Kalypso Media to announce Tropico 3 for the Xbox 360!
Walt Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

Worms / Bracknell, 23rd June 2009

Kalypso Media have today announced the release of Tropico 3 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

In what was previously a PC exclusive title this release will see Kalypso Media enter the next- generation console market where they will be concentrating exclusively on Microsoft platforms.

Stefan Marcinek, Global Managing Director Kalypso Media Group said “The Tropico 3 release on the Xbox 360 is a first for Kalypso and marks the beginning of an exciting entry into the console market. Throughout 2010 Kalypso Media have plans to release four titles in tandem on both the Xbox 360 and PC. Through this we will be able to demonstrate our strong PC Line up with new multiplatform games and this gives us some great opportunities for the year ahead.”

The Xbox 360 release of Tropico 3 will be developed by Haemimont Games in Bulgaria who are also responsible for the development of the PC version for Kalypso Media.

Tropico 3 will be released on Xbox 360 and PC this September. For more information please visit the game website http://www.tropico3.com

Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2009 12:32 PM by Walt.)
23-06-2009 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ardanwen Offline
Grow more food quickly!

RE: Kalypso Media to announce Tropico 3 for the Xbox 360!
I never really understood why people would want to play games like Tropico on a console.

I very much hope that this doesn't mean the PC version is dumbed down because of this...

Is looking forward to donning the El Presidente title again.
23-06-2009 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
assen Offline
Haemimont Games

Nothing on the PC will be changed because of the Xbox 360 version; the core gameplay simulation will be exactly the same.
We're just doing a separate user interface for the Xbox 360.
23-06-2009 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lou Bega's Hat Offline

Congrats to Kalypso and Haemimont Games, big undertaking. Good luck!
23-06-2009 05:03 PM
YEAAEth Offline

naaaaaaaaaa i don't think it will be as good, better not affect PC version Tongue
23-06-2009 05:45 PM
Reiks Offline

I agree with ardanwen, agreeing behind the logic of why would people play it in a console. On a 360 to top it off.

I have a 360 because of Fable 2 (yeah, that's the only game I have for my 360 lol ) and every time they release a 360/PC game I always choose the PC one
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2009 07:15 AM by Reiks.)
24-06-2009 07:14 AM
Razael Offline

Let's all wish to Kalypso and Haemmimont Top Salse for the Box version Wink ant the PC also
24-06-2009 05:01 PM
Shamrock Offline

I think this game will lend perfectly to the 360. This is a strategy game that can work well with a controller. I've played many the RTS on the 360 and a lot of them don't feel right. Since this game isn't really a RTS and more of a city builder/strategy game it should work perfect.

Plus there really is no games like it on 360. No Sim City or Tycoon type games to speak of.
27-06-2009 03:27 PM
Shamrock Offline

Ardanwen Wrote:I never really understood why people would want to play games like Tropico on a console.

I very much hope that this doesn't mean the PC version is dumbed down because of this...

Perhaps I can answer this since I'm mainly a console gamer with a decent gaming PC. Firstly Consoles are a little more main stream for a lot of people. Some don't have very good PC's and others are not into buying new graphic cards, updating drivers, searching for patches for games, etc...

Sometimes it's just nice to buy a 200-300 dollar console and not have to worry about anything for 5+ years, patches are auto downloaded when avaliable, there is no having to upgrade hardware and a lot of people prefer to play on 42' + HDTV's on their couch as opposed to a Monitor.

Also keep in mind on 360 (Live has been out for years) and a lot of people have gaming friends on their 360 friendlist for years. With chat in all games standard (even single player games you can talk to friends) a lot of people will pass up PC versions of games for the simple fact they can play/talk to their buddies on 360 (even if the console version is not up to par with PC).

Lastly some people just don't like keyboard and mouse. For instance I like the precision of a mouse, but hate movement with a keyboard (really, really hate it). So I prefer to play FPS on consoles because of the controller. Controller is not as precise, however when everyone playing is on the same level (everyone using a controller) it's not bad at all. Now if it were Controller vs people using Keyboard and Mouse then that would really be bad.

Now me personally I will probably buy the 360 version (although I would buy the PC version if it launched first). Why? Because I would prefer playing with buddies, if it's single player only then I know I would have friends buying the game and I would prefer playing on 360 while voice chatting with buddies who are also playing tropico.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2009 03:40 PM by Shamrock.)
27-06-2009 03:34 PM
BeSD Offline

There seems to be some very good RTS-releases for console, with easy gameplay.
But I can't see me playing a RTS on a console, I would miss all my shortcut-keys.
27-06-2009 05:28 PM
Ardanwen Offline
Grow more food quickly!

Shamrock Wrote:*cut*

Yes, I know. For people who like playing on consoles, they're -a lot- cheaper than PC's. It's not that I don't understand people play consoles, it's that I don't really get how you could decently play a game like Tropico on one Tongue

I'm still old school "Consoles are for action and sport-games, PC's are for FPS and RTS games" I guess Smile

Is looking forward to donning the El Presidente title again.
28-06-2009 10:04 AM
Reiks Offline

Shamrock Wrote:Sometimes it's just nice to buy a 200-300 dollar console and not have to worry about anything for 5+ years, patches are auto downloaded when avaliable, there is no having to upgrade hardware and a lot of people prefer to play on 42' + HDTV's on their couch as opposed to a Monitor.

Also keep in mind on 360 (Live has been out for years) and a lot of people have gaming friends on their 360 friendlist for years. With chat in all games standard (even single player games you can talk to friends) a lot of people will pass up PC versions of games for the simple fact they can play/talk to their buddies on 360 (even if the console version is not up to par with PC).

Lastly some people just don't like keyboard and mouse. For instance I like the precision of a mouse, but hate movement with a keyboard (really, really hate it). So I prefer to play FPS on consoles because of the controller. Controller is not as precise, however when everyone playing is on the same level (everyone using a controller) it's not bad at all. Now if it were Controller vs people using Keyboard and Mouse then that would really be bad.

That or I can use my 360 controller in my PC. I also don't like moving around the world with my keyboard that's why I have my 360 controller plugged to my PC when I'm playing games that seriously needs a controller (for example, games that were only ported to the PC but was not really made for it).

I get nauseous when playing in a huge TV (damn that entertainment system my dad has Tongue).

For the chatty-part of the games I have a headset that I use to talk with my buddies hands-free.

and as BeSD said, you do have the benefit of mapping your keys while playing in the PC (using a keyboard that is).

in the long run you'll save a lot of money to have one piece of equipment that can do a lot of things than to play games (that is if you plan it right Tongue)
29-06-2009 10:44 AM
mikeyloko Offline

I excited to get this game alot i actually just started playing tropico i never knew about it and now its my favorite game. Im a super duper studier of latin american politics and war and this game is awesome. So i will buy the next for xbox 360, but i am a bit iffy that it will be good. Cause usually games like this are not made for systems. But I pray to god it will be good!!!!! VIVA TROPICO!!!! VIVA FIDEL!!!! VIVA EL CHE!!!!!!! VIVA COMANDANTE MARCOS!!!!!
01-07-2009 11:49 PM
MrHuge Offline

Shamrock Wrote:I think this game will lend perfectly to the 360. This is a strategy game that can work well with a controller. I've played many the RTS on the 360 and a lot of them don't feel right. Since this game isn't really a RTS and more of a city builder/strategy game it should work perfect.

Plus there really is no games like it on 360. No Sim City or Tycoon type games to speak of.

What about Civilization Revolution?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009 03:42 AM by MrHuge.)
09-07-2009 03:41 AM
Major Major Offline

Thinking of, will the 360 version have Achievements?
11-07-2009 07:31 PM
assen Offline
Haemimont Games

All Xbox 360 games are required by Microsoft to have achievements and Tropico 3 will be no exception.
11-07-2009 08:31 PM
Bladex1200 Offline
Viva El Presidente!

Why is it people pick consoles to release RTS games alongside PC? If an RTS or simulation game was released on console only, then it would be a big hit. However, if the RTS or simulation game is released BOTH on PC and console, then PC tends to outsell. Why? Ask yourself why you buy a console. Is it to play RTS or simulation? No, of course not. Consoles provide perfect manuverability and control, however, for FPS and RPG. RTS and simulation games tend to have bad controls on consoles because console controls are so limited. Hotkeys? Don't count on it. Precise building control? Probably, but you would need very sensetive controllers on XBox 360 to be able to position buildings EXACTLY the way you want. RTS and simulation games can work on console, but I wouldn't count on them being a hit.
12-07-2009 01:13 AM
Taffy Offline

Bladex1200 Wrote:Why is it people pick consoles to release RTS games alongside PC? If an RTS or simulation game was released on console only, then it would be a big hit. However, if the RTS or simulation game is released BOTH on PC and console, then PC tends to outsell. Why? Ask yourself why you buy a console. Is it to play RTS or simulation? No, of course not. Consoles provide perfect manuverability and control, however, for FPS and RPG. RTS and simulation games tend to have bad controls on consoles because console controls are so limited. Hotkeys? Don't count on it. Precise building control? Probably, but you would need very sensetive controllers on XBox 360 to be able to position buildings EXACTLY the way you want. RTS and simulation games can work on console, but I wouldn't count on them being a hit.

I've heard many people say the FPS games are better on console but personally I cannot see where they are coming from....I think it is much easier to play an FPS shooter game with a mouse.
12-07-2009 02:11 AM
Bladex1200 Offline
Viva El Presidente!

I've found FPS to be easier with a console controller (I've tried on PC). Mostly because a mouse is TOO sensitive. When I'm sniping, for example, a mouse moves so easily that if anyone bumps me while I'm aiming my aim gets screwed up. With a controller, the controls are in the middle. Sensetive enough for a FPS or RPG fighting, but not sensetive enough for RTS or simulation keys. Strange... Still, consoles are best left to FPS and RPG. I won't complain though, if Tropico 3 can pull off a good console control scheme (which I have yet to see in any of the latest releases of RTS or simulation for XBox 360)
12-07-2009 03:35 AM
xbox2201 Offline
Improving tropico with 1 tree at a time

For the FPS discussion its all about personal taste. I use pc but I have a 360 as well.

You just learn to handle one better then the other there is no real better one.

^
I actually disagree with that one but lol if I say anything it will start an argument so yea... ^_^ - My opinion.

its all about your personal opinion
12-07-2009 05:46 AM
Che Offline

I'd prefer to play this on the computer, but I doubt my shitty PC could run it. I can't wait to play this on 360, this made my day!
13-07-2009 04:49 AM
Yorath Offline

I'll also be buying this game on 360 and I hadn't even heard about it until an hour or so ago Smile

I saw a trailer online and thought it looked fantastic. I found this site to confirm it was actually coming out on 360. All product listings online have it as PC only.

Does anyone know an estimated release date for 360 in Europe?
17-08-2009 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication