I finished the game...my thoughts (plus bug reports)
I just finished the game after playing it for over a month,and i like it alot...as a veteran JA player it's hard to decide which one is better,the old one or the new one!
I miss the option to throw items...it was for example so nice to toss some ammo to another merc in need!
I miss using vehicles,that was cool.
Love the new graphics/engine/planning though!
-
Anyway, i have found a few flaws that require attention.

There's a few item descriptions, that should point to a certain location. Mostly keys.
However, the intended locations are missing from the sentences.

The descriptions look like this:

Skyrider gave you a key for an emergency supply depot located in the mountains south of .
This key may open the garage doors of the military depot in .
This key will open the front door the the general's mansion in .
-
The Elliot bug, it has been reported on this forum earlier. He should drop a key when he dies but he doesn't. I think i found it in Balime later,but i'm not sure about that.
-
Graphical bugs... updating to a version higher than 1.03 makes the game virtually unplayable. All sort building parts and mountain parts start to flicker in green... Sometimes militia characters flicker along and suddenly look like cartoon-like mobsters.
As long as these flickering parts are kept out of the field of view,the game will run smooth. But at some point, you have to get in... and framerate drops down drastically. (i have a gtx260)
-
Squad management... When removing mercs from a squad and/or making a new squad, sometimes mysterious things happen. Some squad letters don't point to a squad any longer.
-
Squad movement on world map... Sometimes squads will stop moving,for no apparent reason.

That's about it,i hope this will help to make the game even better!
(14-03-2012, 10:19 PM)IMweasel Wrote: Graphical bugs... updating to a version higher than 1.03 makes the game virtually unplayable. All sort building parts and mountain parts start to flicker in green... Sometimes militia characters flicker along and suddenly look like cartoon-like mobsters. As long as these flickering parts are kept out of the field of view,the game will run smooth. But at some point, you have to get in... and framerate drops down drastically. (i have a gtx260)

Try reducing framerate to 60. Worked for me.

I had that set from the beginning,that doesn't do the trick. Did find out that the higher all settings,the less flickering occurs...but still,unplayable.