[MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.12
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

[MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.12
First of all i want you to know that english isn't my home language so mistakes are possible Smile
All those things about multiple bugs in LoP are making me sad because i've played that game and i liked it. And i want to see it patched and playable after all Smile

So i've decided to make a simple savegame editor for that game (for the most part to amuse myself). It's almost completed but some features are yet to be coded. You are free to play with it as you like, but remeber that it is very easy to crash the game with wrong values.

Any feedback is appreciated, i hope you'll like it.

If you have any problems with game saves you can email me files with explanations to:
panthernet ...dog... mail.ru (replace ...dog... with @)

Legends of Pegasus Savegame Editor v1.12
Code:
+ Fixed stargate save bug

Legends of Pegasus Savegame Editor v1.11
Code:
+ Added ship layout editor: ALPHA! Only human layouts can be modified effectively, no modules support yet.
+ Added ship layouts loading for faction and space unit
+ Added ship layouts delete and clone feature
+ Added ship hulls loading from game data
+ Updated faction options page ro incorporate tab pages instead separate windows
+ Updated technology and research progress lists visual representation for factions
+ Fixed Xor tech display
+ Updated for version 4354:
    + Planet, Planet slot, Stargate data was cleaned
    + Planet property Shield life added
    + Game setting for unlimited turn time added
    + Some new game data layouts added

Legends of Pegasus Savegame Editor v1.10
Code:
+ Added warning message window before save. Project will be checked for most dangerous errors wich will be displayed with deailed info.
+ Added star groups customization / addition / removal
+ Added faction predefined colors selection (from predefined in game data)
+ Added starlane free color selection
+ Added starsystem and ss sun free color selection
+ Added planet atmosphere free color selection
+ Added ship components loading from game data
+ Added construction queues inner loading and saving to avoid save file corruption if planets with queues are deleted.
+ Fixed incorrect save for some parameters
+ Updated manual for the new functionality.
+ Updated for the version 4237
Some colors are saved correctly but there is no visible changes. May be they are not yet implemented by devs.

Please be advised with the following statements:
1. All changes made to the savegame files are at your own risk! The game can crash easily.
2. Always backup savegame files you are going to modify.
3. Only latest game version is supported. Savegame files editing for older game versions supported as-is.

System requirements:

Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 Client profile is required for this app to work! If you don't have it installed, please do so from official microsoft web site. It's completely free and lightweight.
DOWNLOAD MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0 CLIENT

I've uploaded archive onto my site, no viruses detected Smile
DOWNLOAD LOP SGEDITOR V1.12
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 11:11 PM by panthernet.)
17-08-2012 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ap0c NL Offline

RE: LOP Savegame Editor
Great, i was about to modify my own saves just to see what i could do with it but this looks really fun.
Thx for you contribution. Smile

in fact you can save the file as a new file so no need to overwrite anyway Smile going to test out with infinite amount of ore credit fleet size etc Smile

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5958...F64F1CAA6/

It works perfectly! Smile way to go. will be happy to see the rest being developed for this editor.
As i see this is anna make me just try and alter the files where i can filter the bugs out myself and improve the liniar gameplay and randomize events instead of every few turns to see those 3 pointless ships that warp to my planet and sit there until i decide to attack them.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 04:42 PM by Ap0c NL.)
17-08-2012 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Thanks! Smile Now i'm working on units customization so it can be possible to do such tricks as to switch ship faction or set amount of HP. Components editor can be very complex thing so it may be added later.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 05:26 PM by panthernet.)
17-08-2012 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Andy3567 Offline

Yeah, I've been working on the files as well and I can see how to edit the ships and add new/modify existing ones. I'm currently loking at the tech-tree to see if I can make it look better, but I'm struggling to find a few vital links Tongue

I can find all techs, how to edit techs, and the gui panel for the tech screen, but I'm just working out how to change how the techs appear within the game itself. Since I see how they all link in the .graphml files, but am working out how to make that appear in-game
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 05:41 PM by Andy3567.)
17-08-2012 05:39 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

(17-08-2012 05:39 PM)Andy3567 Wrote:  Yeah, I've been working on the files as well and I can see how to edit the ships and add new/modify existing ones. I'm currently loking at the tech-tree to see if I can make it look better, but I'm struggling to find a few vital links Tongue

I can find all techs, how to edit techs, and the gui panel for the tech screen, but I'm just working out how to change how the techs appear within the game itself. Since I see how they all link in the .graphml files, but am working out how to make that appear in-game

I've not yet looked into tech files more deeply, just have seen some tech files in the data folder. But definetly i want to include per faction tech editor into my app Smile
17-08-2012 06:13 PM
Andy3567 Offline

Well, editing buildings is dead easy, as there is only one file that you have to alter (no text/gui files) and I've already done some basic stuff for my version, like boosting the officers that academies give you. Components are also pretty easy to change, but techs, as I said before, I am having a harder time with.
17-08-2012 06:56 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Update: Version 1.1
Look into the 1st message for info.

Lol, now that's fun! Smile Just converted some enemy spaceships that attacked me to my faction Smile Strange but weapon platforms in human ep2 (that is mine now) seems not to fire back...
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 08:33 PM by panthernet.)
17-08-2012 08:26 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

RE: [MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.2
Update: Version 1.2
Look into the 1st message for info.
18-08-2012 03:29 PM
Digitalproeliator Offline

Hey just a suggestion maybe a options to save your tech from one save and import into another save? Nice work though man.Cool
18-08-2012 09:39 PM
PsiEye Offline

Hey i've tried your updated editor 1.2 with latest game update but somehow it does not work anymore with my saves
19-08-2012 12:29 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

RE: [MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.3
I've tested almost any params available in editor and it seems to work on the latest available version. If you have any problems please give more detailed information.

Version 1.3 available. 1st post updated.

Need some help with game data files. I need to know how to link PlanetComponent ID (eg. data\PlanetComponents.xml - id param) with component name and icon. If anyone can give me an info that would be great!
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 05:21 PM by panthernet.)
21-08-2012 05:20 PM
PsiEye Offline

Now i can't get this new editor ver 1.3 to work at all (have installed latest Microsoft .net framework 4.0 version and even reinstalled it), everytime i try to choose "Set LoP exe location" program crashes.
21-08-2012 06:04 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

(21-08-2012 06:04 PM)PsiEye Wrote:  Now i can't get this new editor ver 1.3 to work at all (have installed latest Microsoft .net framework 4.0 version and even reinstalled it), everytime i try to choose "Set LoP exe location" program crashes.

:O

That is strange, i'll look into it and will try to release new version today.

PS: Is there any meaningful error displayed? Cause i've checked on different machines and doesn't see any crash on that button Sad

Updated to Version 1.4. Read 1st post.

Added additional support in case of app crash.
Added asteroids and asteroid fields for customization.

I think that next one will be star lanes and then additional units customization Smile
After all customizations will be available, i tnik i'll try to implement ability to add new items int save file.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 07:52 PM by panthernet.)
21-08-2012 07:16 PM
PsiEye Offline

RE: [MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.4
I don't know why i'm the only who's having problems with this editor but i can now use it correctly but only open episode 1 and 2 saves, when i try to open episode 3 saves, it says Int32-value is too large or too small
21-08-2012 09:11 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

can you please upload save file to some free fileshare and post the link? I'll check it.
21-08-2012 11:10 PM
nargisoa Offline

Awsome work on the save game editor. Keep up the awsome work

But sadley i also get the fail int32 file to large or to small error
but hope fully you will work it out before i gets home from work in 12 hours
looking forward to it lol my specs are as follows

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/22/2012, 06:19:48
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: X58A-UD3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 24576MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 24574MB RAM
Page File: 5066MB used, 56358MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Legends of Pegusus is also steam version

if u want my save file just send me an email link i'll email it to u

CheersBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
21-08-2012 11:26 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

I've might fixed the problem, please check latest version.
21-08-2012 11:28 PM
eltharion70 Offline

RE: [MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.4.1
I tried your version 1.4. Wonderful work: D
As you have requested I notified a value of "NAN"
Game started with 1.0.4066 (latest version) Episode 2
Planet Alpha-02-3, Alpha-02-2 Xeno_ruins 1 Production Point: NAN

By the way, I'm still stuck with the Bug of the ruins, and I can not finish the episode. Wink

Thanks for the great editor.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 12:48 AM by eltharion70.)
22-08-2012 12:46 AM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Thanks Smile

(22-08-2012 12:46 AM)eltharion70 Wrote:  By the way, I'm still stuck with the Bug of the ruins, and I can not finish the episode. Wink
i've managed to overcome this bug somehow... mmm.. i've seen post somewhere on the forums that research lab construction can overcome it.
22-08-2012 08:40 AM
HuskyPup Offline

When i try to save a edited save game, it tells me "Specified Cast is not Valid" and I can't seem to figure out how to make that stop.
22-08-2012 11:55 AM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

(22-08-2012 11:55 AM)HuskyPup Wrote:  When i try to save a edited save game, it tells me "Specified Cast is not Valid" and I can't seem to figure out how to make that stop.

As i don't have input checks in the editor right now it is easy to enter unapropriate values. For example, integer instead of float. I'll try to add simple checks as soon as i will finish main content customization.

I advise you to input values in the same way they are presented in text boxes. If text box have no values it's better to leave it as it is.
22-08-2012 01:09 PM
HuskyPup Offline

(22-08-2012 01:09 PM)panthernet Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 11:55 AM)HuskyPup Wrote:  When i try to save a edited save game, it tells me "Specified Cast is not Valid" and I can't seem to figure out how to make that stop.

As i don't have input checks in the editor right now it is easy to enter unapropriate values. For example, integer instead of float. I'll try to add simple checks as soon as i will finish main content customization.

I advise you to input values in the same way they are presented in text boxes. If text box have no values it's better to leave it as it is.

I just did a test, didn't modify anything and tried to save with the program - Same thing "Specified Cast is not valid" - Running LoP 1.0.4066 / 1.4.1 on the editor.

Dunno what I did wrong though.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 01:49 PM by HuskyPup.)
22-08-2012 01:12 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

RE: [MOD APP] LOP Savegame Editor v1.5
Thanks for the report! I've fixed some bugs, should be working now Smile

Updated to version 1.5. Please see 1st post.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 02:01 PM by panthernet.)
22-08-2012 02:01 PM
HuskyPup Offline

(22-08-2012 02:01 PM)panthernet Wrote:  Thanks for the report! I've fixed some bugs, should be working now Smile

Confirmed working, thanks for the quick fix!
22-08-2012 02:10 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

(22-08-2012 02:10 PM)HuskyPup Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 02:01 PM)panthernet Wrote:  Thanks for the report! I've fixed some bugs, should be working now Smile

Confirmed working, thanks for the quick fix!
You are welcome! Smile

Haha, just finished ship cloning feature! That one will be realy funny Smile
Now i will try to do planet cloning Big Grin
22-08-2012 02:33 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Well, i'm little stuck with cloning features Sad Starsystem cloning crashes app when my ship enters new starsystem, but galaxy view works fine... strange. Ship cloning is working, Planet cloning is working also (but without space structure cloning), starlane cloning aso online.

Starsystem objects removal in working condition too... so. I'm in progress.
22-08-2012 07:30 PM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Oh god, some parts of the save files is a total mess. Why AI home systems are referenced to inexistent starsystem IDs? Why Asteroid fields have no ID either? Sad
Maybe tommorow will be the next version... sigh. I hope that the new patch will not totaly break the editor Rolleyes
23-08-2012 12:07 AM
HuskyPup Offline

Though, I do admit - I was curious if there is a way you can make the uncolonizable planets Colonizable/Unlock the building spots that the game has locked (I'm sure that has something to do with the terraformer and suitability of the planet) But, I find it annoying when i find a planet with only 2-3 spaces open for building
23-08-2012 12:11 AM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

I will look into it.
23-08-2012 10:06 AM
panthernet Offline
Rogue Developer

Sadly, can't find any dependencies to unlock unterraformed cells. May be if someone will provide a save file with completed terraforming then i will be able to datamine smth.
23-08-2012 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Contact Us | kalypso media :: website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication