from this bug?
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 06:44 AM by Agent Orange.)
06-08-2011 06:37 AM
IronFist Offline
Religious Zealot

(06-08-2011 04:42 AM)Tyroq Wrote:  What population bug are you even talking about? I've never noticed any on T3 or even heard of any addressed here. If there ever was a problem it was probably addressed a long time ago.

The Xbox version of Tropico had a bug in which saves did not load correctly for islands with high population.

I did play the Xbox version for some time and never experienced it. But I rarely saved islands.

Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
06-08-2011 06:57 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

(06-08-2011 06:57 AM)IronFist Wrote:  

The Xbox version of Tropico had a bug in which saves did not load correctly for islands with high population.

I did play the Xbox version for some time and never experienced it. But I rarely saved islands.

If you were into creating and general sandbox RPing, it was a game breaker, and I imported the game from Australia since it didn't come out in the US until a month later. I was a huge fan of 1, and even liked 2 somewhat but the 360 bug left a bad taste in my mouth from 3. So much that I would pay for just a Tropico 3 that worked. Much less 4, which I really hope doesnt have the same bug. I beleive it was a memory leak or somthing.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 08:06 AM by Agent Orange.)
06-08-2011 08:04 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

LOL, why are people giving me negative rep? Because literally every 360 payers Tropico 3 was unplayable? WTF is going on in these forums? Is it just a bunch of trolls that log in to give people negative rep?
07-08-2011 09:16 PM
IronFist Offline
Religious Zealot

(07-08-2011 09:16 PM)Agent Orange Wrote:  LOL, why are people giving me negative rep? Because literally every 360 payers Tropico 3 was unplayable? WTF is going on in these forums? Is it just a bunch of trolls that log in to give people negative rep?

Because you're doing a whole lot of whining on a single subject. I know you have the right to whine in this regard, but it's something we've all heard approximately 30,000 times.

Try to contribute in a more positive fashion and you might see that rep go up.

Heck, mine was -3 soon after I signed up on this forum. Rolleyes

Capitalist (+++) Leader
Religious (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Nationalist (++)
Militarist (+)
Communist (-)
Environmentalist (--)
Loyalist (--)
07-08-2011 10:06 PM
Che Guevara Offline
Account Closed-Requested by Member

Yeah IronFist and one rep point was from me Sad sorry again

Mine was at 0 till I reached 300 posts Big Grin

Anyway,IronFist is right. Try to help people and be generally pleasant presence on forums.

Oh yeah. You can always inform one of admins if you think you got negative rep for stupid reason.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 10:13 PM by Che Guevara.)
07-08-2011 10:11 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Banned

(07-08-2011 10:06 PM)IronFist Wrote:  
(07-08-2011 09:16 PM)Agent Orange Wrote:  LOL, why are people giving me negative rep? Because literally every 360 payers Tropico 3 was unplayable? WTF is going on in these forums? Is it just a bunch of trolls that log in to give people negative rep?

Because you're doing a whole lot of whining on a single subject. I know you have the right to whine in this regard, but it's something we've all heard approximately 30,000 times.

Try to contribute in a more positive fashion and you might see that rep go up.

Heck, mine was -3 soon after I signed up on this forum. Rolleyes

Its not whining, its asking about a bug that literally broke the game and made it unplayable after a certain point. As a customer, this should be addressed. I am contributing, my question has to do with every single console owner that likes to play after missions and in sandbox etc. Its not whining, and it certainly wasn't a small subject. Who cares how many times its been brought up? Its never been addressed. Even to the point of the devs acting like it wasn't even there. Why would I pay 60 bucks for a broken game that is unplayable after a certain point?

(07-08-2011 10:11 PM)Che Guevara Wrote:  Yeah IronFist and one rep point was from me Sad sorry again

Mine was at 0 till I reached 300 posts Big Grin

Anyway,IronFist is right. Try to help people and be generally pleasant presence on forums.

Oh yeah. You can always inform one of admins if you think you got negative rep for stupid reason.

I dont care about the rep really, just about them addressing a game breaking bug.

Give me a billion negative rep, I dont care, I just want a working game. Give me that, and I wont even come to these forums anymore.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 12:01 AM by Agent Orange.)
07-08-2011 10:43 PM
Che Guevara Offline
Account Closed-Requested by Member

You obviously care.

08-08-2011 09:32 AM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

This has nothing to do with Tropico 4, so thread closed. There are reporting threads and status updates on the Tropico 3 board. I'm afraid there are no news at this time.

El Presidente on Twitter | Tropico 5 Steam Community | Tropico on Facebook
08-08-2011 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed