Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.03 only!)
(10-10-2011, 10:21 AM)Swixel Wrote:  
(06-10-2011, 05:42 PM)fredreed Wrote:  I think that having a no population limit is something that you need to have included in the next patch, because I still find problems with the population. If you don't want to fix these problems then you will start having people getting angry at you. You also need to read the forum and see what people are saying about Tropico 4 issues. The population limit is a very big concern to me as well because If you have a big island then you should be allowed to have unlimited people on the island that you want.
Responding to the population limit.

The limit is 1500, it was in the patch notes for 1.03. It's not a bug, it's a limit and they've told you what it is.

I can ritch max. 1050 population (not 1500 !) ...and then it ALWAYS
crash !!! Game over! ...and have nice day Sad

[my PC cover the Game Standarts for sure!]

(09-10-2011, 04:01 AM)person17 Wrote:  My DirectX crashes when playing Tropico 4 for about 5 minutes it's not even on maximum settings and my computer meets the qualifications for it to be played...HELP ME PLEASE I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME SO BAD!

Do all the standard things.
Make sure your Video and sound drivers are up to date
Run Windows update and check optional updates for any hardware ot software update.
Still crashing.
Some information you need to give
Do you crash to desktop - do you get an error message.
Do a DXDIAG and post the use the '#/#' so the file sits in a scrolling windows
(Start button , select RUN - typing "dxdiag" in the RUN box, and then pressing ENTER. Save information to a name.TXT file)

Also send the info and the DXDIAG file to Kalypso support.
In campaign mission 2, "It's all Mine !" on Isla de Hierro, at one point there is offered the opportunity to pay $10000 for prospectors. I did that, and got a message that three new deposits had been discovered. These did not appear either using the overlay or scouring the island with the appropriate mines selected.
Ran the mission twice more, from its start. The same thing happened every time.
Either the message should have been "Sorry - no new deposits found", which would be disapppointing, or the new deposits should become visible.
Someone else reported that he got new deposits but they were unworkable.
My game crashes when i got 900 pop, before was freazing only with 1260 pop. When is the next pacth coming? I don't think i'm going to buy other tropico game before be sure there is no bug included.
Never ending tornado

Not sure what year it was triggered but was sometime before 1970, as you can see its now 2018 and the tornado is still going, tourist complaining of dust, the sun hasnt been out in 48 years and the noise is just annoying as F*&K...

[Image: http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/tropicostorm01.jpg]

[Image: http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/tropicostorm02.jpg]

Also cant stand the scroll speed as others have mentioned..

does anyone know if i select a building or any object, is there a hot key that will scroll through all the same objects on the map.. i hate when trying to find where i placed another similiar building or structure etc...

Can we have an upgrade option for the fishermans wharf to create a fishermans dock where we can have larger fishing boats that can get to parts of the island that the little rowboats cant get to.. plus since the boat would be bigger it could haul in larger loads of fish .. upkeep would be like fuel, oil, nets etc
(23-10-2011, 02:24 AM)wingtip Wrote:  Never ending tornado

Already been confirmed to be a side effect of Tyrannus. While it can be replicated without the modification installed, Tyrannus is making it worse.

You'll need to remove the mod or play with random events off if you want to keep the mod running.
"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know" ― Cicero.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
Just bought a new more powerfull machine (I7 2600K, 8Gbs RAM, GTX 470) and bugs still up. The game crash without any error, ppls walking still(once a policeman and a criminal took 5 years at same place), etc... Are we going to have a new patch to fix all those bugs yet?
still must be something with your hardware/software(os) your running, ive not had a single crash... just the never ending tornadoe lol...

vista enterprise 64 bit
amd 3.1 ghz dual core
gforce gtx280 w/1gig ram
4 gig system ram
(23-10-2011, 08:40 AM)Tommy Wrote:  Just bought a new more powerfull machine (I7 2600K, 8Gbs RAM, GTX 470) and bugs still up. The game crash without any error, ppls walking still(once a policeman and a criminal took 5 years at same place), etc... Are we going to have a new patch to fix all those bugs yet?

If there's a BIOS option to disable the onboard GPU stuff for that, do so. Bushface has the same problem, so I'm wondering if the K aspect of the i7 (read: onboard GPU) maybe an issue.

Hopefully that fixes it -- and if it does, it's not an engine bug, but a Direct X issue.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
Another bug possibly?

part of this mission was an objective to export 500 fish... after about 10 years i got pissed off that i hadnt exported 1 dam fish so i went to investigate and although I had one Cannery, it was not canning fish, the almanac clearly did not show any fish canned or not being exported... so i just assumed my population was eating it... so i built a large fishing industry thinking for certain i'd have 500 fish in now time...

well as you can see in these pics, having 11 total fishing wharfs, and one wharf shown below has several hundred fish just by itself let alone the other 10...had well over 1000 fish sitting..

no trucks would ever pick up fish, but fish would disappear .. after about 15 years i quit worry about it and finished the mission without completing that task.... i really wish there was a way to abandon objectives...

[Image: http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/tropicowhitemencantfish.jpg]

[Image: http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/tropicowhitemencantfish02.jpg]

by the way, the rum distillery near two churches never would complete either.

would be nice to have the option to drop objectives for a small penalty... also the objectives listed on the screen should be bit smaller and have a hid/minimize option... and as everyone is screaming for, slower scroll speed or user defined scroll speed...

thanks!
(20-09-2011, 10:20 PM)billyplod Wrote:  
(20-09-2011, 10:02 PM)Tommy Wrote:  My tropico 4 still freezes, the game crachs when i got 1260 people in my island. I bought via steam and in the launcher says "Tropico 4 Version 1.0", how can i see if my tropico is running at 1.03 version ?

My PC is a Phenom x4 2.2Ghz OC to 2.6 Ghz with 6 GB RAM ddr2 and EVGA Nvidia GTX 470.

First if you have a STEAM version, then STEAM will keep the game current. From your GAME Library on STEAM select TROPICO 4 and "right click" - Select "Properties" - then the UPDATES TAB.
This should be set to "Keep Game up to date".

If your not sure then launch TROPIC 4 and select "CREDITS" from the main menu - bottom right hand corner - 1.03.301.

If you keep getting crashes do the standard things:-

Run Windows Update - apply all the "High Priority" fixes
Run Windows Update - apply any Optional Hardware fixes
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date
Check your PC manufacturers web site for firmware updates

If your still getting crashes - then post your DXDIAG - in #/# with any error message AND send it with a brief decription to KALYPSO support. Then you have 2 chances to get help.

(23-10-2011, 01:56 PM)Swixel Wrote:  
(23-10-2011, 08:40 AM)Tommy Wrote:  Just bought a new more powerfull machine (I7 2600K, 8Gbs RAM, GTX 470) and bugs still up. The game crash without any error, ppls walking still(once a policeman and a criminal took 5 years at same place), etc... Are we going to have a new patch to fix all those bugs yet?

If there's a BIOS option to disable the onboard GPU stuff for that, do so. Bushface has the same problem, so I'm wondering if the K aspect of the i7 (read: onboard GPU) maybe an issue.

Hopefully that fixes it -- and if it does, it's not an engine bug, but a Direct X issue.

On my friend's Phenom II X4 955 got the same problem, one of the saves crashes at 820 pop e onother save at 1260 pop.

Bios, Directx11, Hardwares, drivers everything updated. The only game that a got problem to play(Though i'm not playng for bugs issues).
(24-10-2011, 08:49 PM)Tommy Wrote:  On my friend's Phenom II X4 955 got the same problem, one of the saves crashes at 820 pop e onother save at 1260 pop.

Bios, Directx11, Hardwares, drivers everything updated. The only game that a got problem to play(Though i'm not playng for bugs issues).

I can't speak for the Phenom, but I'd still check your BIOS settings. It's not a question of having it updated, it's a question of making sure you don't have anything that could open multiple DirectX contexts.

It's also the only game you've found -- I'm sure if you looked hard enough there would be many others.

Your best bet is to report it to Kalypso and post it here, as billyplod said.

(02-10-2011, 02:52 AM)Ridzilla Wrote:  Hi,

I purchased the game on Steam today and I can not build any roads. When I select to build roads the game pauses and I am unable to actually place any roads. The interface shows no preview of a road and clicking does nothing. Also, I am unable to unpause the game from this point on and must reload a previous save. Constructing everything else works fine. I can reproduce the issue 100% in tutorial, and by creating a new profile and restarting

I have tried reinstalling. The game is unplayable in this state for me.

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. I've made a preorder and still cant play the game.

P.S. Finally managed to register. All my 4 emails is prohibited! Why do you hate russian email hosters so much, people?
My bug comes from the XBOX 360 version. I can't tell if its the 1.03 update or not as I can't find that info in the game plus I don't remember downloading a patch. Anyway, today when I started my game at the prompt to choose a storage device I tried selecting the main internal hard drive and the game kept saying no hard drive selected and that I'll have to continue without saving. This means I also can't retrieve ANY of my saved games. I tried repeatedly with the same results. I transfered everything I had saved to an external thumb drive and that works fine. At the prompt screen it shows that I have the internal hard drive and the available space is right but when I try to select it the game doesn't recognize it at all.
So when will the next patch come out? It has been 2 months already since the last patch,
I would like to report some bugs. There are a lot of them in tenements but it seems that devs won't do anything about it.

I will grow a Gandalf beard before next patch comes out Tongue
So I have found that if you build a Cruise Ship and then later on delete it, not only can you not build a new one later(max number build message), but It also still has the transport boat animation going to a ship that isn't there.
Please fix the scroll speed. It scrolls to fast to be enjoyable.
More then 2 months have passed since i reported the bug with the roads, and still now fix and not even response. I STILL CANT PLAY THE GAME! Once i click on the road icon in the build menu, game pauses but cursor does not transform into road build mode. And i cannot unpause the game! I'm just stuck in pause mode.
I've played through tropico 3 and absolute power many-many times, and i know the basics. Its a bug!
I've preordered the game once preorder was opened and still can't play! Very disappointed!
Now i cannot complete steam sale's achievement. :-(((
I found a graphical bug with my game concerning backgrounds :/
[Image: http://i.imgur.com/78Nd5.jpg]

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/gljdd.jpg]

I have tried messing with the graphics settings but the backgrounds in level selection and the preceding screens are still glitched. When i just load the level, whether what be with a custom or preset avatar, the game instantly crashes. My drivers are up to date and so is my game. Someone please help and i would be very grateful.
Advanced pizza, what are your system specs?

(22-12-2011, 02:22 AM)Swixel Wrote:  Advanced pizza, what are your system specs?

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 processor (3.4GHz)
4gb RAM
Directx11
ATI Radeon HD 6970

But even with lowest graphics settings the bug persists. I have restarted the game many times, and steam. I might have to re-install it.
Well, it's not just a background issue. There's a model missing.

DirectX 11 doesn't really mean much when the game uses DX9, other than it may not be playing nice ... hopefully Kalypso know more.

(22-12-2011, 03:07 AM)Swixel Wrote:  Well, it's not just a background issue. There's a model missing.

DirectX 11 doesn't really mean much when the game uses DX9, other than it may not be playing nice ... hopefully Kalypso know more.

Well thanks for clearing that up Smile
I will re-install it and get back to you.
ERROR: can not create shader pack file: Path Not Found

You and your half-finished games. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: WTF? You **** product demands a code that doesn't have the same number of letters as the code that came with it! It starts out with a 3 letter bit, then four four-letter segments. THE CODE THAT CAME WITH THE BOX starts out with a four-letter segment and then five five-letter segments!
I'm getting the exact same thing as AdvancedPizza which is weird because a few hours ago it was just fine.

EDIT

Got it fixed, just verify integrity of game files through Steam and let it download again.
(13-09-2011, 07:22 PM)Melbourne Wrote:  Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.03 only!)

Please use this thread to report gameplay and technical bugs you encounter with Tropico 4 updated to version 1.03 only.

An update patching Tropico 4 to version 1.03 is available. Steam users will get their update via the Steam client now, Kalypso Launcher and other download clients will receive their update shortly.

Changelog: Update 1.03
What about the 360 bugs! Game is a joke!

Seems to be a map error on the mission "To Bait Fish Withal". There is a lower section of the island that is good for growing sugar. I am trying to build a road to it but can't ever get it to go. It keeps telling me that there are rocks in the way.

[Image: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/silentpoo/Tropico%204/Trop4Bug1.jpg]

[Image: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/silentpoo/Tropico%204/Trop4Bug2.jpg]

As you can see, I'm pretty far away from those rocks. I've tried numerous different ways and it seems impossible to get a road down there.
It appears your game config/shader cache got corrupted during a crash. Delete those files from %appdata%\Tropico 4 but keep your saved games and player profiles.
Well!
Don't know if it's a bug but my island never rich the 1500 popullation, it's always near 1350.
This lead me to a economic problem. I have 100 job post open and about 350 people above 65 years, so, not working.
I can't deal with them, and they have a great life expectancy. Hope there's a "No limit population for those who are sure about their machine handling it.". Because I can handle much more than this, or maybe a "kill all old not-working people" button.

Sad, but necessary.

Also, there's many places in all maps where buildings and roads can't be placed because a rock becomes red, but it's not even near.
AND
I found that the NPCs don't know how to use a triple road. I made one leading to port area, and the computer drives only in the extreme left and right vias, the center one, who leads direct to port road is unused, even when the other two roads are full of car, they don't move.
As seen below.

[Image: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8581/tropico4201112282245492.jpg]