Omerta Modding Options
Something like:
Code:
lua chunkspy.lua --auto filename.cspy

Then you work out what's going on in memory... and yes.

You're basically reverse engineering by rebuilding the logic from computer instructions. In this case it's a Lua virtual machine.
"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know" ― Cicero.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
(03-03-2013, 10:39 AM)Swixel Wrote: Something like:
Code:
lua chunkspy.lua --auto filename.cspy

Then you work out what's going on in memory... and yes.

You're basically reverse engineering by rebuilding the logic from computer instructions. In this case it's a Lua virtual machine.

Where do I type in that code?
On Windows, cmd; on Linux or OSX, in a terminal.

You'll need the PDF to decipher what's happening. Once you start to see patterns in opcodes and behaviours it gets easier ... A test (of various kinds) is always followed by a JMP, which is where the "end" in Lua goes. But if you have a jump prior to that, it's an else, (etc.).

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
(04-03-2013, 01:58 AM)Swixel Wrote: On Windows, cmd; on Linux or OSX, in a terminal.

You'll need the PDF to decipher what's happening. Once you start to see patterns in opcodes and behaviours it gets easier ... A test (of various kinds) is always followed by a JMP, which is where the "end" in Lua goes. But if you have a jump prior to that, it's an else, (etc.).

I typed that in cmd, it tells me "'lua' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"
It generally helps to have Lua if you want to use Lua ... http://www.lua.org/

(04-03-2013, 02:03 AM)Swixel Wrote: It generally helps to have Lua if you want to use Lua ... http://www.lua.org/

Oh hey see, I didn't know that lua was a program. I thought it was just a file type like .txt, to be edited by notepad.
Fair enough. It probably helps to know it's a scripting language. Most of the game's logic runs through it.

Hey, I've been changing the henchman icons and boss icons and now is the time to rename them.
So I go on Excel to change the names but ofcourse as soon as I change it the game crashes when I apply change.
I think the problem is with the Excel since when I save the game.csv it saves it in a different file format from the one that it was originally, It tells me that some functions might not be compatible bla bla bla.

Some help would be nice Smile

If some one could change the game.csv for me that be real nice Smile
If it is a format thing then the simple solution is to read in Excel (as it correctly identifies columns) and to edit in something else (notepad++, sublime text, etc.); if that's the case it's probably localisation settings (mine seems to work, but I tweak mine semi-regularly).

Otherwise the crash (check the logs?) may be that you're missing an otherwise insignificant text file.

Yes, that's why I've only used notepad to change the names.

If you want to change the name you have to make sure not to change everything, else it will crash..

For example:

3268,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",Data/CombatUnitDef.lua(00280),CombatUnitDef Big Man display_name,,,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson"","Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",,OK

You can only change the 2nd and 3rd time the name comes by:

3268,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",Data/CombatUnitDef.lua(00280),CombatUnitDef Big Man display_name,,,153598,"Notorious B.I.G.","Notorious B.I.G.",,OK
Thanks I'll try that.
(15-02-2013, 11:50 PM)netnerd85 Wrote: Has anyone changed the camera to rotate like Grand Ages Rome?
Anyone figured out how to mod the camera yet?
(12-04-2013, 11:15 PM)Fireman Wrote: Yes, that's why I've only used notepad to change the names.

If you want to change the name you have to make sure not to change everything, else it will crash..

For example:

3268,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",Data/CombatUnitDef.lua(00280),CombatUnitDef Big Man display_name,,,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson"","Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",,OK

3268,153598,"Walker ""Big Man"" Johnson",Data/CombatUnitDef.lua(00280),CombatUnitDef Big Man display_name,,,153598,"Notorious B.I.G.","Notorious B.I.G.",,OK

I was trying to make some changes to the character portraits and the pistol images as well. Here is what I came up with:

[font=Times New Roman]Character Portraits[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Big Man ♦ Frank "Wolf" Joseph ♦ Luigi "Fixit" Tucci
Notorious B.I.G. ♦ Denzel Washington ♦ Van "The Hunter" Pelt

From left to right[/font]
-

@Fireman I think the Notorious B.I.G. Character Portrait was a great idea. I wanted remake the original picture to match the other portrait formats as close as possible.

[font=Times New Roman]Weapons[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Exceptional Pistol ♦ Unarmed ♦ Good Unarmed ♦ Exceptional Unarmed[/font]
From left to right
-

Feel Free to Use The Pictures
(25-06-2013, 05:15 AM)INSTiNCT Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 11:15 PM)Fireman Wrote: Yes, that's why I've only used notepad to change the names.

For example:

I was trying to make some changes to the character portraits and the pistol images as well. Here is what I came up with:

[b][font=Times New Roman]Big Man ♦ Frank "Wolf" Joseph ♦ Luigi "Fixit" Tucci
Notorious B.I.G. ♦ Denzel Washington ♦ Van "The Hunter" Pelt

@Fireman I think the Notorious B.I.G. Character Portrait was a great idea. I wanted remake the original picture to match the other portrait formats as close as possible.

They look fantastic!

I'm horrible with Photoshop, so mine didn't look very much as the original ones. These are a lot better. Especially Van Pelt looks awesome.