Welcome to the boards!
We would like to welcome all registered users of our forums to this newly created community "hangout".

This is a place where you can introduce yourself to our fellow community members, discuss all things off-topic and simply have a good time.

We are very much looking forward to getting this place crowded with amazing people like you!
Robber Baron is in the house. Hide your silverware!
(30-04-2010, 05:30 AM)Robber Baron Wrote: Robber Baron is in the house. Hide your silverware!

Very sporting of you to warn us. Obviously, you are watching where we hide it.
(16-06-2009, 12:52 PM)Timo Wrote: ... This is a place where you can introduce yourself to our fellow community members, discuss all things off-topic and simply have a good time. ...

Hey Timo, Who is the designated THREAD POLICE who is authorized to tell posters that they are stupid for their opinions?

I backed out of one thread because I thought it was the kind thing to do. Do I have to back out of every thread just because another poster jumps on me personally? I disagree with posters, but I try not to call them names.

I think it’s a matter of simple forum ethics, and anyone should be able to point them out.

A well wishing thread should not be attacked by trolls derailing the thread.

Threads made on a specific topic should stay on topic. If a thread strays then the person doing it should create a new thread so not to derail the current one.

Whenever I catch myself straying from the threads intended purpose I usually delete my comments for the benefit of all, and not to continue on that path. I’ve had the respect, and consideration of doing this many times.

You don’t need to be so analytical to get a point across. Sometimes this confuses the issue on a thread even more. If it takes me to point this out... Then so be it. If my postings get deleted... Then so be it. I know I’ve tried.

I don’t remember calling you names. If I did, then you have my public opologies, but you would have to show me where. I never called you a “Stupid Shit” for your opinion. So if you’re going to complain, then complain truthfully, and don’t add things that aren’t there to get your point across. You seem to interject, comment, and correct others at every given opportunity, but when someone points out your faults, and corrects you, you go whining to the Mods/Admin for assistance. Take constructive criticism like a man, and learn how to communicate with others. I’m not faultless, and try to edit my posts’ accordingly. You offer a lot of insight, and nobody can say different. You also tend to go way overboard, and completely stray from the topic at hand to confuse the issue further.

Like you, I have an opinion. I don’t think mine was far off the mark. I just had the guts to say it. If someone points out my faults I just bow my head to them, and try to correct the situation as I’ve done in the past too. I’m fully aware that this is an “Off-Topic” area. What that means is you can create threads off the main forum, and discuss anything you want. It does not mean to go off-topic on a thread addressing a specific topic. It’s impolite, and not very respectful of the thread originator. If someone trolls, or flames the thread you created, you have the right to respond along with anyone else that finds the remark offensive.

Most forums have a “Rules of Conduct” posted somewhere that explain some of these basic forum ethics. I’m surprised this one doesn’t. At least I never found it.
*Walks into the thread carrying a large triple-chocolate round cake and sets it down on the table* (there is now a table in here, in case nobody noticed it before)

Gentlemen, I know this is the internet, but let us as men of power (however imaginary) be cordial and follow all due customs of discussion. For example, when giving critical insight it is appropriate to have cake. This soothes the nerves, calms the mind, and fattens the stomach inducing a happy-sleep state similar to the feeling of a post-thanksgivinig dinner coma, minus the headache of having to put up with the inlaws all day...

Now that that's settled. Hello everyone. I am Tyroq, newcomer to the Tropico series, but very much excited by it all. I've played many sim games over the years, but hadn't heard of this title until an article over at arstechnica gave an appetite whetting summary of the franchise. So of course I had to check it out. And from what I've read T4 looks to be even better. Ah, it's a good time to be a gamer. Big Grin
"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
~Theodore Roosevelt
I appreciate your comment of peace, as I assume it to be.
Hmm, let's see. Cake is English. And I'm sure everyone knows about Thanksgiving dinner coma and fattening the stomach. Was it my reference to arstechnica that made me seem too geekish? I assure you I'm no 1337 haxxor. :p

Ok, on reference to the game that brought us all here, I just finished my 6th game in Tropico 3. 573 people, 60% approval rating, and $400k. This is by far a personal best, and so I'm kinda riding on a happy cloud. 115% difficulty if that means anything. Smile
"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
~Theodore Roosevelt
Deleted by poster. Sorry.
Well I am confused now. I thought I was speaking plain english. And I most certainly was talking as an equal, I don't know you, I have no reason to look down on you or talk as if I'm somehow better. I don't know why you're taking issue with me. All I did was introduce myself in a friendly manner and try to make some jokes. I always conduct myself appropriately to where I am. Are you taking hostilities out on me because I interrupted your quarrel with Coco? I'm sorry if that was a problem, I thought it was appropriate to step in and say hi as I did. But if I'm not wanted here I'll log off. I'm not a troll, and I have no intention of butting in where people don't want me. I was just trying to be friendly, but apparently that is not welcome either.
~Theodore Roosevelt
Didn’t mean to come off that way. I’m just having trouble understanding some of your points. Maybe it was just a long day/night for me. Sorry, didn’t mean to take it out on you.Wink
(12-07-2011, 05:58 AM)Tyroq Wrote: ... I am Tyroq, newcomer to the Tropico series, but very much excited by it all. I've played many sim games over the years, but hadn't heard of this title until an article over at
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/20...part-1.ars
gave an appetite whetting summary of the franchise. So of course I had to check it out. And from what I've read T4 looks to be even better. ...

It's nice to have you here.

Of course the Off-Topic board is not especially associated with the Tropico board -- but you know that. You gave an interesting link -- Tropico is briefed on page 3 of that thorough survey.

Stop back often, please. Big Grin
Hey again, yeah I'm back. It's ok Bob, let's just move on. And yeah Coco, I love arstechnica. They've had some awesome articles on games as well as science there. I found that one about the history of sim games to be particularly good, and it inspired me to get this. Anyway, fun stuff. I'll be around.
~Theodore Roosevelt
I love SimCity. It is fun to build a large city and then summon giant monster to destroy big part of it. There is also ( sigh...) giant robot and alien attacks as well as meteor shower but all have same effects.

I spent weeks developing my virtual city and now all is ruined because I pressed that button out of curiosity ! DAMN THIS !!!

Tongue Tongue Tongue
*Blinks confusedly at chirstin*

O_o

*Flexes muscles*

Well, yes I am very strong.

*Sniffs armpits*

Oh, that's what you meant.

*Passes out*
~Theodore Roosevelt
(14-07-2011, 04:00 AM)Tyroq Wrote: *Blinks confusedly at chirstin* ...

Member 'chirstin louboution' joined Jul 13 at 5:46 PM and was banned Jul 13 at 8:40 PM.

It seems like admins really do monitor the forums 24/7 . His posts got deleted.

Ah well, at least I got a chance to make a clever response first. :p
The one I made in that Wedding advertisement thread the other day got lost when the whole thread was deleted. My cleverness was lost. Sad
~Theodore Roosevelt
Just thought I’d say hi. I like debates, as long as they are intelligent, and free of insults toward one another, and we can still be friends, or at the very least, civil. Wink
Here is official welcome from me Tongue

(02-12-2011, 05:07 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Here is official welcome from me Tongue
Is that how you greet people? By sticking out your tongue at them? Wow, some forum.Rolleyes
Hey ! It is a custom in my country ! Big Grin Just kidding,I thought I should welcome you at this thread because you introduced yourself here. Using Tongue is just a bad habit
(02-12-2011, 05:17 PM)Che Guevara Wrote: Hey ! It is a custom in my country ! Big Grin Just kidding,I thought I should welcome you at this thread because you introduced yourself here. Using Tongue is just a bad habit
Recognizing a bad habit is to refrain from it. Isn’t it? Anyway I wasn’t brought up that way. When I did it as a kid my mom put hot pepper on it. I guess that’s why I don’t like spicy foods. Now that we got that out of the way, nice to meet you though.
Nice to meet you too. Cool
Hi people! I like cats.

(I was never too good at writing intros anyways Smile )