Your suggestions
So far I have found the game to be very enjoyable. But once I become a city Administator there was nothing new to do. All I could do was take the money. Why can't there be new option to upgrade the city.

1. Build fountains to reduce the chance of fire.

2. Upgrade the church to a cathdral maybe allowing the creation of mission that would give a steady flow of converts instead of the one time missionary, also improve posterity of town.

3. Upgrade the schools to a college allowing the local training of ship captains. Then upgrade to a university allowing the creation of shipwrights and engineers.

4. Creation of an upgradable arms industry allowing the productions of swords, muskets, cannons and ammunition.

5. Pave plaza: improve health and properity. Pave streets: improve helath and increase tax base due to greater flow of goods.

6. Create shipyard allow building none military ships (need arms industry for cannons, and univ ersity for shipwright). Upgrade to drydock to allow military grade ships (not the large ones)

7. Upgrade city defenses: need arms industry and engineer, and increase the number of troops.

8. Diplomacy: make trade agreements with viceroy or govennor for monthly/weekly amounts of luxury goods for set cost
(11-08-2012, 01:43 PM)Patrician_Player Wrote: Just keep it comming blasphemous ***** ** ****......

in my opinion , this is the following thing u realy need to take in consideration :

1: not everything in this world revolves around you !
2: try taking some pills maybe , so u will be calm and less annoying
3: do not post on every tread the same comment/trashtalk
4: if u still feel angry and u feel the need to blame people => see nr2
5: if u constantly gooing to complain about everything , why the hell are u here instead of playing another game ?
6: i do not know ur age buth try acting like a grown-up and dont post ten times the same comment , i have told u before better 1 good then alot of nagging !
7: follow the previeus 6 rules ^^

p.s MOD's have my permission to delete all non-topic posted by me !
God works in mysterieus ways , Buth i do to !!
(11-08-2012, 03:50 PM)clovisoo7 Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 01:43 PM)Patrician_Player Wrote: Just keep it comming blasphemous ***** ** ****......

in my opinion , this is the following thing u realy need to take in consideration :

1: not everything in this world revolves around you !
2: try taking some pills maybe , so u will be calm and less annoying
3: do not post on every tread the same comment/trashtalk
4: if u still feel angry and u feel the need to blame people => see nr2
5: if u constantly gooing to complain about everything , why the hell are u here instead of playing another game ?
6: i do not know ur age buth try acting like a grown-up and dont post ten times the same comment , i have told u before better 1 good then alot of nagging !
7: follow the previeus 6 rules ^^

p.s MOD's have my permission to delete all non-topic posted by me !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! , did I touch a soft spot there Wink ,
I mean you act like such a freakin' total idiot ,
Oh! , and I found the two last ones must "funny" , I mean especially when it is comming from at total blasphemous "nut-job" of an idiot like you that in every single post signs with a phrase where you compare yourself with god ...
So your no. 7 :
"7: follow the previeus 6 rules ^^"
and your :
"p.s MOD's have my permission to delete all non-topic posted by me !"
that is the most "funny" I think personally...
I understand that "like god you setup rules to follow" (actually you ought to call them commandments! Big Grin ) and I guess that "the delete permission to MODs" is also given "like god gives a permission" - you really sounds as you belong in a "straightjacket" ready for the "funny farm"....
So please don't expect me to take anything you post seriously..... Wink

(11-08-2012, 03:35 PM)Lord Botts Wrote: So far I have found the game to be very enjoyable. But once I become a city Administator there was nothing new to do. All I could do was take the money. Why can't there be new option to upgrade the city.

1. Build fountains to reduce the chance of fire.

2. Upgrade the church to a cathdral maybe allowing the creation of mission that would give a steady flow of converts instead of the one time missionary, also improve posterity of town.

3. Upgrade the schools to a college allowing the local training of ship captains. Then upgrade to a university allowing the creation of shipwrights and engineers.

4. Creation of an upgradable arms industry allowing the productions of swords, muskets, cannons and ammunition.

5. Pave plaza: improve health and properity. Pave streets: improve helath and increase tax base due to greater flow of goods.

6. Create shipyard allow building none military ships (need arms industry for cannons, and univ ersity for shipwright). Upgrade to drydock to allow military grade ships (not the large ones)

7. Upgrade city defenses: need arms industry and engineer, and increase the number of troops.

8. Diplomacy: make trade agreements with viceroy or govennor for monthly/weekly amounts of luxury goods for set cost

I like your ideas ,as well as what presented here by you (but I can forsee that there probably would be some "game balancing" issues that would make implementation of the most of your suggestions difficult to actually perform) .
(11-08-2012, 06:20 PM)Patrician_Player Wrote: So please don't expect me to take anything you post seriously..... Wink

of course not Smile
god has alot of humor , so do i ! even if its dry humor.
he told me he was laughing alot when he created u,
he also told me he hates people wihout a sence of humor
they belong to a special bread who think there better then other people.
(11-08-2012, 09:11 PM)clovisoo7 Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 06:20 PM)Patrician_Player Wrote: So please don't expect me to take anything you post seriously..... Wink

of course not Smile
god has alot of humor , so do i ! even if its dry humor.
he told me he was laughing alot when he created u,
he also told me he hates people wihout a sence of humor
they belong to a special bread who think there better then other people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah ! , you really do belong in a in a "straightjacket" in an insane asylum.....
What's going on here? C'mon! Guys, please calm down. This tread is not for insulting or something like that...
(13-08-2012, 10:25 AM)Daan Hugo Wrote: What's going on here? C'mon! Guys, please calm down. This tread is not for insulting or something like that...

Ofcourse you are quite right !
However , I were not the one starting this , and if you take a look at the socalled "ratings" at my profile placed by "clovisoo7" that writes such as :
Negative (-1): total lack of humor and annoys me to the bone
and
Negative (-1): another one bites the dust
you ought to be able to see that this is pure hate against my person.
Admittedly I "bite" (very hard) if getting attacked so I ofcourse payback in full on all attacks...
Please take a look and see who wrote what first.

Could I kindly suggest that you put a leash on the dogs ?
Thank you !
My purpose was to suggest additional possiblities, not to throw off game balance. I find it a little odd that the richest city/cities look like frontier villages, while the viceroy's city has stone walls and docks and half the population and income. Or that I can't build improvement to counter the effects of some of the events (ie. fire and drought).

So how about:

1. fountains: to counter fire
2. Irrigation system to counter drought
3. Upgrade church to cathedral: allow creation of a mission, which would add 1 convert a week to city population.
4. Upgrade to manor when I control 5/15/30 cities. To boost my ego.
5. Creation of an arms industry so I don't have to pay as much for sword/muskets/exploding casks and ammo. Also an alternate income source.
6. Paved plaza and streets for increase in prosperity and improve health. Stone walls and docks for increase prosperity.
7. upgrades to schools and hospitals so don't waste space
8. Improve defenses and increase troops so I have a secure base if I go pirate.

But mostly I want something to do when I'm an administrator, other than be a good politition and take all the moneyRolleyes
(14-08-2012, 12:32 AM)Lord Botts Wrote: My purpose was to suggest additional possiblities, not to throw off game balance. I find it a little odd that the richest city/cities look like frontier villages, while the viceroy's city has stone walls and docks and half the population and income. Or that I can't build improvement to counter the effects of some of the events (ie. fire and drought).

So how about:

1. fountains: to counter fire
2. Irrigation system to counter drought
3. Upgrade church to cathedral: allow creation of a mission, which would add 1 convert a week to city population.
5. Creation of an arms industry so I don't have to pay as much for sword/muskets/exploding casks and ammo. Also an alternate income source.
6. Paved plaza and streets for increase in prosperity and improve health. Stone walls and docks for increase prosperity.

But mostly I want something to do when I'm an administrator, other than be a good politition and take all the moneyRolleyes

Hi ,
I did not in anyway think that you wanted to "throw off game balance" .
I were merely trying to convey that if one alters certain things in a game then it will have repercussions throughout the whole game.....

As I wrote then I personally liked your ideas in general and I am in general not opposed changes as those that you describe.
However , though I shall not pretend that I have any information about the inner workings of this particular game then as I see it then those that have made the game probably have a lot of "balancing rules" , and ideas setup about how the inner workings of this game is going to work and why.
For example (I am just sharing some "stray thoughts" on the matter) :

1. "Fire" :
The game designers may have made that an intricate part of the game design and "balance" in a way we are not "privy" to .

2. "Drought" :
Same thing : The game designers may have made that an intricate part of the game design and "balance" in a way we are not "privy" to .

Excerpt from the "Steam" "Port Royale 3" manual regarding "events" (e.g. "Fire" and "Drought") :

EVENTS
Aside from pirates and constant disputes between nations, life in the Caribbean would
practically be paradise, were it not for these constant events that make life difficult for
citizens, producers and seafarers.
During many events the quality of life for citizens in the town drops sharply. Additionally,
it is usually not possible to construct any new buildings during an event.

So I think that it sounds "safe" to assume that game design rely on "events" in its "scripting"/"balancing"/"whatever".

Population , population growth and population "happines"/"satisfaction" is with no doubt an intricate part of the game design and "balance" in a way that we are not fully "privy" to I think (policy probably is something like that users have to get "the full picture" by reading about the game and by playing the game rather than we are handed the code so we can see why and how things work) .

Purely visuals as this ought not have any impact on "game balance" or make need for any major "re-scripting" / "whatever".....

Arms , ammo and income sources I think are all intricate parts of the game design and "balance" ...

"Prosperity" and "health" I think are both intricate parts of the game design and "balance" ...

How much space a city have might also be an intricate parts of the game design and "balance".

I think that it should be obvious that ability to secure your base is part of the game design and "balance".

However , many games have had their "balance" and "difficulty" adjusted because users have asked for it.
Also , I shall not pretend to have played the game enough to judge balance issues completely (especially because my own game play is seriously inhibited by lack of a proper optional strategic ships battle system interface rather than a 3D simulator one) , so the game may in fact have many balancing issues that I have not seen or experienced.
So some of your suggestions might even be like needed , I wouldn't know , but I do understand a lot about the general basics for programming which enables me to understand some of the issues that could be involved if having to fullfill your "wishes".....
I have noticed the use of CTRL when in towns to see ones own buldings + that one can use warehouse to see business' consumption and production + one can see the collected number of warehouses , businesses and houses/residences by clicking city name above + one can ofcourse also click on each type of business to see how many one have of them.
However , when entering a town I still mis A LOT some function/place to click that will give me an instant list overview over all my properties in the town, including listing how many of each type of business + what they produce and consume , and space and utilization of both residences and ware houses - you know an "all in a glance overview" , so maybe also on top of such info window/interface there could be information available about number of Settlers available, present "satisfaction" , status (like upswing/stagnation) and so on.
It is both annoying and takes a lot of time to have to click so much around to pick up all the information and it would be a LOT easier if one had a total overview and didn't have to click forth and back and count and remember the number for everything when trying to get a total overview of ones activities in each town and the state of things and what one eventually might need/want to build and so on.
Banning Patrician_Player and clovisoo7 for 1 month from the forums for repeatedly ignoring the request to stop personal insults and derailing this otherwise helpful topic.
...The game has definite 'gaming console' flavor, where everything is done 'by feel', approximately, which, probably, explains the ridiculous imprecise sliders (which lead to lack of difference in 'buy' and 'sell' prices - so that if I 'overslide' the slider I can undo it by sliding it back - which, in turn, leads to possibility of dirty tricks - get simultaneously a few missions to deliver the same goods, wood/bricks are a good example, always in demand, deliver a bunch to a town, get your reward, then pick your goods back & go deliver them to a next destination Rolleyes ), and the '+' & '-' buttons (here's, e.g., a sequence I get when I click on them trying to achieve value '40': 39, 41, 37, 38, 42, 39, 37, 41, 38, 43, 41, 37, 40... Sad ), etc, etc. - so, it's probably no use to suggest 'non-console' or 'PC-specific' features...

...Still, for what it's worth, here are some PR2 things that I really miss so far:

- Set individual buy/sell prices for different goods for the steward

- Commissioned but unfinished businesses included in total number of businesses of that kind (used to show <total>/<functioning>) - important when planning how many more to build

- Info about convoys (number/type of ships/repair state/load level/crew level) by clicking on any convoy on the sea map

- Number of 'idle at sea' convoys also shown, not just 'idle in port' - or it's easy to 'loose' a convoy

- Firing broadside from the keyboard (used to be the 'S' key)

...Some things that I missed in PR2 too:

- Comprehensive 'at a glance' overview of my businesses in a town (kinds/number/employment/output/consumption - a list of [up to] 5 lines)

- Similar global overview (maybe less detailed - kind/total number in all towns/total output)

- For trade routes, an option to 'bring amount of goods in the warehouse to the specified level' - i.e., load or unload goods until amount reaches what's requested

...Overall, PR3 seems to be a console game adapted to PC - and it's sad to see another good game emigrate to the console world... But, probably, nowadays there's not much money in PC-specific games - so people try to conquer other markets... which might be a mistake (c'mon, playing a serious strategy game on a gaming console? Gimme a break Big Grin )... and the game would quietly die - being still too sophisticated & brain- (not finger-) straining for average console gamers, and too simplistic & alien for PC gamers... Sad
...More PR2 things that I really miss:

- Centering screen on currently selected convoy (used to be 'Shift' key)

- Tracking selected convoy at sea (used to be 'Caps Lock' key)

...With new pretty town view, it would be nice if, after I adjust the view (position, zoom, angle) it would be saved for that town - now I have to re-adjust it every time I enter... Sad
* Saving game speed. I like to switch between x0.1 (Default) and x10 (pressing 'Space'), but whenever I load my game, it resets to x1. Could be nice if my game speed was saved with the rest of the game parameters.

* Advisor notes - Currently, we get the announcement and a text line at the bottom of the screen, and in some occasions a short title on the left side of the screen (Like "World", "Advisor Hint", etc). To see what the problem really is, I need to either enter the city or go to the "Advisor" tab to get the list of alerts. I think it would be really cool and more comfortable if we had some version of the alerts list on screen, maybe at the right side, below the convoy panel. It could be invisible by default, and become visible only at mouse-over and when there's a new alert or something, so it doesn't bother us during the rest of the time.

* Adding more factions. People already mentioned adding another country or faction (Portugal? Native Americans?). To add to this concept, how about adding one or more new trading factions? It could be either a corporation style faction or simply a player-like trading competitor. Currently, when it comes to trading, there's us (the player) and then there are the countries' merchant fleets and independent traders. Would be nice if one or more of the small independent ones took the same path some of us players take and managed to build a trading empire, wouldn't it? Smile Such a competition could sure stir things around and make them more interesting, especially during the later phases of the game when there's not much to do anyway.

* Captain skills advancement system - right now the system is pretty basic. How about making it deeper and more challenging? Like, having the captains accumulate experience by doing tasks, missions and tests, and let us, the players, decide in what way to upgrade their skills, like a typical level advancement system in role playing games. Or, for example, require the captain to fulfill a certain task in order to advance a skill, such as succeeding in a timed trading mission to increase his trading ability, and so on.

Hmmm.. That's all for now, got to get back to work before I get fired. LOL. Gonna check in later. Smile
Well i face a certain situation in the game very often... i don't know, maybe it's just me but maybe not and you guys know what i'm talking about.
The situation i refer to is a simple mission i like to accept. A mission from a say dutch gouvernor to help a nearby town of their allies, say the english San Juan. The mission is to deliver 40 coffee, 40 meat, 80 wheat and 20 dye.
Now first thing that annoys me - constantly - is that i've got to click logbook then missions and search (scroll) for the mission and click it to see the details of this mission BECAUSE in that list it only tells me the accumulate amount of goods to deliver. I can't remember the amounts of goods for x delivery missions, so i've got to click, click, click...
Now I've got serveral automated trade routes going.

1st Convoy:
Port Royale - Cayman - Trinidad - Evanmgelista - Cancun - Belize - Roatan
2nd Convoy:
Port Royale - Port-au-Prince - Tortuga - Isabella - San Juan - Santo Domingo

I think that the 1st convoy stops in Cancun for meat and coffee, good, because it stops in Port Royale, too, where that other convoy stops as well, that stops in San Juan, too. PROBLEM is: I do not possess a warehouse in Port Royale.

How do i get the meat and coffee from one convoy to another in Port Royale without a warehouse-convois-click-ory? I don't... it can't be done. I can only deactivate the one route to sent the convoy to San Juan manually.

Even if i had a warehouse and eventually finished the click-orgy the stupid captain of my second convoy sold all the meat and coffee on it's way to San Juan before he finally gets there. To avoid this, i've got 2 options. First: deactivate this route and sent the convoy manually... i don't think so because i could have done it with the 1st convoy in the first place. Second: edit my own strategy and tell my captain not to sell meat and coffee in the towns before San Juan... i don't think so because i already had a click-orgy to get the goods onto that convoy, so i don't need another to keep them on it until he reaches it's destination.

In the end i deactivate my 1st trade route and think... okay... that is that, how about wheat and dye now...

Guess what... same crap there, too.

How complicated is this scenario? Wouldn't it be easier to just being able to transfer goods between convoys as well as captains, crew and ammunition? Wouldn't it be nice if the captain kept the meat and coffee on the convoy because he knows that we have to get it to San Juan to fulfill the mission.

And wouldn't it be nice if the details of the mission log show you how much goods are left to deliver instead of the total amount of it every time you click on details... it would be even nicer if all the important information would be visible in that list right away.

Ahoy.
"Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality."
(24-08-2012, 01:21 PM)legein Wrote: [...]
Wouldn't it be easier to just being able to transfer goods between convois [...]?

Completely support this part (it was so in PR2... Sad )
Why is it that when I get control of a city I have to transfer the money form the city treasury? Why are there no intermidiate administrators for the player?

Possible solution:

Manor: allows player to get married. Allows access to city funds (direct deposit would be nice.:rolleyes. A Manor needs to be built in any city player controls. Displays player's flag on map.

Estate: manor upgrade. addition 200 wood and 400 brick.
Allows control of two to ten manors. Acts as a Manor. Counts as a warehouse. Displays player's flag with signet ring on nav. map.

Palace: Estate upgrade additional 200 wood and 400 brick.
Allows control of multiple Estate. Acts as an Estate. Displays payer's flag with crown on nav. map.

Hometown will be in the city with the largest house.

If I built a shipyard and administrate it, why am I not making any money from it? How is it possible for a small shipyard with a city population of 900 able to repair and refit a Damage ship of the line?

Possible solutions:

Small shipyard (in every city) can handle ship with a purchase price of less than 39,000. (Pinnace, Sloop, Brigg, Barc)

Big shipyard (in every gov. city at start) upgrade of small shipyard for 100 wood and 200 brick. Can handle repair on ships upto 100,000 purchase price (Fluyt, trade fluyt, corvette, frigate). Also allows buying and selling of ships.

Dry dock (in every Viceroy city at start) upgrade of big shipyard for 200 wood and 400 brick. Can handle all ships. Can buy and sell ships. Allows an Agent to be hired that will notify player of ships for sale. Agent can be asked for certain types of ships ( ie trade fluyt and liner. etc)

If city administrator get a 10% fee on all repairs done and 1% of ship sales. In exhange must pay a maintenance cost for shipyard, and must supply wood.

Events:
Fire: Build a fire station and hire 1 firefighter per 100 people for max protection. Cost 1 per man per month

Epidemic: Build a docter's office then upgade to clinic then hospital. after Hospital built hire a Docter for every extra 2,000.
Possible city upgrades that would improve health could count as hospital upgrades. (paved plaza, sewers, etc)

Drought: Fountain's for the city 60 wood and 120 brick, properity loss reduced by half. Cisterns (1 space/60 wood/120 brick protects 3 hex diameter) for the farms.

Hurricanes, Locus lots of prayer.

The Church, why can't it be upgraded.

Chapel (every city) allow prayer and small feast. 1% tithe from each member of population.

Church (every gov.'s city at start) chapel upgrade for 60 wood and 120 brick. Allows small and large feast. 2% tithe from city population.

Large Church (Viceroy's city at start) church upgrade 100 wood 200 brick. Allows small feast, large feast, weddings, missionaries.

Cathedral: large church upgrade 200 wood 400 brick. give 10 pt prosperity bonus. 10% tithe from city population.

Schools: school house, school, academy, college, universiy. each upgrade 40 wood and 120 bricks.
College also allows docters/teachers to be trained. Hire teachers every addition level.

New events
1. Revolt: City prosperity falls to state of emergancy, there would be a chance the city would revolt and go back to previous owner.
2. Native attack: local natives attack and kill some soldiers and population.
install update 1.2 on consoles and evrybody will be happy !!!
???

completely wrong forum, i think! Wink
PR3 don't have a char/avatar...
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
(16-09-2012, 04:56 AM)xking Wrote: A better character creation so we can change how we look
different hairstyles
different skin tones
different clothing styles ...

YEA HELL YEA !!
i wanna dress like a seemly drunken pirate with a funny accent and filty hair , and i need to be called Captain before my name !!
and i once build a raft from human hair and a couple of seaturtles !!

can u feel it , the sarcasme ? go play saint row or something Big Grin
(21-09-2012, 08:50 PM)blamsucka Wrote: I have a suggestion and it's simple. Do what you promised initially. Add multiplayer to consoles.

I actualy play on console ps3 and dont feel like playing this with other people because ....
how long can a multiplayergame last ?
This isnt a game that u can play for an hour of two buth like many more houres ,
Buth i agree with u , when they sed it was also for consoles they must keep there promess.
Faites comme PR2,mode carrière était très bien(plusieurs options)
Le choie de la Nation du départ.
Le choie du bateaux du;2 ou 3,dépand du choie mode carrière(pirate ou marchand et militaire)

Alain
Possibility of transporting the settlers from one city to 'other.
If one administers a city would like to have their colonies to be used as sailors or as workers if the treasure fleets not dock anymore?
(30-09-2012, 11:35 PM)Nessunowin32 Wrote: Possibility of transporting the settlers from one city to 'other.

it is given in the game...you can carry sailors/settlers from every town to another. also you can get them not only from gov-towns, also from "normal" towns...build a school and feed the settlers to become wealthy and they will grow on thereselves (it belongs to your fantasy in which way! Wink )
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
(it belongs to your fantasy in which way! Wink )

Dont they grow on trees ? I dunno how ? Big Grin
I'm completely new to this franchise, though not to Kalypso games as I am something of a Tropico addict. I'm also new to Tropico this generation (I play on Xbox 360), I'd never even heard of them before 3, and since then I've been hooked.

As someone who is new to this franchise, I can only make suggestions based on my experiences playing this over the last few days.

The biggest problem I have with this game is the pirates. Even for someone who enjoys management sim games like Tropico, Civ, Anno etc, this game has a fiendish learning curve. There is so much to take in that at times it can make your head hurt trying to monitor everything. The pirates show up very quickly in the campaign, and as the CPU never seems to try and deal with them, they inevitably get stronger and more numerous as the game progresses, leaving the player to deal with them. That's fine, except doing so takes a lot of time and money, and you have to do all this whilst still trying learn the minutiae of setting up trade routes, optimal use of warehouses, how to build your own buildings. There is just so much, and the veracity of the Pirates just makes playing the game a chore at times. They seriously need to be toned down. Made easier to deal with, and less frequent until later in the game.

Second suggestion is for more better control in the battle screens. First of all, it needs better control over speed. Rather than just x1 or x10, allow a x2, x4 and x7 or somesuch. Something to speed up the game if you want, but not put it into uncontrollable hyperdrive, which is what x10 represents. As it stands, the ship battles are boring and clunky. Frankly, I'd rather the challenge be taken out of it and the battles made insanely easy, as right now they're a nightmare and drag the experience down.

Third suggestion. Let architects take resources for my buildings from my warehouse. As it stands, I have to spend an age hunting out all the lumber and bricks I can find, to sell to the port I want to build in, just for it all to be used by other merchants first. That's not on. If I have the materials in my warehouse, there is no good reason not to let the architects use it.

Fourth suggestion, let Hospitals and schools represent permanent reputation increases with a nation/port. I don't know if this actually happens or not already, I'm just bringing it up as right now, the reputations with ports/nations deteriorates far too rapidly and this would be an acceptable trade off.

Those are the 4 major things I've noticed so far that could really do with being changed or ammended.

Thanks Smile
@Grummy
I have the PC version so if these facilities aren't available on the console version sorry.
Pirates - (or any sea battle) You can usually win any battle with any one ship against any 3 ships. The AI only uses 2 tactics. Your tactic is "Run Away" and use the turn / fire / run away again tactic, takes time but is always successful. Play it through a few times and you will find you can increase the battle speed.
Check these two threads for more info.

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=14639
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=14450

Setting up trade routes - automate (you can automate settlers in CIV and routes in Anno). But check this site for more information
http://www.portroyale3-fansite.de/
You can make money on nearly any trade route if you use the "My Strategy" option and buy at mimimum price and sell at maximum. Helps if you route through towns that produce a raw material that other towns on that route need to produce a finished product.

Reputation - keep killing / capturing pirates that will help with reputation.

Taking goods from your warehouse for buildings - there's not enough space to give the URLs of the posts that have made that suggestion.
havent got the game yet but from what i read from the net here is a few ideas.

1. build your ships
2. more ships(im sure the world used more than those back in the 17th)
3. pirate career
4. takeover requires less than 75% of workers
5. become your own nation
6. if the is a limit on how many ships you can have, increase it Smile
(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 1. build your ships
Wink

(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 2. more ships(im sure the world used more than those back in the 17th)
there are 15 kind of ship types...isn't that enough?

(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 3. pirate career
difficult, but possible

(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 4. takeover requires less than 75% of workers
why?
btw...taking over a town by war, doesn't need any workers! Big Grin

(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 5. become your own nation
you are your own nation!

(10-10-2012, 01:51 PM)KrisButtar Wrote: 6. if the is a limit on how many ships you can have, increase it Smile
200 convoys with each 50 ships! isn't that enough? it is enough to build a house/facility on every free place and get the citizens nealry wealthy with the production and deliver everything to everywhere...so what do you want more?
[/quote]
200 convoys with each 50 ships! isn't that enough? it is enough to build a house/facility on every free place and get the citizens nealry wealthy with the production and deliver everything to everywhere...so what do you want more?
[/quote]
yes that is great...still waiting for my local store to get the game is stock as it was delayed

new idea, maybe for the next game, instead of just the Caribbean make it the world? Smile