Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 2.69 Average
What are we working on?
Kalypsochris Offline
Super Moderator

What are we working on?
Hi there!

This thread should constantly inform you about what we are working on at the moment.

UPDATE 05.10.2012
Developer Novacore had to file for bankruptcy this week. We assume there will be no further development of patches for Legends of Pegasus but cannot make any statements on the state of the bancruptcy.

It is also legally not possible for us to just hand out the source code of the game for further community development as the code also includes software that is not open source.

This situation is very unsatisfactory, for us but of course especially for you. But it is all we can say for now.

Many greetings,
Chris
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 02:20 PM by Timo.)
11-08-2012 04:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nimrod Offline

RE: What are we working on?
Can you fix the X'ors hulls not showing up as I think thats one of the most important bugs. I really want to play X'or! Sad
11-08-2012 04:35 PM
t1it Offline

Awesome, can't wait! The game is among the better 4xgames out there, without the bugs/crashes imo.
11-08-2012 04:36 PM
WOEaintME Offline
Master of all things Woe

(11-08-2012 04:35 PM)Nimrod Wrote:  Can you fix the X'ors hulls not showing up as I think thats one of the most important bugs. I really want to play X'or! Sad

I can guarantee they will fix the X'or hull bug in due time.

In the meantime play a human v human skirmish with starting tech at 12 (it's actually quite good just be sure to save often just in case a crash occurs)

And Chris, the fact that work is being done on the weekend just further increases my optimism and support for this game Smile
11-08-2012 04:38 PM
Kalypsochris Offline
Super Moderator

(11-08-2012 04:35 PM)Nimrod Wrote:  Can you fix the X'ors hulls not showing up as I think thats one of the most important bugs. I really want to play X'or! Sad

That is actually not a bug if you refer to the ship editor. The X'or directly combine modules, they dont use hulls. Try connecting modules directly. The hull tab is redundant.
11-08-2012 04:38 PM
Toralian Offline

Can you fix objectives screen?I can see only the ship and the station names, but don't know what they supposed to do to complete the tutorial campaign.
11-08-2012 04:50 PM
Kalypsochris Offline
Super Moderator

That should be part of the UI / Text improvements.
11-08-2012 04:51 PM
AvengerUK Offline

Are you working on giving customers who simply cannot play past the first mission refunds? (Such as Paradox offered after the terrible launch of Sword of the stars 2?)
Not compensation, refunds. A product sold has to do what it states, and generally work. This does not. We are lawfully entitled to a refund in the state the game is currently in.

The game is unplayable - seems like you didn't QA anything...
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 05:13 PM by AvengerUK.)
11-08-2012 04:56 PM
Soulburner Offline

Is having more than 1 AI in skirmish part of the AI improvement ?

thanks for the hardwork !
11-08-2012 05:03 PM
Nimrod Offline

(11-08-2012 04:38 PM)Kalypsochris Wrote:  

That is actually not a bug if you refer to the ship editor. The X'or directly combine modules, they dont use hulls. Try connecting modules directly. The hull tab is redundant.

Ooo awesome, thanks for that!
11-08-2012 05:15 PM
Sarewok13 Offline

Can U try to fix load and save game still have problem with load game i mean after 5 min of loading i have on screen the main menu screen from load thats all
11-08-2012 05:17 PM
Tsalarian Offline

Will old saves still work?
11-08-2012 05:20 PM
RazorTS Offline

i feel dumb not seein this Big Grin

Are you going to fix/balance special tech trees? They are useless apart weapon tech
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 05:21 PM by RazorTS.)
11-08-2012 05:20 PM
Xydonus Offline

And when is the multiplayer going to become playable?
11-08-2012 05:36 PM
water Offline

Will the turn timer in sp be removed?

Also, when will we have graphical options? I don't know for sure but maybe some of the people saying the graphics in the game are terrible is caused by the game deciding they don't have good hardware and is defaulting to lower settings.
11-08-2012 05:41 PM
regelos Offline

I really just want my money back for the last few week I've been going back and forth on if I'd prefer Endless Space or LoP I finnally decided on LoP and I didn't get a game I got a digital paperweight that is completly broken.. In this case I think a full refund is justified because you didn't deliever a product when I purchased it that fit anyone minimun requirements of functional Sad I don't want to wait for patch's sometime in the future I frankly had such a bad experiance the 7 different new games I started yesterday I have 0 plans to ever fire up this game again.
11-08-2012 05:46 PM
Ap0c NL Offline
Posting Freak

@ water ??? what turn timer dude? there is no turn timer in SP at this very moment!
11-08-2012 06:16 PM
water Offline

Last time I played was last night and there was in Skirmish mode, don't know about the campaign
11-08-2012 06:23 PM
MeepBot Offline

(11-08-2012 06:16 PM)Ap0c NL Wrote:  @ water ??? what turn timer dude? there is no turn timer in SP at this very moment!

There is if you're doing skirmish which is not so nice when you have a huge game going.
11-08-2012 06:24 PM
kumis Offline

Is there any logical reason not to allow us play with more than one AI player ? o.O Pls fix that...
11-08-2012 06:26 PM
epee Offline

(11-08-2012 04:56 PM)AvengerUK Wrote:  Are you working on giving customers who simply cannot play past the first mission refunds? (Such as Paradox offered after the terrible launch of Sword of the stars 2?)
Not compensation, refunds. A product sold has to do what it states, and generally work. This does not. We are lawfully entitled to a refund in the state the game is currently in.

I'm quoting this because three of the largest threads here in the international forums, in the German forums, and on Steam revolve around requesting refunds. I think maybe the moderator mistook this request for begging or entitled whining.

I come from a region with consumer rights laws that require a return/refund if a digital product is faulty or isn't delivered as advertised. As I understand it, there are even better protections in the UK and similar laws exist in another nations.

My question is not: "Can I have a refund?" My question is: "Who do I contact for a refund?"
11-08-2012 06:40 PM
AvengerUK Offline

(11-08-2012 06:40 PM)epee Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 04:56 PM)AvengerUK Wrote:  Are you working on giving customers who simply cannot play past the first mission refunds? (Such as Paradox offered after the terrible launch of Sword of the stars 2?)

My question is not: "Can I have a refund?" My question is: "Who do I contact for a refund?"

Correct Smile Much better put than myself!
11-08-2012 06:43 PM
Uberskeeve Offline

Truly I could care less about an actual "refund", some kind of compensation for the annoyance and issues we've had would be nice. But truly, I'd MUCH rather see the working product in all it's promised glory.

Yes, maybe the game was released a bit too early and we got our "wee wee's" caught in our pants zipper, but all that aside the explanatory post by Chris has helped, and their swift action gives me hope that this will soon improve and become the experience it could... and should be.

Cheers
11-08-2012 07:10 PM
AcidMonkie Offline

(11-08-2012 06:40 PM)epee Wrote:  My question is: "Who do I contact for a refund?"[/b]

I would like to know as well. This is completely unacceptable. Cannot even beat the first mission in the campaign of this bug riddled game. I want my money back. I will gladly re-buy the game if it becomes playable in the future, as it seems promising.
11-08-2012 07:14 PM
Paeovran Offline

Hum are you listening to yourself ?! I want my money back....

Yeah you're right, the game was released a bit to early.
But wouldn't you prefer to wait a little ? and see the game in all his glory ?!
Anyway, you won't get a refund. And Chris talked about something next week, so we'll see.
So please, stop crying and wait for the bugs to be fixed (a patch should come out tomorrow).
It's not the first game who's not ready for releasing day, and won't be the last.
Make constructive remarks, so you can help them at least instead of bothering them.

PS : sorry for my english, not native x)

And thanks Chris for keeping us informed ^^
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 07:43 PM by Paeovran.)
11-08-2012 07:42 PM
AvengerUK Offline

(11-08-2012 07:42 PM)Paeovran Wrote:  But wouldn't you prefer to wait a little ? and see the game in all his glory ?!

And thanks Chris for keeping us informed ^^

Unfortunately, it will be a while (if ever) for the game to be fixed fully.

It's released now, and therefore it should be functional now.

Unfortunately, it is not.

Would be nice for Kalypso to respond to the refund requests...

I'm actually uploading a video atm of my attempts at playing the game - it does all the talking for me to be honest :/
11-08-2012 08:24 PM
Darkwanderstorm Offline

A while? He said most of the bugs can be fixed with in a few days.
11-08-2012 08:30 PM
Poojawa Offline

I don't want a refund. Because from what I've seen and played, the only things wrong are UI and crash bugs that are getting fixed quickly.

Why go through the hassle of tying it up for something you should have expected? There has not been a game release that didn't see a public or closed beta testing phase that wasn't with a few breaking errors. It happens.

Just chill out, wait it out, plan for how you'll take over the galaxy.

Kalypso, it's good to see you're on top of it. All the grumpy folks are just upset because it was a Friday and they didn't get to play the new shiny.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 08:34 PM by Poojawa.)
11-08-2012 08:31 PM
Hoodlum25 Offline
Posting Freak

Will the scrolling mouse issue be fixed in the next patch ?
11-08-2012 08:42 PM
Rogue_Zephyr Offline

(11-08-2012 08:31 PM)Poojawa Wrote:  I don't want a refund. Because from what I've seen and played, the only things wrong are UI and crash bugs that are getting fixed quickly.

Why go through the hassle of tying it up for something you should have expected? There has not been a game release that didn't see a public or closed beta testing phase that wasn't with a few breaking errors. It happens.

Just chill out, wait it out, plan for how you'll take over the galaxy.

Kalypso, it's good to see you're on top of it. All the grumpy folks are just upset because it was a Friday and they didn't get to play the new shiny.

My thoughts exactly. So long as it isn't a CoD Black Ops scenario, then I am as content as a cucumber to wait for the patches.

Incidentally though, will the crashes that occur from removing ships in the construction menu be sorted in the next patch?
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 08:51 PM by Rogue_Zephyr.)
11-08-2012 08:50 PM