JA: Back in Action - desktop crash
Hi,

I've purchased the game through Steam, patched it, and playing the english version of the game.

If I try to enter the 'Mine' (marked by red - see screenshot-link) already under my power) the game crashes to the desktop after few seconds (GameJABIA.exe has stopped working). The game claims there is a enemy squadron in the 'Mine' - but there is nothing?

I have tried to restart the game, restart Steam, re-install the game but nothing seems to help.

Love the game and all the previous JA-games, and I really hope you guys can my salvage my savegame and destroy this bug?

Screenshot-link: http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139..._crash.jpg
Nothing?! Come on!
That is strange. The bug should be gone after the last update. Do you have any mods installed?

Could you send a request to support@kalypsomedia.com and tell them your problem?
(24-06-2012, 06:44 PM)Kalypsochris Wrote: That is strange. The bug should be gone after the last update. Do you have any mods installed?

Could you send a request to support@kalypsomedia.com and tell them your problem?

No mods installed.
I tried to send an email to support@kalypsomedia.com - but god are they slow to respond. Game still not working Sad
Can you send your savegame to support@kalypsomedia.com for investigation please? Have you only tried with one savegame so far or is there a different/earlier savegame that allows you to circumvent the crash?
The error is unfortunately in all my savegames. The savegame-files is now sent to support@kalypsomedia.com
The answer from Kalypso Media

"We have checked your savegames and there was the same error. We had a crash too. It just crashed and we were back to the desktop. It seems for us, that the savegames are corrupt.

Best regards,

--
Kalypso Media
Support Service"

In other words - the JA: Back in Action is freakin unplayable! Just spent 18 hours of my life on these savegames. Piece of shite programming has destroyed an else cool game and I have wasted some hard earned dollars on a useless game. Can I get a refund on the game, now it's unplayable?
(03-07-2012, 03:18 PM)rammy1980 Wrote: The answer from Kalypso Media

"We have checked your savegames and there was the same error. We had a crash too. It just crashed and we were back to the desktop. It seems for us, that the savegames are corrupt.

Best regards,

--
Kalypso Media
Support Service"

In other words - the JA: Back in Action is freakin unplayable! Just spent 18 hours of my life on these savegames. Piece of shite programming has destroyed an else cool game and I have wasted some hard earned dollars on a useless game. Can I get a refund on the game, now it's unplayable?
This is the same problem I am having, but mine is in Drassen... This is a bug that needs to be fixed. If it happens early game, and the player keeps playing you are hosed later.....
Same issue here - sending an email to Support, but it sounds like it may be in vain?

Has anyone else had any progress on this?
The savegames have been forwarded to the developers. They will see what they can do about the crash.