New organic ranch won't let you complete objectives
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

New organic ranch won't let you complete objectives
I just finished mission one. I was tasked with building a an organic ranch, so I did but there was no option for what type of ranch (cattle/lama/sheep)

I didn't think much of it until one of the foreign representatives asked for 500 units of beef.

Since I couldn't choose the type of meat, I couldn't accept the objective.

Am I overlooking something?

If not, this needs to be fixed. Either allow the player to choose the type of animal to raise in the organic ranch, or change the objective to something generic like "500 units of meat"

..and bring back the "smoked beef" option too.
15-04-2012 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AgentOrange330 Offline

RE: New organic ranch won't let you complete objectives
The Organic Ranches produce ALL types of livestock. That means they produce Llama wool, Goat Chees, Beef AND Smoked Beef. You don't get the option to choose which one because it produces ALL of them. If you look closely after you build one you'll see they have pens that have goats, llamas and cattle in them. Once you build one regardless of what is asked for in challenges you'll fulfill the challenge.
15-04-2012 05:53 PM
ezwip Offline

Just build some normal ranches earlier in the game. Not much of a fix but at least a work around.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 07:01 PM by ezwip.)
15-04-2012 07:00 PM
astondb9 Offline

Its the same with bio-farms... I really don't see the point. You choose a mode, ie. tobacco and then it automatically switches to 'Cash Crops' and grows all 3 (coffee, tobacco, sugar) which all have different needs so only one or two actually grows.. seems like wasted space to me.
15-04-2012 11:25 PM
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

Thanks guys!
16-04-2012 12:43 PM
AgentOrange330 Offline

(15-04-2012 11:25 PM)astondb9 Wrote:  Its the same with bio-farms... I really don't see the point. You choose a mode, ie. tobacco and then it automatically switches to 'Cash Crops' and grows all 3 (coffee, tobacco, sugar) which all have different needs so only one or two actually grows.. seems like wasted space to me.

I'm going to kindly disagree. I love the new Bio Farms and Organic Ranches. You can do some much more with less people that it really opens up being able to use industry. I like to make 4 bio farms, 2 on cash crops, 2 on food crops. Those alone will easily supply a cannery (maybe even 2) a cigar factory and a rum distillery all at once while still supplying Tropicans with food. I love the organic ranches because then when I get trade missions the organic ranches will take care of them. Plus the amount of output both of them put out is great...
17-04-2012 03:40 AM
vmp0514 Offline

(15-04-2012 04:00 PM)beancounter Wrote:  I just finished mission one. I was tasked with building a an organic ranch, so I did but there was no option for what type of ranch (cattle/lama/sheep)

I didn't think much of it until one of the foreign representatives asked for 500 units of beef.

Since I couldn't choose the type of meat, I couldn't accept the objective.

Am I overlooking something?

If not, this needs to be fixed. Either allow the player to choose the type of animal to raise in the organic ranch, or change the objective to something generic like "500 units of meat"

..and bring back the "smoked beef" option too.

Organic ranches build all three resources. I had the same concern too at first during mission 3. You're instructed to build 4 ranches in Llama mode but if you wait a while your build menu will update to organic ranches. They still count toward the 4 however. Screens below in my walkthru proving this to be the case...thanks!

http://vincentpaone.wordpress.com/2012/0...-part-one/
17-04-2012 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lynnk Offline

For some reason I have never been able to complete the 'Export Beef/Smoked Beef' tasks once I have built the organic ranches [even when the task has been active for over 20 game years...] whereas I have never had a problem with the old-style ranches.... :/
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 04:25 PM by lynnk.)
17-04-2012 04:25 PM
beancounter Offline
Geezer Gamer

(17-04-2012 04:25 PM)lynnk Wrote:  For some reason I have never been able to complete the 'Export Beef/Smoked Beef' tasks once I have built the organic ranches [even when the task has been active for over 20 game years...] whereas I have never had a problem with the old-style ranches.... :/

You should report this in the bug thread!
17-04-2012 09:03 PM
SapphireBullets Offline

For the Beef missions, it's probably the case that since you're producing Smoked Beef and not regular Beef, so you can't complete them and should try to avoid accepting the mission.
(Not sure why the "Beef" requirement isn't fulfilled by Smoked Beef, since the system can clearly handle Fine Jewels for the Export Jewellery missions.)

As to not being able to meet mission requirements, remember that your citizens will be eating some of your beef on account of it being a food item. You might need to simply build more Ranches to exceed the Tropican demand.
18-04-2012 01:08 AM
AgentOrange330 Offline

(18-04-2012 01:08 AM)SapphireBullets Wrote:  For the Beef missions, it's probably the case that since you're producing Smoked Beef and not regular Beef, so you can't complete them and should try to avoid accepting the mission.
(Not sure why the "Beef" requirement isn't fulfilled by Smoked Beef, since the system can clearly handle Fine Jewels for the Export Jewellery missions.)

As to not being able to meet mission requirements, remember that your citizens will be eating some of your beef on account of it being a food item. You might need to simply build more Ranches to exceed the Tropican demand.

I bet that has something to do with it. While the new bio farms and organic ranches produce like crazy it might just be that the Tropicans are taking the beef for food before it gets to the docks or the teamsters could be taking it to a maketplace instead. Try building more than one organic ranch and see if that helps. Ever since I got the Modern Times dlc I haven't had a single trade mission come up that I couldn't complete.
19-04-2012 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication