(31-05-2012 06:07 AM)Zyriel Wrote: [quote='Handel' pid='133911' dateline='1338325199']
there is no limit to how many grapeshots you can carry ,its determined by the size of your support fleet.
Yep, I just recently understood this:-)
Edit: Also I wonder if the navigation skill works in manual battles. It is easy to raise in auto mode and if it works in manual battles this is a whole point of speed more (at least for the ships with 10+ speed).
With fine tuning and some time it is quite possible to make 2 or even more captains with 5 points in swordfighting and 5 points in increased sight at level 1 even at the hardest setting (all the other stats are trainable):
1. At the hardest settings you start with a pinnace and 30k gold. Reroll the captain until you get 2 points in the skill you need (if you are lucky you will get 3 points; but do not take a captain which have a point in skill which you don't need (because it is trainable).
2. Start trading looking for useful trainers. No matter if you find or not when you have 35-40k (some may be in stuff) buy a second pinnace. Transfer the goods (or sell them) through the WH in the second pinnace AND STOP the fist one ASAP (or the captain will get some additional skills and the price of skills you need will go through the roof.
3. When you get enough gold for the next training look plus some spare cash for the trade (or goods) look for a trainer and train the 1st captain with then stop him again. Rinse and repeat until you get 5 points in swordfighting and increased sight. Keep in mind the cost of the train depends on 4 variables:
1. The level of the skill you want to train
2. The total number of the skill points the captain have
3. The level of the player
4. AND on the cash you have on hand (ships and stuff not counted).
So when training be careful not to gather too much cash or the cost of the train will jump. The best is to invest in goods if you have more cash then needed. And of course be careful not to advance to the next level.
5. When the 1st captain is ready FIRE the second captain and reroll him until you get a rookie captain with 2-3 useful points and no useless points.
6. STOP the second captain and star collecting cash with the 1st captain (he will develop 5 points in repair too) and train the second captain.
7. When the second captain is ready do whatever you want to do. You may leave it for a while on profit trading to develop his repair skills.
8. Actually if you have the needed patience you can buy more pinnaces and train more captains. The ship you own don't count as "wealth" so you will not advance if you are careful not to gather too much cash. Just remember to stop the captain you are training and move them only when there is a trainer and you have enough gold to pay him.
9. Meanwhile a lot of pirates will appear but they do not attack the pinnaces; it seems they are too small. At least I never had a pinnace looted by a pirate.