Guns, Money, Honor - Kalypso Unveils “Omerta – City of Gangters”
Melbourne Offline

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1227]

o•mer•ta (-mûrt, mr-tä)
A rule or code that prohibits speaking or divulging information about
certain activities, especially the activities of a criminal organization.

Ridgewood, NJ, March 6, 2012

The Capo Crimini of Kalypso Media are pleased to unveil Omerta – City of Gangsters, a strategy game focusing on the activities of organized crime in Atlantic City in the 1920’s. In Omerta, players will take on the role of a fresh-off-the-boat gangster, as he struggles to make a name for himself and build a criminal empire in a meticulously recreated prohibition-era Atlantic City.

Gameplay will combine with strategic elements, as players spread their empire across the map, and tactical combat, with players fighting fierce gun battles with rival games and the police. It’s all about building your crime family in Omerta – City of Gangsters, which is set for a Q4 release on Windows PC.

Screens from the Alpha-state build

Omerta - City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.

The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank, or attacking a rival gang's hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.

The turn-based combat in Omerta - City of Gangsters focuses on the tactical command of “The Boss” and his henchmen. Cover and stealth are essential parts of any shootout in the game. Finding the best vantage point to gun down an enemy, while taking cover from a hailstorm of ullets, can be just as satisfying as sneaking quietly behind a foe and taking him down.
  • Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
  • Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
  • Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
  • 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
  • An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
  • Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
  • 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
  • 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
06-03-2012 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BHunterSEAL Offline

RE: Guns, Money, Honor - Kalypso Unveils “Omerta – City of Gangters”
OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS AWESOME. FREAKING AWESOME.

Seriously, I've always wanted a strategy game based on a organized crime empire. I don't think there's ever really been a game like this, not that I was ever able to find. So pumped.

Looks like it's built on the T4 engine, which is nice because it's stable, highly scaleable, pretty, and able to handle a lot going on very well.

Jesus, Kalypso. I mean, I already loved you guys for publishing modern re-imaginations of my favorite games from ten years ago. You guys are my favorite video game company Smile

...It also just occurred to me that there's massive, amazing, exciting crossover potential with Tropico. Remember how part of Godfather Part II takes place in Cuba? Using the mafia to corrupt El Presidente's government into creating a haven for organized crime 90 miles from U.S. soil could be awesome. Please tell me someone thought of this!
06-03-2012 06:06 PM
PinkFrog Offline

Who is the developer? Is it Haemimont Games?
06-03-2012 07:27 PM
assen Offline
Haemimont Games

Yes, it's us.
06-03-2012 07:39 PM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

Definatly looks to be an interesting title I do wonder if we can aquirings goods like cars, and tommy guns will be part of the game play. How about robbing armored cars, and then stealing it to use in another raid! Bullets just bouncing off it while i ram into a rival bosses warehouse to make off with his cash box from the last nights fight. Good thing there was a getaway car stashed out back, so i could make time before the heat arrives,.

Really love the outside the box thinking. I just hope the option for a female don is in the game. Sure girls are not the most well known gansters, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.. Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 11:56 PM by Tropi'je.)
07-03-2012 07:55 AM
Enky Offline

Just wanted to say that the way I can't see large pictures linked here, without being logged in the forum is just stupid.
Everywhere on Internet they are perfectly visible, but not in the game publisher's forum...
09-03-2012 10:50 AM
Nic1478 Offline

Are there going to be realistc weapon prices and weapons of that era used? How about ammo? Once a weapon is bought can I buy ammo by the box or will I have to buy ammo by buying the gun again? It seems that people that puts these games together do such a great job on clothes, cars, and city lay outs. But guns are different. They never put thought that there was different caliber revovlers used and such. I'm a cop with 7 years experience and have a lot of knowledge about firearms history if you want a helping hand or suggestions.
16-05-2012 12:04 AM
HowPow Offline

(06-03-2012 06:06 PM)BHunterSEAL Wrote:  Looks like it's built on the T4 engine, which is nice because it's stable, highly scaleable, pretty, and able to handle a lot going on very well.
And it is not going to have modding support, like changing character models, buildings, graphics in general?
(Waiting for a mod to appear and say no. Please say no ;-) )

(06-03-2012 06:06 PM)BHunterSEAL Wrote:  It also just occurred to me that there's massive, amazing, exciting crossover potential with Tropico. Please tell me someone thought of this!
I want my Don to smoke Tropicana Cigars and wear his El Presidente hat ;-)

Kalypso, if we have T3 (me) or T4 (most others) already registered on our Kalypso Launchers account, will we get some loyalty goodies? Or will there be Tropico related eastereggs? :-P

(16-05-2012 12:04 AM)Nic1478 Wrote:  Are there going to be realistc weapon prices and weapons of that era used? How about ammo? Once a weapon is bought can I buy ammo by the box or will I have to buy ammo by buying the gun again? It seems that people that puts these games together do such a great job on clothes, cars, and city lay outs. But guns are different. They never put thought that there was different caliber revovlers used and such.

I guess there is going to be a focus on fights, so I guess they will put some effort into this. They might also release DLCs or expansion packs later on like they did with T4.
21-05-2012 09:41 PM
Malaras Offline

Why would you not want mod support? i Think all games should have it now days. Adds allot of replay ability.

Love these type of games huge fan of Gangsters 1 & 2. But going to wait for more info and reviews and such. Games are getting worse and worse it seems, no quality anymore.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 11:43 PM by Malaras.)
24-05-2012 11:41 PM
Anguille Offline

(06-03-2012 07:39 PM)assen Wrote:  Yes, it's us.

Oh...hadn't noticed this....nice Smile

Haemimont Games

Haemimont on Facebook
31-05-2012 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication