Tropico 4 - Modern Times - Bug Reports Thread (Version x.xx only!)
Melbourne Offline

Please use this thread to report gameplay and technical bugs (version x.xx only!)

Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich t├Ątig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
29-03-2012 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jma14 Offline

RE: Tropico 4 - Modern Times - Bug Reports Thread (Version x.xx only!)
Played Modern Times successfully once (this morning) and exited, but now when I go back in to continue my game, I'm not able to access my most recently saved game or new content: "This game requires a DLC you don't currently have."

It seems I can't access any of the Junta DLC saved games either. I installed that DLC several weeks ago and it worked fine up until this afternoon.
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 08:32 PM by jma14.)
29-03-2012 06:53 PM
Tomixcomics Offline

Please help! I started playing the campaign, and when I reached May 1987 in the first campaign mission, the game FROZE! Now, I don't mean froze in the sense that the program doesn't respond, I just mean that time seems to have stopped, nothing happens or moves, and I can't open any menus, but music keeps playing, and strangely - I can still move the camera around my island!
I tried reloading through autosave, and the same thing happens each time I reach april/may 1987! I can't keep playing and I really want to! Please help!
29-03-2012 07:18 PM
sk4tzmen Offline

When opening options menu i can select things, but i cant click save our w/e so cant go back to menu also some text is trough eachther
29-03-2012 08:53 PM
Sneaky Offline

(29-03-2012 07:18 PM)Tomixcomics Wrote:  Please help! I started playing the campaign, and when I reached May 1987 in the first campaign mission, the game FROZE! Now, I don't mean froze in the sense that the program doesn't respond, I just mean that time seems to have stopped, nothing happens or moves, and I can't open any menus, but music keeps playing, and strangely - I can still move the camera around my island!
I tried reloading through autosave, and the same thing happens each time I reach april/may 1987! I can't keep playing and I really want to! Please help!

I've had this a few times too. I get it locking up. Kill the game and reload an autosave, and then at about the same point I get it locking up again. I think that manually doing a save delayed the lock up happening, but it still happened eventually. Very frustrating.

Win 7 SP1 x64
Intel Core i7 2.8GHz
8Gb RAM
ATI Radeon 6950 1GB

I got Tropico through Steam.
29-03-2012 11:13 PM
sim2er Offline

(29-03-2012 06:53 PM)jma14 Wrote:  Played Modern Times successfully once (this morning) and exited, but now when I go back in to continue my game, I'm not able to access my most recently saved game or new content: "This game requires a DLC you don't currently have."

It seems I can't access any of the Junta DLC saved games either. I installed that DLC several weeks ago and it worked fine up until this afternoon.

I upon installing Modern Times all my previous saves were marked with the same message. i haven't tried making a new game and saving. I have all the DLCs available.

i also have this issue:
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid122842
30-03-2012 01:48 AM
Emir Offline

I like to report a bug, I can't find Tropical Dl on Amazon anywhere

Trying to break free from STEAM!
El Diablo will be angry
30-03-2012 01:59 AM
Cirno Offline
The Strongest

My secret agents have the portrait for miners. Tongue

http://i.imgur.com/Lu8py.jpg
30-03-2012 03:03 AM
Emir Offline

Your impress with that arn't you? Tongue
30-03-2012 03:29 AM
vince0018 Offline

On the first campaign mission, I received a side-quest to get the religious factions satisfaction to 60, to receive a +15 satisfaction bonus.

However I've gotten it to 100, but on the quest display on the bottom right the highest it will go is 54/60. I have tried all the religious improving edicts; contraception band, invite the pope, etc. But on the quest requirements it won't raise past 54.

If my religious faction satisfaction starts dropping below 100, the number for the quest drops, I got it down to 48. It doesn't seem completable. And I don't think you can cancel quests once they've been accepted.

Edit:
Oops. I just realized I made a mistake.
I thought I was supposed to raise the religious faction standing. I'm actually supposed to raise the overall religious happiness, which is displayed under the people tab.

Sorry. I was honestly trying to figure this out for the longest time before reporting it as a bug. Just now I figured it out.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 03:59 AM by vince0018.)
30-03-2012 03:51 AM
jjkk1306 Offline

RE: Tropico 4 - Modern Times - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.05 only!)
Achievements system has bugs.
When I achieved palace upgrade achievement mission 1, but in mission 2, I've got message again.
So, I checked the main achievement but there was no achieved one.(Ex: Capo Di Tutti Capi, Going Green)

Also, When I play New Sparta(in hunta DLC), they must not be adapted Modern times, but Religious faction asked Ban social community.
Sometimes, It looks non-modern times campaign also have modern times request.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 05:08 PM by jjkk1306.)
30-03-2012 04:51 AM
Tomixcomics Offline

Emir - if your problem is steam, hy not get it through gamersgate?
30-03-2012 05:30 AM
lelouch Offline

Posted same issue in 1.05 thread by accident and couldn't delete the post for some reason. Ill just post it here as well.

"Organic Ranch" description in Modern Times expansion seems to be incorrect. It states that there are "work modes" but you can't change anything and it is not clear what type of meat it actually produces.
30-03-2012 10:06 AM
bob jones Offline

(30-03-2012 01:48 AM)sim2er Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 06:53 PM)jma14 Wrote:  Played Modern Times successfully once (this morning) and exited, but now when I go back in to continue my game, I'm not able to access my most recently saved game or new content: "This game requires a DLC you don't currently have."

I upon installing Modern Times all my previous saves were marked with the same message. i haven't tried making a new game and saving. I have all the DLCs available.

i also have this issue:
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid122842

I have had the issue of the first quote and second combined. I had the 3 other DLC installed, then installed Modern Times. Everything worked fine with DLC buildings, missions, traits and etc when I played the first time, but my old saves were invalid with "Save game requires a DLC you don't currently have".

Now though, after reloading the game I have no access to the first 3 DLC at all, none of the buildings, traits etc show up.
30-03-2012 03:39 PM
Sneaky Offline

[Image: TTvPQ.jpg]

Still hanging regularly. In fact, my current save game will always hang after about 2 or 3 seconds Sad
30-03-2012 04:30 PM
hugorune Offline

Fish farms never display anything for wages and upkeep in the info panel. They do have workers in them, so I would assume it's a display bug only, although I'm not sure.
30-03-2012 05:10 PM
urahara Offline

In the mission creator, you can not add buildings from the main game, just the expansion. You also can not destroy the current buildings (didnt try the mission creator before Modern Times so not sure if that was possible then)
30-03-2012 07:42 PM
UsF Offline

I think the Sanatorium is unaffected by the chemical plant upgrade of medicine production. It should be affected by that as well.

Also all my progress, achievements and options were reset. The options were reset 3 times so far.
31-03-2012 12:05 AM
Feeblezak Offline
Comrade General

Paved ground is not kept when a tenement is deleted, now it reverts to dirt. Quite bad bug, i used the tenements to create squares, can't do it now. please fix.

Political Views

Communism (+++)
Militarism (+++)
Intellectual (++)
Loyalists (++)
Enviromentalists (+)
Capitalists (---)
Religious (---)
Nationalists (--)
31-03-2012 12:19 AM
SapphireBullets Offline

Playing in Mission 5, the "Truth Serum" meter isn't rising, regardless of the fact I have about 21 professors on the island to work on it.

Can't win the Mission without it unfortunately.
31-03-2012 12:41 AM
ivory_malinov Offline

My secret police are also shown as being miners. This is annoying but not game breaking.

I've completed 6 campaign scenarios now and achieved the "going green" achievement in each of them. A few other achievements are repeating themselves too. Seems the achievements are not sticking.
31-03-2012 09:43 AM
mumu Offline

(Steam version of Modern Times)
The new in-game achievements are not published as the Steam Achievements.
31-03-2012 06:10 PM
lelouch Offline

"Issue Tax Cut" mission doesn't complete not matter how many times you issue the edict.

During mission 11 there is a countdown to build "Space Program" which is actually locked until 1990 so it might be impossible to do it in time, unless you waited for several years before completing previous missions.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 08:25 PM by lelouch.)
31-03-2012 08:21 PM
CPT Destroyer Offline

Hello. Recently in a sandbox game I tried to build a Space Program and do the little side quest associated with it. All was well until I got to the part where I had to have 20 professors on my island. At that point in my game, I had well over 20 professors, yet the ticker was stuck at 0. At that point, I thought maybe the game wanted me to hire 20 new professors, so I built a bunch of new colleges and they all filled up with new professors, yet the ticker was stuck at 0. The ticker stood at 0 for the entirety of my game and I was never able to complete that quest.

If it matters, I bought the game directly from the Kalypso launcher. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5-2500 3.30 GHz Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6800
8GB DDR3 RAM
01-04-2012 06:19 AM
cccp72 Offline

Companion M.T. 3. Police State edict does not disappears after addict it !

Companion M.T.4. Tax Cut edict does not disappears after addict it !

Companion M.T.4. Tour Office can't place point for tourist destination nowhere on the map!

In general/: Bio Farms behave strange!
You can't make a choice for specific vegetables !?
01-04-2012 06:50 AM
SapphireBullets Offline

(01-04-2012 06:50 AM)cccp72 Wrote:  In general/: Bio Farms behave strange!
You can't make a choice for specific vegetables !?
I think that's by design.

You can either grow Corn, the three other food crops together or the three cash crops together.

Not sure why it was done this way but okay.
01-04-2012 10:07 AM
Polycrates Offline

There's something awry with the SWAT team...nobody ever seems to join it unless you recruit from overseas. I get a few for my upgraded palace swat team (though never full) but none in the swat building itself.

Also, military education does not seem to ever actually convert anyone to the militarist faction
01-04-2012 10:55 AM
SapphireBullets Offline

Just playing around in Sandbox. Religious faction asked me to Ban Social Networks.

I did that but the mission didn't complete properly.
01-04-2012 11:43 AM
Hordriss Offline

I've noticed a few things which I assume are bugs:
1) Secret Agents showing as miners in their portraits
2) I built a 7-star hotel and the tourists staying there didn't go to any attractions. They stayed in the hotel until it was time to leave the island. I had luxury hotels prior to building it which worked normally (and continued to do so). I tried demolishing the other luxury hotels so the 7-star was my only one, and my tourist rating fell (boring, no attractions) as the tourists never left the hotel during their time on Tropico. This was on the Modern Times campaign mission 3.

Edit: 3) The organic ranch has no selectable work modes despite the 'about' text saying it does.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 02:08 PM by Hordriss.)
01-04-2012 02:06 PM
ShiaF Offline

1.) 2nd, 3rd or 4th mission (the one that starts with the clone mustashio guy who asks you to Print Money at the beginning)
At one point in the mission you are asked to issue Special Diplomas (it's only a sidequest) but even if you do issue this edict, the mission does not sign it as objective completed.
2.) Secondly, I cannot use any Swish Bank Account work mode, because it doesn't register the money?
http://i39.tinypic.com/feib07.jpg
See pic above.
3.) Supermarket clerks are sometimes stuck while exiting Supermarket and just walk on one spot.

I use Steam version of Tropico 4 MT
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 03:16 PM by ShiaF.)
01-04-2012 03:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication