Port Royale 3 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.3 only!)
My game keeps etting an internal running error. It says it cant load the binary code. The message reads as the following.

Serialization\archives\binary\binaryinarchive.cpp(13)
Error in serialization::BinaryInArchive::loadbinary
Load binary failed. unexected filesize(is:0 expected 1)

Ity occours after I start, and crashes the whole game.
Can anyone please help me?
This looks very much like an MS Visual C++ error.

Things to try:-
First Windows update
Second - make sure you have the latest version of MS Visual C++
MS Visual C redistributable - this is the latest link I have - > http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/...aspx?id=29
(I'm pretty sure this game uses 2008)

Third - try a System file check SFC
Use SFC -- > details are here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833#method1

Finally you could try to reload the game if you do come down to this option, I suggest that you do two things before reinstalling.
1. Defragment your Hard Disc -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windo...-hard-disk
2. Run Chkdisc - > http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html

This is because you seem to be getting an error accessing a Seralization file from disc.
Tried saving a trade route in multiplayer, and it just gets stuck saving and I cannot do anything. The window showing the ship rudder wheel spinning is what I see, and it won't go away no matter what I do. Had to have the host save and reload.
(19-04-2013, 08:31 AM)Hassie Wrote: Tried saving a trade route in multiplayer, and it just gets stuck saving and I cannot do anything. The window showing the ship rudder wheel spinning is what I see, and it won't go away no matter what I do. Had to have the host save and reload.
IS this PC or CONSOLE. Console you may have run out of space and need to tidy up.

For PC it's more complicated.

Mulitplayer games are saved in their own folder under SAVEGAMES.
Your "username" will need to have CREATE permissions in that folder. You should get that on your PC by default.

OPEN APPDATA (from START menu - select RUN - Type %APPDATA% and Click OK
In the dialogue window OPEN the KALYPSO MEDIA folder. Then open SAVEGAMES.

You should have your single player games in there - 18 random characters.PR3. Multiplayer games each get a 15 character folder with the savegame files in that folder.

CHECK - you can create a folder in that SAVEGAME directory. Click the white space and do NEW -> FOLDER. If that fails you don't have the correct permissions. And probably you are not the Administrator on that PC. Sepak to whoever is and ask to get permissions. Your user should have all permissions except SPECIAL in the KALYSPO MEDIA folder.

If you have permissions it maybe disc space - unlikely but - right click your system drive - usually C: - the PINK free space should show you if there's a problem. DISK CLEANUP will help.
(19-04-2013, 11:13 AM)billyplod Wrote:
(19-04-2013, 08:31 AM)Hassie Wrote: Tried saving a trade route in multiplayer, and it just gets stuck saving and I cannot do anything. The window showing the ship rudder wheel spinning is what I see, and it won't go away no matter what I do. Had to have the host save and reload.
IS this PC or CONSOLE. Console you may have run out of space and need to tidy up.

For PC it's more complicated.

Mulitplayer games are saved in their own folder under SAVEGAMES.
Your "username" will need to have CREATE permissions in that folder. You should get that on your PC by default.

OPEN APPDATA (from START menu - select RUN - Type %APPDATA% and Click OK
In the dialogue window OPEN the KALYPSO MEDIA folder. Then open SAVEGAMES.

You should have your single player games in there - 18 random characters.PR3. Multiplayer games each get a 15 character folder with the savegame files in that folder.

CHECK - you can create a folder in that SAVEGAME directory. Click the white space and do NEW -> FOLDER. If that fails you don't have the correct permissions. And probably you are not the Administrator on that PC. Sepak to whoever is and ask to get permissions. Your user should have all permissions except SPECIAL in the KALYSPO MEDIA folder.

If you have permissions it maybe disc space - unlikely but - right click your system drive - usually C: - the PINK free space should show you if there's a problem. DISK CLEANUP will help.

Ehhh well it is PC version and I have a 2 terabyte HD, so it isn't a space issue.

It only happens in multiplayer which doesn't really make sense. I am the only one that uses this PC, and I am the administrator.

I went into the appdata/roaming/kalypso media folder. There are several trade routes already saved and I can make trade route saves in Single Player, but multiplayer just causes issues.

For the time being I just went into single player, and made 15 new trade routes of the most efficient routes I could think of, and I can just load them once I am in multiplayer, but it doesn't account for where I set up warehouses, which is really just an annoyance now since I have to manually do every route that includes those.

If this does happen due to space, or write protection issues, maybe have some way to EXIT that window when it is trying to save, cuz all I could do was alt+F4 to get out of the game at that point. I couldn't bring up any menu or anything. Thanks for the response though.
If you can save in Single player games then it isn't permissions - traderoutes are all saved in the same folder. With the same naming convention, containing tr - for trade route - the number of towns on the route - and what looks like an identifier for the type of route, with some random characters..... so four things to look at ...

1. are you up to date with patches - the version should be Version V 1.3.2-29411 BS - displayed on the opening splash screen. If not get the patches and update.

2. There maybe an issue with the traderoute folder - Create a Folder somewhere else (MY DOCUMENTS for example) and move the traderoutes individually - not SELECT ALL - but one at a time. Then delete the Folder. Create your new traderoute and save it - the game will create the ......\TRADEROUTE folder.

3. Create a subfolder in Traderoutes and 'move' your current save routes in to it. Then try to create a new one and save that. It just maybe that you are getting a duplicate name - unlikely but .....

4. The one you are going to hate - reinstall.

Uninstall - make sure you clean out the APPDATA for the game, save what you need games and trade routes somewhere in MY DOCUMENTS.
I would also - Run CHKDSK /F - see below - best to do this overnight on your disc it may take a while. Worth it now and again anyway.
Download the install files again or STEAM version use DELETE LOCAL CONTENT
Reinstall game on system disc C:

Chkdsk link from UK (otherwise seach MS.COM for 'chkdsk windows 7 command line')
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magaz...72425.aspx
that's no bug!
real life also doesn't wait, while you are sleeping! Wink and even in P4 time goes on while you were fighting!
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
I have a problem when trying to play campaign. No matter how much I click the right button, it just changes from Trader to Adventurer campaign.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times, removed all DLCs, but no success.

What should I do?
@pedromvm

You need to go to the "Downloadable Content" Scroll on the top menu item to "New Adventures" and set it to "ON" in the bottom menu.
I have a veird bug. With friend we buy game on steam. We play multiplayer online session then on randomly games if we have convoy full of ammunitin all kind we can't change ammo type. Ammo icon on click goes white hear click sound but no change possible thx.
It sounds like you have a memory leak. The best thing for both of you to do is :-

Run Windows Update - and apply all the "High Priority" fixes
Run Windows Update - and apply any Optional Hardware fixes
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site

but if you save a game does it work from the save?
Yes bug exist after save game and load later some times help but it appear randomly.

Drivers up to date. All windows hotfixes installed.