Finally... A Port Royale 3 Extractor :P
(23-05-2012, 12:11 PM)Cover Wrote: 1: resize trade screen, 10x2 items in all just need to half the height of each commodity bar thingy and voila..

You mean keeping the overall window the same size, but shrinking each item by half so they all fit? If so, that seems backwards, seeing how there's plenty of screen space to expand the window.
(23-05-2012, 02:42 PM)MarshMellow Wrote:
(23-05-2012, 01:02 PM)Daan Hugo Wrote: Regarding the misspelling of "succssful": I've searched the whole database... There is no word like "succssful", but "successful" is used about twenty times... Anyone finding the mistake again, please tell me the sentence (or a screenshot) and I'll fix it Wink

Most language is in global.res . It's in unicode though, I haven't specifically searched for that though.

Big Grin I guess I know where to find the language Wink ...but for correcting strings, I need to find the mistake. "succssful" (the quoted word with the mistake!) is not in our database. So, in order to find it, I need the 'correct mistake' Tongue

Best regards,
Daan
sorry but i didnt get a screencap of the succss, but ill take one next time, i know i've seen it 3-4 times always with a picture of my handsome pirate posing full frontal. so its related to a quest... lemme play a little more and ill get it again Smile

maybe you stored it in the picture, just guessing here..

dude: im playing on a laptop with mediocre resolution, and i dont see a way to resize the container, 2 columns side-by-side would look stupid and mess up the nice n clean gui look, so i vote for some way it can be in the current sized windows.
At the suggestion of Falko, I've copied the decompiled code for the trading dialog (dialog_trade.swf) into a pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/LRAAEE8W

I've been pawing around it, but I have very little SWF experience. Anyone else have more?
Sorry for my ENG Tongue
What means In front of String. in global.res ??
I'm already translated another LNG. in txt file.
How to reCompile global.res????
I was "successful" Daan, found that misspelling in global.res

s u c c s e s s f u l S h o w m o v i e
A s s i g n m e n t s u c c s e s s f u l

just lose the extra S and ill shut up hehehe

ohh and also
A t t a c k u n d p l u n d e r t h e i r t o w n s

selfexplanatory for a german i would believe..

HIYA: good luck on the translation, are you sure you are the right guy for the job??
(23-05-2012, 02:42 PM)MarshMellow Wrote: Is anyone interested in it?
[…]

You're kidding, don't you?! Cool
As sure as eggs …

In this sense

Smartcom
Quote:"Ich weiß nicht ob es besser wird, wenn es sich ändert. Aber ich weiß das es sich ändern muß, wenn es besser werden soll."
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg *1742, †1799, deutscher Schriftsteller
I NEED global.res EDITOR for L10N T_____T
(23-05-2012, 06:06 PM)TheDudeAbides Wrote: At the suggestion of Falko, I've copied the decompiled code for the trading dialog (dialog_trade.swf) into a pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/LRAAEE8W

I've been pawing around it, but I have very little SWF experience. Anyone else have more?

There are alot of width strings there, but I'm pretty sure it's not what we are looking for right ?
I'm also a noob at SWF :/.
the problem is not the code for SWF.

Change lines:
7375: minHeight = 720;
and
6921: towninfo.minHeight = 720;

This should get the window Bigger.

The real big problem is HOW to RECOMPILE the code back to SWF. And even then, making PR3 acept the new SWF. Because there is some Hashcode in there that can create some problems.
@Cover: Thx! Corrected and changes will apply with the next update Wink
did anyone try 1st4ck's lines ? there's no way to recompile SWF ?
not a swf adept here either, but maybe in dialog_trade.swf
NoHScaleFlag:1
NoVScaleFlag:1

if 1=yes then changing to 0(zero) might make the trade window scaleable?

also anyone found a good swf editor? sothink has some nice tools but not working for me Sad
sothink decompiler, sothink editor, sothink quicker tested
My idea is first find how to recompile the SWF.

because changing the code is very easy, and there is lots of ways to increase the window.

My problem for now remains on how to recompile the swf...

Sad
Have you guys tested if the decompiled SWF maybe works the same way like the unpacked FUK?
Removing the original SWF and having only the decompiled files?
This don't work like the unpacked FUK.

The FUK file work like a big WINZIP file, and the game just look for files inside the zip intead of the normal location.

The SWF file is a flash compiled file that only works when it is compiled.
did you try Sothink SWF Quicker 1st4ck?
according to the program specs its able to decompile, change and recompile SWF's
almost sure the checksum will not be the same after, but you will end up with a compiled swf..
(30-05-2012, 08:50 PM)Cover Wrote: did you try Sothink SWF Quicker 1st4ck?
according to the program specs its able to decompile, change and recompile SWF's
almost sure the checksum will not be the same after, but you will end up with a compiled swf..

It did a decent enough job when I was playing around with it vs the Skyrim swf files. I'm also pretty confident that PR3 does not checksum its data files prior to using them, give it the same name and it should be good to go.
I tryed the Sothink SWF Quicker.

I can't make it work. Sad

1st it don't recognize the Font used, so i change it for arial.
2nd it expose all .as (actionscript) files in some folder, but when i recompile it don't automaticly load the changes back to recompile.
3rd if i try to load them manually and recompile the prog crash and don't compile.

btw i know (C#, .NET, PHP, and some other web languages, but Flash i am a NOOB... Sad)
I tried editing pictures in dialog_xxxxx.swf's using sothink decompiler (not same) extracting pix, modified and saved in ui folder. (overwriting)
im getting no errors, but no changes to the pictures ingame, so unless game is not using UI/dialog_xxx.swf its accepting modified swf's.

had same problem with font in swf quicker as you 1st4ck missing font called benjamin.. never heard of it.
seems decompiler + editor is the way to go instead.

the quest continues.....

modified SWF's are accepted

proof (no I did not photoshop a screencap hehehe)

[Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/iw20yh.jpg]

[Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/34ht8iu.jpg]

The reason it wouldnt work the first time, is cuz i forgot to extract data0.fuk into game dir, and it holds a lot of backup files or whatever they are there for.
so extract data.fuk, then extract data0.fuk and overwrite to gamedir and it works. (dont forget to remove/rename the fuk files)
@villageidiot

can you do anything about C:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Port Royale 3\ui\locale\enus\global.res
if the file changes 1 bit the game is garbeled, thinking it might be scrambled/packed

need to edit text for custom missions, finding the triggers will be fun...
Hi @Cover,

Changing the image is easy, you can do it inside the Sothink Decompiler and then Save in SWF.

But if i try to export to FLA and then recompile it when i load PR3 the game just freeze. I can ear the sound but i need to Alt+F4 to close the game.

Btw i am using Flash 9.0 and Action script 3 to recompile the FLA.

Any Sugestions???
(working on dialog_trade.swf)
tried to decompile and export to fla
imported in flash and made no changes, and exported to swf.
replaced and started game and its working.. seemd a little slower on startup, but thats prolly just flash hogging all the resources, damn that thing is heavy..

now please tell me where in flash i would go to edit the AS?
(01-06-2012, 05:06 PM)Cover Wrote: (working on dialog_trade.swf)
tried to decompile and export to fla
imported in flash and made no changes, and exported to swf.
replaced and started game and its working.. seemd a little slower on startup, but thats prolly just flash hogging all the resources, damn that thing is heavy..

now please tell me where in flash i would go to edit the AS?

When you say the game work, you mean the trading still work???

My game just freeze when i click to open the trade on a town...

If so what flash are you using, and what configs did you use to export.
flash 9 + as 3.0
also installed the missing benjamin font, its a free online font
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Benjamin.htm

trade is still working (although it looks funny cuz i resized a lot of content to test if it would collapse and hold 20 items in one screen.... it wouldnt)
(20-05-2012, 03:59 PM)TheVillageIdiot Wrote: Files, files and more files. 7221 files in data.fuk to be exact. Big Grin ( With 7820 Entries in total = 599 Folders )
[Image: http://www.openkaos.net/pr3/ExtractedFiles.jpg]

Good stuff Sir,

Two questions, is there an option to find the settings for towns (i'd like to change the starting nationality of some towns) in this list of 7820 entries and does that editor work with the Steam version of the game ?

Cheers

(I have not bought the game yet otherwise I would have tested this out myself)
Just so you know, not everything is extracted with this. There's still some assets hidden somewhere else. I'm seeing references such as: pr3\voices\mission, pr3\video\voices\admin, etc...
(03-06-2012, 06:36 PM)Graxster Wrote: Just so you know, not everything is extracted with this. There's still some assets hidden somewhere else. I'm seeing references such as: pr3\voices\mission, pr3\video\voices\admin, etc...

there's more then one fuk file
the audio assets are "hidden" in fsb files
if you want to mess with those your need to go here
http://www.fmod.org/index.php/

NOTE: You wont be able to modify the audio unless kalypso releases the pr3.fdp, but you can play single sounds (record them too I guess)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Port Royale 3\sound\pr3.fev holds the audiostucture, this is where the calls like pr3\voices\mission goes

if you extract data.fuk & data0.fuk you have everything needed
(still some stuff are locked away further... swf and fsb files)
(23-05-2012, 02:42 PM)MarshMellow Wrote: [Image: http://oi48.tinypic.com/34hbgap.jpg]

Is anyone interested in it?

I'd just like to poke at this comment and say "WANT!", given the current mechanics of the game I'd appreciate this tool immensely.