Pole Position 2012 - New Patch (4.3) available
KalypsoSebastian Offline

Pole Position 2012 - New Patch (4.3) available
Hello everybody!

A new and final patch for Pole Position 2012 is now available via the Kalypso Launcher bringing the game to version 4.3. Here is the changelog:

- Bug fixed: When you deactivated or activated a team, that team would be doubled
- Bug fixed: Self-developed fuel tanks above level 2 could not be installed
- The effect of the driver attribute “Quick on Curves” has been reduced
- Bug fixed: An incorrect value was displayed for handling in the wind tunnel
- The amount of gas now has a stronger effect on lap times.
- The difference between hard & soft tires is now greater
- New drivers now demand a salary depending on their talent (no longer just 10,000)
- Emails are now sorted by date
- When you save a game, the date is now also included in the savegames’ name
- Bug fixed: The tire rule was no longer working
- Changes in weather have now been greatly reduced
- Chance of rain reduced
- Bug fixed: Extremely slow cars should now no longer hold up following cars.
- Bug fixed: After starting a new game, it was possible to select a sponsor from the old game
- Members of the pit crew are now between 19 and 30 years old
- Employee talent now increases randomly
- Tire wear now has a stronger effect on lap times
- In training & qualification, you can now view the intervals for the first and leading car, using a new button in the race display
- In a race, you can now view the intervals for the first and leading car relative to the last checkpoint, using a new button in the race display
- The strength of NPC teams increases & decreases
- The leading car in a race is now marked with a star-symbol
- Only the current year is displayed in the lower bar: “2012 Season”
- Bug fixed: The salary for your own drivers was not being deducted
- Bug fixed: Rain tires B deteriorated too quickly
- The talent of the junior drivers no longer increases so quickly
- Bug fixed: The salary for personnel was not being deducted
- Random events now occur less frequently, some have been removed
- Bug fixed: Weather conditions were only being adopted by the cars for a few seconds after the start of a race
- Bug fixed: The winner of a race isn’t overwriting the winner of the previous race anymore.
- An icon now indicates which driver is selected in a race
- When both cars are called to the pit at the same time during a race, there’s no longer a bug that left one car stuck in the pit. The second car will recognize that the pit is occupied and will attempt a pit stop during the next lap.

Many greetings,
Sebastian
30-05-2012 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lotus_for_win Offline

RE: Pole Position 2012 - New Patch (4.3) available
Note my comments previously added on new patch (final patch)_

Finally! Smile

The most severe problems that needed fixing are taken care of... hope these also works (especially when it says final patch).

I would like to adress few things that should really be in this final patch though:

- It doesn't matter how low value you but to your own team in editor... it seems that only car parts count.
- There really should be a possibility to view race stats also during the season not only right after race (results, fastest laps etc.)
- Cars crashing to each other should be possible
- There seems to be no fix to the 'problem' that player cars can not retire to a mechanical problem unless the part's value is 0 %
- Also the problem with sponsors haven't got any attention. There should be greater differences between the income from different sponsors and it should also count where you place your sponsors logos ( different locations having different income rates).

Please consider these as I believe they are really important Smile
Can you also check that also AI obeys the tyre rule ( I'm remembering that Ai was ignoring the rule previously and didn't get any penalty from that? not sure of this. But when the game had tyre rule bug then AI didn't change tyres so often than i had to, maybe beacuse of different settings (?))...

RE: New Patches in Development??
I forgot that you're missing fuel loads effect on lap times and rain tyre vs. normal tyre differences in lap times. Could you please add Smile (would be logical when there already worn tyre effect and hard vs soft tyres difference)

Apparently you released the "final patch" but please add these...i really hope you do Smile
30-05-2012 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KalypsoSebastian Offline

(30-05-2012 04:11 PM)lotus_for_win Wrote:  Note my comments previously added on new patch (final patch)_

Finally! Smile

The most severe problems that needed fixing are taken care of... hope these also works (especially when it says final patch).

I would like to adress few things that should really be in this final patch though:

- It doesn't matter how low value you but to your own team in editor... it seems that only car parts count.
- There really should be a possibility to view race stats also during the season not only right after race (results, fastest laps etc.)
- Cars crashing to each other should be possible
- There seems to be no fix to the 'problem' that player cars can not retire to a mechanical problem unless the part's value is 0 %
- Also the problem with sponsors haven't got any attention. There should be greater differences between the income from different sponsors and it should also count where you place your sponsors logos ( different locations having different income rates).

Please consider these as I believe they are really important Smile
Can you also check that also AI obeys the tyre rule ( I'm remembering that Ai was ignoring the rule previously and didn't get any penalty from that? not sure of this. But when the game had tyre rule bug then AI didn't change tyres so often than i had to, maybe beacuse of different settings (?))...

RE: New Patches in Development??
I forgot that you're missing fuel loads effect on lap times and rain tyre vs. normal tyre differences in lap times. Could you please add Smile (would be logical when there already worn tyre effect and hard vs soft tyres difference)

Apparently you released the "final patch" but please add these...i really hope you do Smile

Hi, as in the changelog mentioned:
The amount of gas now has a stronger effect on lap times.
and
Bug fixed: The tire rule was no longer working

Therefore at least two of your ideas should already be implemented Smile
30-05-2012 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lotus_for_win Offline

Oh, I thought that gas meant throttle. Ok Smile

But as you see there is still few issues Wink

And I lost all the editor data when I installed the new patch...lot of work there now Tongue Please inform can you fix the problems mentioned above so that I wont have to do the editor work again when possible new patch comes...
30-05-2012 05:29 PM
lotus_for_win Offline

Just tested the new patch in two races:

It was raining in both of them Big Grin ( china and korea, so it's ok)

but to the outcome... It seems more realistic now, I ended up where I supposed to be (fighting for last places) with car valued 50 (best cars 88). Gaps were suprisingly big (maybe I can affect that with editor). And there weren't big differeces in times between wets and try weather tyres (should be fixed, wasn't in changelog).

The new gaps tab is useful in my opinion though it doesn't work so well in race.

But my first thoughts are that this is a big improvement. Good work.
30-05-2012 08:15 PM
Adam.Freeman Offline

i beleive it was the last patch so your stuck ith it now, and come on fair play to the game its very much playable now isnt it Smile
30-05-2012 11:01 PM
lotus_for_win Offline

Can Kalypso confirm is it possible to fix these problems/bugs which I pointed out (I assume some of them are easy to fix) or is this really THE FINAL PATCH?
31-05-2012 10:05 AM
danish-guy Offline

and now the game is crashing again :=(
31-05-2012 11:40 AM
ronnie Peterson Offline

Final patch? But you havent fixed issues from PP2010 yet. Car setupp should be different from each track, and last years setup should be remebered by the team you are playing. Why using good engineers attached to the pilot if he dont need to listen to feedback. And the skill that gives you double input is of no use? What is it still to do to compete with the other stables?
I hope Im wrong but please advise if I am.
31-05-2012 10:58 PM
lotus_for_win Offline

I think that you created a new bug because it seems that it rains in almost every race. (have had rain, not all the weekend but still, in every 4 race I have competed so far).
01-06-2012 07:53 AM
lotus_for_win Offline

found a new bug...nothing much but the game is counting team starts wrong: It gives a team two "starts" for every race apparently because there's two cars starting the race. I think it should be just one start per race.

It would be interesting to know to what is the new changing strenght system based on? In my first season Mercedes has only 2 points so far (10 races) when it started as top 5 team (strenght value).
03-06-2012 08:55 PM
chucknorrispimp Offline

tks man very very good
26-07-2012 12:37 AM
zeppeltym Offline

im new at this game, where can i found the patch download??
17-08-2012 05:17 PM
Nachtschatten Offline
Patrizier- und PR-Veteran

You get the patches with the Kalypso Launcher only.

I think you should have a look here.

Enjoy the Night
Nachtschatten

Die letzte Stimme, die man hört, bevor die Welt explodiert, wird die Stimme eines Experten sein, der sagt: „Das ist technisch unmöglich.“
(Peter Ustinov)
18-08-2012 03:17 AM
Morandir Offline

Are this patch is available on Steam?
22-09-2012 05:02 PM
Varaosa Offline

Is there an automatic update of this steam-game?

Still i want those:

-I still can not change the image to the driver's own avatars, I would like this.

-The game does not save the game or keep recordings intact if the game is updated to the new version of the game. It works for me again to make their own teams and drivers, every time.

-Driver editor: "World Championship" and score data overlap in window mode.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 07:39 PM by Varaosa.)
02-12-2012 07:29 PM
tedy60 Offline

mas como abaixar a atualizaçao
18-12-2012 05:09 PM
dillmin Offline

Why can't I download or update for MAC!? I'm still at the original release of the game which is horrendous!
09-03-2013 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication