Kalypso Announces New 3rd-Person Multi-platform Game: DARK
Melbourne Offline

Kalypso Announces New 3rd-Person Multi-platform Game: DARK
DARK Comes Out of the Shadows - Kalypso Announces New Third-Person Multi-platform Game

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1337]

Bracknell, UK, 10th May, 2012

Media is pleased to unveil DARK, an exciting third-person stealth-action game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and for Windows PC. DARK -- developed by RealmForge, creators of the award-winning Dungeons -- puts players in the role of a vampire out to discover the secrets of the mysterious global GeoForge Corporation.

By making the most of powerful vampire skills, stealth and lethal combat abilities, players will engage and destroy their enemies, while moving silently through a stylized futuristic cityscape. The treacherous techno universe of DARK is rendered in gorgeous cel-shaded graphics with gameplay that tests the players’ ability to master both stealth and combat. DARK is slated for a global release in early 2013.

DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk you enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time.

As you unravel the mystery behind the global conglomerate that seems omnipresent and all-powerful, continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or make quick process of those unfortunate to take too keen an interest in you.

Features of DARK:
  • Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
  • Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
  • Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
  • Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
  • RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 03:39 PM by Walt.)
10-05-2012 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Walt Offline
Kalypso Media
Administrators

RE: Kalypso Announces New 3rd-Person Multi-platform Game: DARK
Additional information: DARK will be released for PC and Xbox 360.

Kalypso Media
Follow Kalypso Germany on Twitter and Facebook.
Kalypso Support: support@kalypsomedia.com
24-05-2012 03:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Darkness98 Offline

Look pretty awesome! I might get this game.
29-05-2012 11:57 PM
Vasot Offline
Spartan

Cell-Shaded graphics ??
They are a bit cartoony i would prefer more realistic graphics personally...
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 02:58 PM by Vasot.)
12-07-2012 02:57 PM
vicklemos Offline

(12-07-2012 02:57 PM)Vasot Wrote:  Cell-Shaded graphics ??
They are a bit cartoony i would prefer more realistic graphics personally...

I really enjoy cel shading... Smile
But is it a 3rd or 1st person shooter? The video doesn't clarify that, at least to me Tongue
06-08-2012 06:00 PM
imi Offline
Realmforge Studios

Its 3rd Person - "over the shoulder". But its not a shooter.

[Image: ds18.jpg]
07-08-2012 09:04 AM
vicklemos Offline

(07-08-2012 09:04 AM)imi Wrote:  Its 3rd Person - "over the shoulder". But its not a shooter.

Humm.. so what is it? I really think it's cool not to be a shooter, not my type of game.
But then again I saw the video and yep, it has a lot of fps elements, but also adventure and action ones. So, after all, it's like that 2004 xbox game "Breakdown" or a completely different thing?

Thanks!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakdown_(video_game)
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 06:16 PM by vicklemos.)
07-08-2012 06:05 PM
imi Offline
Realmforge Studios

You don't have a gun, so it definately disqualifies as "shooter" Wink.

The best description (like it says in the text above) is "stealth-action-game". You sneak around enemies trying to avoid them but are more than capable of killing them, if they are isolated.

[Image: ds18.jpg]
10-08-2012 09:10 AM
vicklemos Offline

(10-08-2012 09:10 AM)imi Wrote:  You don't have a gun, so it definately disqualifies as "shooter" Wink.

The best description (like it says in the text above) is "stealth-action-game". You sneak around enemies trying to avoid them but are more than capable of killing them, if they are isolated.

Ah thanks! Now that I'm deeply playing a lot of x360 and pc Kalypso games and found about DARK through my Youtube subscription.
I really like the cel-shaded atmosphere featured in these screens, but I can't really tell anything related to cel-shading in the trailer. So it's more like Darkness 2? Deep, dark cel-shading?
Thanks!
23-08-2012 01:12 PM
EricSB Offline

(07-08-2012 09:04 AM)imi Wrote:  Its 3rd Person - "over the shoulder". But its not a shooter.
Good to see you still around here imi!! Smile Been a while, hope all is well.

-E
30-08-2012 06:23 AM
plaun Offline

Watched gameplay video! Waiting for release of the game!
04-02-2013 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication