Do police arrest criminals on their own?
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

Do police arrest criminals on their own?
I never really thought about this until my current sandbox game (1.05)

I built a police station to help crime safety, and then a prison. I also noticed that I had 10 criminals on the island, but over the course of about 5 years, not a single criminal was arrested.

If a police station is only good for crime safety, then what's the point of a prison?

So if that's the way it's supposed to work, my suggestion for a later update is to allow police to arrest criminals on their own without having El Presidente to initiate it and pay $1,000 to have someone arrested.

On an unrelated issue:

I have a high school that hasn't had any students for 5 -10 year even though, there is a substantial child population (thanks contraception ban! Smile ), some of which should have moved on to the high school by this time.

Any ideas why the HS is empty?
31-03-2012 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SapphireBullets Offline

RE: Do police arrest criminals on their own?
Police do seem to arrest people autonomously, but it only seems to happen occasionally. Probably when a policeman encounters a crime in progress.
Also I think they need a prison or dungeon to put arrestees in, though Crime Safety seems to improve either way.

For high Schools, I think the pupils only show up in the visitor list when they're there to learn. I'm not sure how it works in terms of teaching towards graduation. If you want more graduates, consider improving intelligence with the Elementary school on "Spelling Bees" mode. (There's an Academy of Science mode which allows dumber people to graduate too.)
31-03-2012 04:21 PM
hert Offline

(31-03-2012 04:21 PM)SapphireBullets Wrote:  Police do seem to arrest people autonomously, but it only seems to happen occasionally. Probably when a policeman encounters a crime in progress.
Also I think they need a prison or dungeon to put arrestees in, though Crime Safety seems to improve either way.

For high Schools, I think the pupils only show up in the visitor list when they're there to learn. I'm not sure how it works in terms of teaching towards graduation. If you want more graduates, consider improving intelligence with the Elementary school on "Spelling Bees" mode. (There's an Academy of Science mode which allows dumber people to graduate too.)

A highschool can be empty if all the highschool jobs are filled on the island, same with colleges.
31-03-2012 05:22 PM
jtracy Offline

The new SWAT HQ building allows you to set it to have SWAT automatically seek out and execute criminals.

TropicoChallenges.com (Tropico news, tips, challenges, and tutorials)

Overview of new stuff in Tropico 4: Modern Times
31-03-2012 08:18 PM
rizt Offline

(31-03-2012 08:18 PM)jtracy Wrote:  The new SWAT HQ building allows you to set it to have SWAT automatically seek out and execute criminals.
Question: is that policy popular or unpopular, and how many rebels does it generate?
01-04-2012 05:01 AM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

It depends on police skill, and of course police have to be in the area of criminal activity.. So you need good police coverage and skilled officers for it to work..

As for swat making rebels, It would all have to do with how happy the islanders are when they see them get gunned down. If your doing your job well, they shouldn't flinch and just go back to their daily business.
02-04-2012 01:11 AM
jtracy Offline

I have not seen any unsettling results of using SWAT to take care of criminals. In fact, it did improve Crime Safety. Smile Funny... I didn't have a lot of criminals after implementing it, either. Smile Do keep in mind, though, that you have to have $25,000 in your Swiss Bank Account in order to be able to issue the command.

TropicoChallenges.com (Tropico news, tips, challenges, and tutorials)

Overview of new stuff in Tropico 4: Modern Times
03-04-2012 05:33 AM
ZalmanK Offline

Police will arrest Criminals if you have a Dungeon or Prison, but it doesn't happen very often for me. I typically don't build a prison and just have my Secret Police eliminate any citizens that become Criminals whenever they pop up.
03-04-2012 08:08 AM
ezwip Offline

Try playing as a vigilante and you should see some arrests.
03-04-2012 03:55 PM
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

Thanks everyone.

From a game mechanics perspective, does a low crime safety rating "create" more criminals, or does someone becoming a criminal lower the crime safety rating?
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 04:30 PM by beancounter.)
03-04-2012 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication