recourses disappearing
sillls Offline

recourses disappearing
Currently I am playing Patrician 4 Rise of a Dynasty
There is an issue with recourses in Lubec sometimes when I try to build shops (in a building assignment) the town will not build because it has no building materials. But when I get the building materials and sell them to the market, almost nothing happens. The demand in the architects building hardly drops even when I put two times what is needed and the market runs out of bricks and wood. It's like they throw it away. Sometimes when I fast forward it. the material drops and almost to nothing and the architect still has not gotten any recourses. Then I fail the mission, o joy.

Also it is almost like I make it worse when I add wood and brick because sometimes the demand increases and I don't see any other buildings going up. The city eats the wood and bricks like a glutton.

I would really like to find out if there was a way to solve this. If there is a way that I can get the artitect to get the wood and brick from my counting house that would be great..

I have found a kind of workaround though. If I stop the game and load up the wood and bricks and then build somtimes I can get around the problem.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2011 09:06 PM by sillls.)
28-09-2011 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
random50 Offline

RE: recourses disappearing
(28-09-2011 08:51 PM)sillls Wrote:  Currently I am playing Patrician 4 Rise of a Dynasty
There is an issue with recourses in Lubec sometimes when I try to build shops (in a building assignment) the town will not build because it has no building materials. But when I get the building materials and sell them to the market, almost nothing happens. The demand in the architects building hardly drops even when I put two times what is needed and the market runs out of bricks and wood. It's like they throw it away. Sometimes when I fast forward it. the material drops and almost to nothing and the architect still has not gotten any recourses. Then I fail the mission, o joy.

Also it is almost like I make it worse when I add wood and brick because sometimes the demand increases and I don't see any other buildings going up. The city eats the wood and bricks like a glutton.

I would really like to find out if there was a way to solve this. If there is a way that I can get the artitect to get the wood and brick from my counting house that would be great..

I have found a kind of workaround though. If I stop the game and load up the wood and bricks and then build somtimes I can get around the problem.

Thanks.

When you build a new building, the game checks the market and automatically takes out the required wood and brick. But here's the catch - it will *only* take amounts that correspond to completing the next building in the queue.

For example, say there's a house in the queue and the architect is still short 35 wood. You put down an extra house, which is another 40 wood and 80 brick. If there's 75 or more wood in the market, it will take the full 75. If there's between 35 and 74, it will take exactly 35, leaving you 40 short (for the house you just built). If there's 34 or less, it will take nothing at all (leaving 75 short in all).

The upshot is to make sure the market has exactly the amount of materials required *before* you build.

There's also no way to have the architect go directly to your warehouse, but that was apparently by design. The above is at least a workaround to that issue.
28-09-2011 09:55 PM
sillls Offline

I hear what your saying and it should work that way but it does not. For example: I have two shops waiting to be built. It's short 25 wood. So I put 25 in. It's gone, and the builder is still 25 short. I put in a 100. I wait, all the wood is gone from the market and I am still 25 short. So I drain some towns compleatly and put in over 300. I wait, the wood is gone and I am still 25 wood short.
So I reload and try adding smaller amounts like 35, I wait untell it's gone from the market and I add 35 or so more. After 2 or three or four trys... It finally goes down to about 5. I know it sounds crazy.
Does it make a difference if your doing the campain?
29-09-2011 06:09 AM
Dorimil Offline
Patrician expert

the amounts of goods which are short for the architect are not the only possibilities where wood and bricks are needed. especially wood is also needed for ships and trecks. Even the citizens will use wood (and bricks) every day.

Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: 46.png]
29-09-2011 08:25 AM
pna247 Offline

in Lubec wood will be consumed by the town (in a substantial rate since it has salters)
29-09-2011 12:33 PM
sillls Offline

True salters do pulling alot, ok thanks.Smile
29-09-2011 03:57 PM
random50 Offline

(29-09-2011 06:09 AM)sillls Wrote:  I hear what your saying and it should work that way but it does not. For example: I have two shops waiting to be built. It's short 25 wood. So I put 25 in. It's gone, and the builder is still 25 short. I put in a 100. I wait, all the wood is gone from the market and I am still 25 short. So I drain some towns compleatly and put in over 300. I wait, the wood is gone and I am still 25 wood short.
So I reload and try adding smaller amounts like 35, I wait untell it's gone from the market and I add 35 or so more. After 2 or three or four trys... It finally goes down to about 5. I know it sounds crazy.
Does it make a difference if your doing the campain?

You missed my point. The game checks when you put a building down. If there's sufficient wood and brick in the market to make up the current shortfall at the architect, place another building and he'll grab the resources from the market. (Well, certainly another major building. Small wells won't work. I'm not sure about large wells and town squares.)

If you don't really want to add another new building, I think you get most of your money back if you immediately demolish the new building.
29-09-2011 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication