(09-07-2012 11:41 AM)ishtar Wrote: Hello guys !
Even if it is my first post, i have been following this forum since several weeks.
But one of my questions remains pending :
Could we have more info concerning techs ?
1- A screenshot of the tree of one of the three races would be awesome
2- Roughly how many techs are they ?
3- Are diplomatic actions unlocked by certain techs ?
4- During a sandbox game, is it possible to fully research the tree or is it taking too much time // or there are exclusive branches ?
5- What kind of ressources does techs require ? Does it take (much?) time ?
Please feel free to add your own questions !
Sorry for not covering enough questions lately. We are really deep into production and balancing at the moment.
So here is what I can say about your questions to the best of my knowledge:
1. Yes a screenshot of one of the tech trees would be nice. Just that we CAN'T FIT IT ONTO ONE SCREENSHOT. Believe me I so wanted to post it but we couldn't even print one onto a roll of wallpaper,. And yes we tried that. It is just too big and extensive. Maybe I will find a way. I will try. Posting a picture of only a small portion wouldn't really be an option. But you will get a glimpse of the research menu in the next trailer. :-)
2. At the moment, there are around 2000 researchable technologies in the game. And yes, some of them are level-up technologies that update older ones or give you +10% more armor efficiency, etc. But even if you would delete those, you would a giant tech tree to discover. Plus you have the bonus tech trees that you can combine with the race tech trees to transform them and get new technologies.
3. Hm. Would have to look that up. But I suppose there are some technologies that improve diplomatic skills and relationships.
4. Yes I think it will be able to research all of the technologies in your tech tree in one sandbox game. But it will really take some time and focus on research.
5. The speed of research is determined by the combination of all research points that your colonies create. And those points are created by population and research structures (laboratories, server farms, etc.) on your planets.