Hello Kalypso Media forum users and company representatives.
Since it has been brought to the attention of the forum users including myself that you will no longer be patching the game, might I make the following request on the behalf of myself and the rest of the fanbase.
The in game editor that already exists is a marked improvement on the PP 2010 version. The options available allowed the end user to make many modifications to the existing drivers and teams as well as add new ones.
This being said however, the base game becomes very easy, very quickly when you know what you are doing.
Usually with a game like this, mod tools (or the way in which the game was constructed) allow the end user to make 'mods' that enhance the game play or make the game more realistic. (See mod 3 for PP 2010 for an example, a very fine modification that ha a lot of work go into it.)
This is currently not possible with PP 2012 after your switch to the unity Engine. There are of course ways we could modify the game available if we a) had the time and b) said methods were not bordering on Illegal at worst and a breach of the EULA at best.
My polite request is a simple one. Could you please create a program that allows us to modify elements of the game externally. If you could, I would be happy to pay extra money for your efforts
. I've noticed with some of your more popular games (Airline Tycoon 2 for example) that community feedback on your paid dlc's has been very high and was seen as a nice handshake to the community.
Features I would like to see in an external editor include but are not limited to:
- Ability to edit sponsor names,
- ability to edit sponsor payments,
- ability to add/remove sponsors,
- ability to edit sponsor logos,
- ability to edit availability of staff at new game start,
- ability to edit new staff appearance rate on the job market,
- ability to edit staff wages,
- ability to edit FiU rules,
- ability to edit points system and winnings system,
- ability to edit team logos,
- ability to change driver pictures,
- ability to edit research rate/cost,
- ability to edit manufacture rate/cost,
- ability to edit driver contracts. (*)
(*)This is already possible via sql database editing.
Now I know that is a lot of options to request, and I know it would take a lot of time and effort to produce such a tool and maybe not all options will be possible but, it would be a huge boost to a dwindling community and a nice show of respect to us as well.
Yours, DCRJP1984, Gamer and member of the community.