Tropico 3 PC Demo released!
Worms/Bracknell/Baltimore 11th September, 2009

Kalypso Media today release the demo version of the upcoming strategy game TROPICO 3. Take control of El Presidente and play the game tutorial and the first two missions of the full version.

MISSION 1: Bananas
The abdication of the old Presidente of St. Helena provided the perfect opportunity for your rise to power. Now as the head of state it is your job to lead this small island nation to a new age of prosperity.

St. Helena is a modest island with rich and fertile lands, which have attracted the attention of the American food conglomerate Fruitas LTD. You should make use of the gringos to secure the financial future of the island as well as your own Swiss Bank Account.

MISSION 2: Second Chance
The band of rebels led by your twin managed to drive you out of your own island. Taking the entire treasury, you hitched a ride on an old fishing boat, seeking refuge in your summer residence on the island of El Acantilado.

Chased away from their own homes, your most loyal supporters have followed you. Taking the burden of leadership once again you have promised them a fresh start. Your new island is a poor and dry hunk of rock. Several rich iron ore deposits are its only viable resources…..

Tropico 3 goes back to the roots of the hit strategy series closely following the original Tropico story-line. Tropico 3 is being developed by Haemimont Games who previously developed the popular Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome for Kalypso Media.

Download Mirrors (Multilanguage Demo):
Download @ Fileplanet.com
Download @ Jeuxvideo
Download @ clubic.com
Download @ worthdownloading.com
Download @ Atomicgamer.com
Download @ Filefront.com
Download @ Gamersgate.com
Download @ Fileshack.com
Download @ Gamershell.com
Download @ Strategygamer.com
too late Wink
Thanks!

I hope I'm downloading the right file! I don't speak French!
The demo is multi-language: English, German, French, Spanish and Italian included.
thanks you guys Big Grin
Finally, heh never in my life I would have thought that I'd waited for the demoWink thank you and look forward to the full version

PS: Sorry
for my englishWink
Very nice to hear!

But why 1,10 GB for a demo?
eagle Wrote:But why 1,10 GB for a demo?
A demo of this size isn't exactly uncommon these days. And the Tropico 3 includes full voice-overs for English, French, German, Spanish and Italian languages.
New mirrors:

Download @ worthdownloading.com
Download @ Atomicgamer.com
thanks for ur efforts kalypso team
the US mirror at worthplaying.com leads to a file size of around 300mb, it cannot be the demo.

http://www.filefront.com/14510761/Tropico3_PC_Demo.exe/
Probably not fully uploaded yet?
Timo Wrote:
eagle Wrote:But why 1,10 GB for a demo?
A demo of this size isn't exactly uncommon these days. And the Tropico 3 includes full voice-overs for English, French, German, Spanish and Italian languages.

Sorry, I haven't downloaded demo's for years Tongue
That's strange because the demo is definately 1,1gb
Just as I feared. My single core CPU is just not enough. Even on the lowest graphics, the simulation only moves every 5-6 seconds by a tiny amount (visible on the citizens), no matter the setting of time compression.

Graphics certeanly do not make my rig crawl, since on pause, the game is relatively smooth, although CPU usage still cause an occasional hickup.

What's more suprising is that in the demo, I've seen nothing the old game didn't do simulation-wise, aside a few neat new features, but even those do not justify why a single core CPU cannot handle the game's mechanics.

Too bad that these days, even games that do not justify the usage of dual/quad cores, are still unplayable on old systems.
You can't just differentiate the CPU simulation and GPU rendering on your machine like that. We could further assess the situation if you would post your detailed system information. Does your system even match the minimum required configuration?
The game crashed for me about 5-10 mins into the campaign.. Just froze and the screen went blank forcing me to force shutdown. My graphics card has been stability tested thoroughly and is stable. And my CPU and ram has also been deemed stable (12hrs prime)..

Is this a known issue? Perhaps driver conflicts? I haven't gone back into the game to see if it'll crash again.

Also with my high clocked 4870X2 (along with a Q6600 @3.6GHz and 2GB ram) I am unable to run the demo smoothly on Ultra settings (1680 res), even without any AA. The fps averages in the high 30's/low 40's, often dropping down to the mid 20's.

By the way, I'm using the 9.8 catalyst drivers
great so far, looks pretty and runs decently on my q6600/8800gt - most settings set to high, with AA set at low. 1680x1050.

btw, if you click on news from main menu, it says welcome to closed beta of tropcio 3.
Finally, I don't think I have ever been so amped to get a demo before. I got the "Christmas Morning" feeling when I noticed it was up and ready for download.

I'll be sure to post it on my clan website, edgegamers.org.
It seems Filefront.com have fixed their download mirror: http://www.filefront.com/14511677/Tropic...able-Demo/
Why, I ask why?! Why must I forget about this forum just today. Sad (btw, great game, can't wait until it's installed)
Timo Wrote:You can't just differentiate the CPU simulation and GPU rendering on your machine like that. We could further assess the situation if you would post your detailed system information. Does your system even match the minimum required configuration?
Actually, it's really noticable that the problem on my computer is the lack of CPU horsepower. The most obvious indication is that everything happens in steps. For a few seconds, the game stands still, not even zooming works, but when it comes to its senses, about half a second long gameplay will play out, then stops again, and during that time, the game runs smooth, the animations are fluid, the zooming is done fast. So graphics rendering is done quite well.

For my system specs (taken straight from a DXdiag file) :

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Graphics-wise, it's perfectly fluid in the lowest of settings, but even high-end wouldn't really bother it too much (tried it, more than playable for a strategic game). Only CPU seem to hold it back.

As for the minimum requirements, I haven't found any here, nor on the game's site.

But no worries. Once I finish saving enough money for a new rig, T3 will be among the first game I'll get.
any torrents around yet? Smile
I was hoping they'd have this on FP too. I get crappy download speeds from everyone else. :\
And by crappy I mean 80kb/s or so.
It's on Fileplanet.com, but for registered members only: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/dem...o-3_2.aspx
I'm registered, but not a subscriber.

Oh well, I'm getting almost 500 kb/s from that french website anyway. Big Grin
downloading with 700 kB/s (max for me) from jeuxvideo
Would it be legal to create a torrent with the demo? It would be saving bandwidth on the mirrors.. Smile
New demo mirror from Gamersgate.com: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TROPICO3/tropico-3
fujiwos Wrote:downloading with 700 kB/s (max for me) from jeuxvideo
Would it be legal to create a torrent with the demo? It would be saving bandwidth on the mirrors.. Smile

Thanks for the info, I can download it at 1,5 MB/s. It takes 12/15 minutes... not bad at all!

NO REGISTRATION is needed, and it's Multilanguage: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

Arkimedes
Gamespot.com mirror - for registered members only: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/trop...17189.html