Finally... A Port Royale 3 Extractor :P
(10-06-2012, 07:47 AM)BumpInTheNight Wrote:
(23-05-2012, 02:42 PM)MarshMellow Wrote: [Image: http://oi48.tinypic.com/34hbgap.jpg]

Is anyone interested in it?

I'd just like to poke at this comment and say "WANT!", given the current mechanics of the game I'd appreciate this tool immensely.

+1 on that please.
Guess he wasnt that serious about the editor then?
What I'd still like to see is a dialog_trade.swf either resized for a larger resolution (1920x1080) or with freedom to change window size
Cover told he can compile with flash and the game acept...

i tryed but it don't work, so unless someone help, on how to recompile the flash file there is nothing i can do...
All i did was export to .fla and use flash to create a unmodified .swf, which in turn worked (game started)

But as it is now, im waiting for the game to be "finished" before spending any more time trying to mod it.

@1st4ck please pm you mailaddy and i can send you the files requested.
It seems this

(26-05-2012, 02:36 AM)1st4ck Wrote: the problem is not the code for SWF.

Change lines:
7375: minHeight = 720;
and
6921: towninfo.minHeight = 720;

This should get the window Bigger.

The real big problem is HOW to RECOMPILE the code back to SWF. And even then, making PR3 acept the new SWF. Because there is some Hashcode in there that can create some problems.

And this are the only two pieces.

(14-06-2012, 02:37 AM)Cover Wrote: All i did was export to .fla and use flash to create a unmodified .swf, which in turn worked (game started)

But as it is now, im waiting for the game to be "finished" before spending any more time trying to mod it.

@1st4ck please pm you mailaddy and i can send you the files requested.

Cover, what program did you use? Adobe's flash suite? I want this game to be "finished" as much as anyone, but until then scrolling the trading window is what prevents me from playing more than 20 minutes at a time. It's petty, sure, but it pisses me off every time.
First
Sothink SFW Decompiler (.swf to .fla)
then
Adobe CS 6 ((Flash Professional CS6) .fla to .swf)

but had a little test again, and it hangs again when trying to resize tradewindow.. but good luck
Hi, i need to know where can i find resolutions option. I need to change resolution without start game and i need to know is there some file that help me with do that.
Hi IroN_BabY,

There should be a file "options.cfg" in the "Port Royale 3"-folder.

How to find this folder (Win7, other systems similar):
1. Click "Start"
2. Type %appdata% and press "Enter" => An explorer opens
3. Open folder "Kalypso Media"
4. Open folder "Port Royale 3"

Example for a complete path
C:\user\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Kalypso Media\Port Royale 3

Don't forget to save a copy before you manipulate the file.Wink

Regards,
Cete
OK i got it. In this direcoty I dont have this file. I create it i write in this comends:

[Video]
FullScreenWidth = 1280
FullScreenWidth = 960
Particles = 1
FullScreen = 1

It help, my game i working and i can play it. Thanks to help
(03-06-2012, 06:44 PM)BumpInTheNight Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 06:36 PM)Graxster Wrote: Just so you know, not everything is extracted with this. There's still some assets hidden somewhere else. I'm seeing references such as: pr3\voices\mission, pr3\video\voices\admin, etc...

there's more then one fuk file

Ahoy,
Seeing that there is an offer for the Steam verion I might buy it now. Did anyone figure out if town attributes (such as starting nationality) can be modded with this extractor ? Also, does this extractor work with the Steam version of PR3 ?

Thanks
Saggart
(14-07-2012, 07:19 PM)Saggart Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 06:44 PM)BumpInTheNight Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 06:36 PM)Graxster Wrote: Just so you know, not everything is extracted with this. There's still some assets hidden somewhere else. I'm seeing references such as: pr3\voices\mission, pr3\video\voices\admin, etc...

there's more then one fuk file

Ahoy,
Seeing that there is an offer for the Steam verion I might buy it now. Did anyone figure out if town attributes (such as starting nationality) can be modded with this extractor ? Also, does this extractor work with the Steam version of PR3 ?

Thanks
Saggart

I can confirm that the extractor does work with the steam version, but apart from that I don't think much as been done towards anyone working on modding the contents that it extracted. We're all kind of waiting to see if they fix some of the really fundamental flaws in the game mechanics with their 1.2 patch that was supposed to come out last week.
(11-06-2012, 06:26 PM)sunoco69 Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 07:47 AM)BumpInTheNight Wrote:
(23-05-2012, 02:42 PM)MarshMellow Wrote: [Image: http://oi48.tinypic.com/34hbgap.jpg]

Is anyone interested in it?

I'd just like to poke at this comment and say "WANT!", given the current mechanics of the game I'd appreciate this tool immensely.

+1 on that please.

I second this, i want it....might even be able to enjoy combat in this game with this editor.
(15-07-2012, 04:21 AM)BumpInTheNight Wrote: I can confirm that the extractor does work with the steam version, but apart from that I don't think much as been done towards anyone working on modding the contents that it extracted. We're all kind of waiting to see if they fix some of the really fundamental flaws in the game mechanics with their 1.2 patch that was supposed to come out last week.

The 1.2 fix seems to have made a good amount of changes. Is anyone revisiting modding the game? I'd love to be able to resize trade windows to get all the goods on the screen without scrolling.
(30-07-2012, 08:04 PM)TheDudeAbides Wrote: The 1.2 fix seems to have made a good amount of changes. Is anyone revisiting modding the game? I'd love to be able to resize trade windows to get all the goods on the screen without scrolling.

Absolutely agreed, or better yet if Gaming Minds picked this one up themselves!
(20-05-2012, 04:27 PM)Falko Wrote: thx
worked for me

Edit:
any idea why it didnt work for the patrician4 fuk files?

I made patrician4 fuk extractor (localization kit)
documentation written in Japanese

php ver(fuk.php) pack/repacker: http://l10n.clan.vc/up/src/ja0044.zip
exe ver(fuk.exe) packer: https://sites.google.com/site/gamelocali...110724.zip
here is another fuk extractor that can work with Patrician4 and PR3 fuk-files
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid156283

for me it seems strange to program such tool in php but if it works Smile
what is the deal with the language files in locale/enus/global*.txt ?
(04-12-2012, 02:15 PM)Falko Wrote: here is another fuk extractor that can work with Patrician4 and PR3 fuk-files
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid156283

for me it seems strange to program such tool in php but if it works Smile
what is the deal with the language files in locale/enus/global*.txt ?

res.php convert global.txt to global.res , then use fuk.php to replace.
The original link to the fuk extractor isn't working anymore. Would anyone post a working link or upload the program please?
The link still worked for me. Check to see if your browser blocked it.
Especially if you on Win 10, I will upload and post a new link later if needed.
The link works, but there is no download starting and no button to start any downloads.
Can't answer that one without direct access to your system but on Win 10 with Firefox and now on Win 7 with Chrome - Falko's link worked for me - so I've attached the file to this post.

Attached Files
.zip   p4pr3gam_unfuk_1.1.zip (Size: 89.22 KB / Downloads: 21)
Ah we are talking about different links which lead to different programs. I was talking about the link in the first post ( http://www.openkaos.net/pr3/PortRoyale3_Extract.rar ).
Ok you are looking for this one?

Attached Files
.rar   PortRoyale3_Extract.rar (Size: 5.25 KB / Downloads: 34)
Yes, thanks a lot. Smile