Tropico 4 - Update 1.06 - Changelog
An update patching Tropico 4 to version 1.05 is now available for boxed retail and select download client owners. The Steam edition of the game is already updated to the latest version via the Steam client software.

Changelog for 1.06:

- Fixed several crash issues
- Fixed a severe slowdown issue
- Fixed uprising not ending issue
- Fixed tasks about issuing edicts that didn't disappear when completed
- Tasks for unavailable DLC buildings and edicts no longer appear
- Arrest logic improved
- Fixed some cases where citizens got stuck
- Visual behavior fixes to boats, Luxury Liner, Marina, Zoo and other buildings
- Fixed placing the Tour Office flag
- Mine upgrades are displayed and function properly
- Fixed character portrait for secret agents
- Extra Mission works properly after completing all of the available DLC missions
- Fixed issue with Modern Times disc/installer version not properly loading DLC
- Tropicans now enjoy the longest walks on the beach ever

(See the changelog for the previous version 1.05 here)
Awesome!
Great list of fixes!
What does Tropicans now enjoy the longest walks on the beaches ever maen if no awnser is recived well lets just say there will be a
conequence for every Tropican who walks on the beaches.

Apart from that fantástico. I'm sure El Presidente is happy.
(13-11-2012, 06:24 PM)Ieuan Wrote: What does Tropicans now enjoy the longest walks on the beaches mean ...

When El Cheapo Presidente does not provide enough entertainment buildings and the people can't satisfy their needs, they go for a "default" walk on the beach.

So when you have the people shot for walking on the beach, you are cutting off your cheap, ugly nose to spite your short-sighted face.

You also need to supply plenty of churches and clinics no matter how much you hate religion and health care. There are other time wasting defaults when people can't satisfy those needs.
Thank you and i was considering to arest them i do not want a ton of rebels just because a Tropican is walking on the beach
Yay! A very merry unbirthday to me, to me ...

Oh wait! I'm still at work. Awww.

A very merry unbirthday to me in two hours, in two hours ...
How dissapointing... the one single feature that just about everybody, it seems, wants (95% on the poll in one of theposts on the subject) was omitted - the ability to select old buildings when you have Modern Times! What a waste of an opportunity to make right one of the strangest decisions I've ever seen in an expansion pack (Here, buy these new buildings! But we'll take away your old ones, 'cause the new ones are so much better, right? Yey!).

I have to say this - Modern Times ruined the game for me. I always play in sandbox mode, so to have the majority of my buildings taken away at one point to be replaced by "improvements" (which aren't always the right fit for the situation, and frankly, look pretty ugly) completely kills the fun. If I do play, I have to turn off the MT buildings, with is very frustrating, so really I don't play much anymore. I guess I've been waiting for the developpers to realize the size of their screw-up, and release a patch to fix this... but when I see that you released a patch that DIDN'T address this, well, I guess I'll throw my hands in the air and give up. I'm done with Tropico. It's really a shame...
Please take note of the bugs in the challange editor. I have found some in version 1.06.

For details see the challange editor thread.
PLEASE add in the ability to use the modern times OR classic buildings in Sandbox. I understand forcing the choice in the campaign but come on, give us a break!
(13-12-2012, 11:37 AM)Psyckosama Wrote: PLEASE add in the ability to use the modern times OR classic buildings in Sandbox. I understand forcing the choice in the campaign but come on, give us a break!

Unless you can get Kalypso to change their mind, this will not happen:

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid161098
(17-12-2012, 05:53 PM)Rebel-Yell Wrote:
(13-12-2012, 11:37 AM)Psyckosama Wrote: PLEASE add in the ability to use the modern times OR classic buildings in Sandbox. I understand forcing the choice in the campaign but come on, give us a break!

Unless you can get Kalypso to change their mind, this will not happen:

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread...#pid161098

Disappointing, to say the least, considering it's probably the main reason why I haven't played Tropico 4 in quite a long time. Oh well, no more wasting money on DLC on you, Kalypso.
Did you also optimize the graphics rendering? After this patch, the game runs smoother while playing on Ultra settings - at least on my notebook.
(23-12-2012, 11:05 AM)Vodahmin Wrote: Did you also optimize the graphics rendering? After this patch, the game runs smoother while playing on Ultra settings - at least on my notebook.

If you run an nvidia graphics card, one of the recent updates actually optimized a number of nvidia cards to run tropico 4 up to (from memory) 12% better
(23-12-2012, 12:51 PM)mwyeoh Wrote:
(23-12-2012, 11:05 AM)Vodahmin Wrote: Did you also optimize the graphics rendering? After this patch, the game runs smoother while playing on Ultra settings - at least on my notebook.

If you run an nvidia graphics card, one of the recent updates actually optimized a number of nvidia cards to run tropico 4 up to (from memory) 12% better

Indeed, I'm running it on my NVIDIA. Makes sense now.
My Tropico 4 from Amazon digital downloads is still at 1.00.256. There is no update option. Will there ever be an update for Amazon customers?

I have deleted the game and reinstalled the installer and then the game to see if the new downloaded version would have been the updated version, but nope.