ceville tech problems
newgamer Offline

ceville tech problems
I bought and downloaded ceville on may 1, and still cannot play it. First i couldn't get it to load but thanks to this forum i found the solution to that problem. Now when i try to play, the characters are clear but the background is fuzzy so the only way to find a hot spot is to move the mouse over the blur. When i do find a hotspot and click on it the game freezes and i can not play. So i am stuck at the very beginning of the game right after the opening cut scene. I can't escape the room or do anything because as soon as i try the game freezes. I have tried the patches, they have not helped. Please help me i would really like to play this game.
21-05-2009 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thorunn Offline

RE: ceville tech problems
I have just the same problems...I've installed the latest patch, installed the applications from the redist folder myself but nothing happens.
If you need any information that helps just let me know Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 05:59 PM by Thorunn.)
05-07-2009 05:41 PM
newgamer Offline

Thorunn Wrote:I have just the same problems...I've installed the latest patch, installed the applications from the redist folder myself but nothing happens.
If you need any information that helps just let me know Wink

if you figure out the answer to the problem please let me know.
thank you
07-07-2009 04:47 PM
page693 Offline

Hello!

I just bought Ceville yesterday, and I have the same problem. (I'm not alone! Big Grin). I tried different resolutions and textures levels, but nothing works.

Here's my PC infos.

- Windows XP SP3
- Intel Pentium IV 3.4 GHz
- 1 Gb of RAM
- approx. 30Gb free HD space
- Intel 82915 graphic card with 128Mb video memory (DirectX 9.0c, Pixel Shader 2.0 and OpenGL 2.0 support)
- DirectX 9.0c
- Latest drivers installed
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and the other C++ program installed with latest updates.
- Ceville with Patch 1.0.2

Help me please! Thank you!

page693
11-07-2009 11:47 PM
UniqueG0D Offline

I have the same problem, and I do use a laptop with onboard graphic card.Intel.I guess its because we use a laptop with onboard graphic card.
19-10-2009 06:52 PM
Timo Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

page693 Wrote:- Intel 82915 graphic card with 128Mb video memory (DirectX 9.0c, Pixel Shader 2.0 and OpenGL 2.0 support)
This integrated graphics chipset is not compatible with Ceville.

El Presidente on Twitter | Tropico 5 Steam Community | Tropico on Facebook
20-10-2009 09:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jalyna Offline

I am also having the problem with the blurry background. The game installed well enough and works fine until the first scene where the king is reading the complaints: blurry background; clear characters. I don't think I have the freezing problem, though, because I've clicked on one or two things when I found them with the mouse and it worked fine (except for the whole blurry thing). I am also using a laptop, but I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. I have Vista, and I think that the Directx that came with the game installed okay (although I don't see it on the program list or even when I do a search of My Computer), but I don't know if the Microsoft.Net install thing (I can't remember what it's called exactly) that popped up during the game installation completed because there was an error message in the setup window that said something about a setup error. I just clicked cancel or whatever and the game installation continued, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
02-11-2009 10:42 PM
Fabrima Offline

Well, I finally got the background working well.

Just go to options, then graphics, and take off everyting (either move the red ball all the way to the left and uncheck the boxes) and let your Resolution be the highest 16 bit and not the 32 bit (move that red ball from the right, only one spot/movement to the left).

That was a puzzle. Now I have to stop the game from freezing.
07-03-2010 01:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication