Tropico 4 Mission Help - 500 Luxury Imports
CoonCat Offline

Tropico 4 Mission Help - 500 Luxury Imports
I'm on the mission where I have to import 500 luxury goods, and no matter what I've thought of to try it still has 0/500 imported. ):

1. Yes, I've built a mall. I actually built 2 when the meter wasn't going anywhere.
2. Imports from China are allowed.
3. I checked the malls and neither of them have any visitors! No one's visiting them! I had them set to Outlet and then to Normal but still nothing. What's going on? ):

Help is appreciated! I'm ready to get to level 5!
05-08-2012 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dicktator Offline
Going somewhere

RE: Tropico 4 Mission Help - 500 Luxury Imports
As far as I know, "luxury good" is a generic term for assorted consumer goods manufactured overseas and demanded exclusively by malls to sell to the people, so if the counter says 0/500 luxury goods imported it means the malls aren't stocked with anything yet and no one wants to pay a significant part of their monthly salary just to be able to hang around in a huge empty concrete box.

You have to wait a few months until a freighter docks to import goods, and you need a positive balance in the treasury to import anything (but you knew that already Wink). However, if you're already importing a lot of stuff the default $5000 cap on imports per freighter may be limiting the amount of goods you can bring in so you may need to increase it gradually as the economy allows it. Another problem might be the 500 unit limit per freighter not meeting your island's demands - this limit cannot be changed in-game but you can go around it by building more docks so ships come more frequently.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 03:07 PM by Dicktator.)
05-08-2012 02:53 PM
Caribbean Stud Offline
Toucan-worshiping environmentalist

Check the Foreign tab in your Almanac, you need good relations with China before you can import goods from them (I'm not sure if it needs to be "Excellent," but it definitely needs to be in the green).

As the previous poster mentioned, no one will visit your mall(s) until you have something to sell them.

Also, if you're playing the MT expansion version, there are certain in-game events that may cause a Chinese embargo for a few years.
05-08-2012 05:57 PM
CoonCat Offline

(05-08-2012 05:57 PM)Caribbean Stud Wrote:  Check the Foreign tab in your Almanac, you need good relations with China before you can import goods from them (I'm not sure if it needs to be "Excellent," but it definitely needs to be in the green).

As the previous poster mentioned, no one will visit your mall(s) until you have something to sell them.

Also, if you're playing the MT expansion version, there are certain in-game events that may cause a Chinese embargo for a few years.

Thanks, whenever a ship docks it does say something about "ship didn't import because of foreign embargo". I'll try strengthening Chinese relationships. Thank you for the help!
06-08-2012 12:07 AM
Tropi'je Offline
Epic Member

(06-08-2012 12:07 AM)CoonCat Wrote:  Thanks, whenever a ship docks it does say something about "ship didn't import because of foreign embargo". I'll try strengthening Chinese relationships. Thank you for the help!

yup, that is the issue then.. use the forien ministry set to improving all, or do quests for china.

they like goat cheese, and wool, so get some ranches up and look for the blue dot quests. dismiss other quests that pop if you can't complete them asap, as new quests will replace them

FYI, you if you sides against the chineese in one of the pop up decisions you might have permanantly ruined your relationship for that game, so keep that in mind when making choices.

typcially i always go against US or russia, as they are easier to please.. it comes harder when you have to choose between the other 3.. though i normally go against the mid east.. tropico has no need for their oil!!
06-08-2012 04:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication