Account Activation Email - HELP?!
I am not getting my account activation email in order to launch this game. It has been over an hour now.

Although I did get this forum registration email right away... what gives?!

Currently I am not able to login to play due to this.Sad
Did you check your spam filter? The confirmation emails are sent automatically by the registration server within seconds.
(31-01-2013, 09:56 PM)Timo Wrote: Did you check your spam filter? The confirmation emails are sent automatically by the registration server within seconds.

Of course, nothing is coming in as Spam either.

Is there any other way to register this game? Maybe the built in registration piece is broken? Can Kalypso validate my account some other way, or send a confirmation email by any other means? Even asking it to re-send the confirmation does nothing.
(31-01-2013, 09:58 PM)Tendeep Wrote:
(31-01-2013, 09:56 PM)Timo Wrote: Did you check your spam filter? The confirmation emails are sent automatically by the registration server within seconds.

Of course, nothing is coming in as Spam either.

I am having the same problem. I have clicked on re-send a bunch of times too. I just registered to these forums and got the email with no problem. So stupid, its 2013 you think there would be no issues with email any more.

Yes I purchased through Steam as well.
More and more users (from STEAM) are posting that they are not getting this either...

Can we get a body to investigate please?

Anything? Is this just not "large scale" enough to get someone to look into?
I finally got the email and confirmed. FINALLY! Somebody must have tripped over the power cable to the email server of theirs. Big Grin
(31-01-2013, 10:40 PM)Helbourne Wrote: I finally got the email and confirmed. FINALLY! Somebody must have tripped over the power cable to the email server of theirs. Big Grin

Very lucky, I am still not able to recieve mine. lol

Almost 3 hours later now... Anything?

Cant customer support contact us and validate our emails some other way?

I cant even use your company launcher because it says my account still needs activated, but I am unable to do so because the email never comes!

Can I get your email address that sends these automated responses at least so I can see if my ISP is blocking them?

Anything?

Little upset that I purchased media I cant even access...
I'm having the same problem. No confirmation email. It has been a couple of hours now. My spam folder is empty.
(31-01-2013, 11:15 PM)genzu Wrote: I'm having the same problem. No confirmation email. It has been a couple of hours now. My spam folder is empty.

Update please?

After doing a forum search it appears you tend to have this problem often... so I would expect a solution more rapidly than 3 hours later...?

(31-01-2013, 11:17 PM)Tendeep Wrote:
(31-01-2013, 11:15 PM)genzu Wrote: I'm having the same problem. No confirmation email. It has been a couple of hours now. My spam folder is empty.

Update please?

After doing a forum search it appears you tend to have this problem often... so I would expect a solution more rapidly than 3 hours later...?

Just contacted my ISP @ comcast.net they do not blacklist, block, or quarentine any emails from any domains... so this has to be on your end guys and gals.

Update please?

Update please?

Just contacted my ISP @ comcast.net they do not blacklist, block, or quarentine any emails from any domains... so this has to be on your end guys and gals.

It is possible to get someone to look at my account, and figure out why your activation emails are not coming through? I am stuck in Limbo here Kalypso. Can an admin maybe even delete my email and let me try to register again? Anything? It is very frustrating purchasing a prodcut you can not use.

I have already email your customer support, on average, how long does it take them to reply?
UPDATE:
Recieved activaion email 4-5 hours later.

Mail Server lag, someone took a look and helped, or a random act of IT kindness by the IT gods, either way in now!

If Kalypso had a hand in it, thanks gang. *tips hat*
I finally got it working. I had to use a different email provider. It just didn't want to accept comcast.net for whatever reason. I waited over 10 hours and no confirmation showed up. I switched provider and instantly received a confirmation email. Just updating to help anyone else having problems.
We've heard reports about this issue before. It appears some ISPs and/or email providers delay the delivery of mails from our domain for whatever reason. If you're affected, please contact your provider for assistance or switch to an email address from a different provider.
It would have saved a lot of lost goodwill if you had tested your email system with some of the major email providers before releasing the game. Comcast is not exactly an uncommon ISP.

Not to mention the choice to force registration to this extent on customers when it isn't even a method of DRM.
it's been 3 hours and i STILL have not received my authorization to play the game. Considering i bought the game on the 25th, installed on the 31st and it's now the 2nd of February - and i am still NOT able to play is frustrating to say the least. Please get your act together and get those emails out or change how people can sign in.
it's now been 2 MORE hours - and still no email from the company. Is this really how you treat your consumers? like crap? i'm obviously far from the only one having this problem. No responses - no emails. not a good way to do business.
just wonderful - approaching 6 hours of no email - and no responses. at all. what's up?
(01-02-2013, 02:49 PM)Timo Wrote: We've heard reports about this issue before. It appears some ISPs and/or email providers delay the delivery of mails from our domain for whatever reason. If you're affected, please contact your provider for assistance or switch to an email address from a different provider.

Sending out a lot of nearly identical emails will trip spam filters almost everywhere, often resulting in a temporary blacklist ...

(01-02-2013, 05:16 PM)Murbella Wrote: It would have saved a lot of lost goodwill if you had tested your email system with some of the major email providers before releasing the game. Comcast is not exactly an uncommon ISP.

Not to mention the choice to force registration to this extent on customers when it isn't even a method of DRM.

It amuses me when people think that things work that way, as if ISPs would let you test a system like that -- hell, my ISP blacklisted Steam at one point, that made SteamGuard totally viable; and you had a choice to get the GOG version which appears to have no launcher.
"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know" ― Cicero.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
it's now been 7.5 hours - and not a single email - and no responses either. This is absurd.
guess what - 10 hours and STILL NO FRIGGING EMAIL!!!!!!! Either send me the email or give me my money back!
(02-02-2013, 08:05 PM)Paks Wrote: it's been 3 hours and i STILL have not received my authorization to play the game. Considering i bought the game on the 25th, installed on the 31st and it's now the 2nd of February - and i am still NOT able to play is frustrating to say the least. Please get your act together and get those emails out or change how people can sign in.

(02-02-2013, 11:50 PM)Paks Wrote: just wonderful - approaching 6 hours of no email - and no responses. at all. what's up?

(02-02-2013, 10:03 PM)Paks Wrote: it's now been 2 MORE hours - and still no email from the company. Is this really how you treat your consumers? like crap? i'm obviously far from the only one having this problem. No responses - no emails. not a good way to do business.

(03-02-2013, 03:08 AM)Paks Wrote: guess what - 10 hours and STILL NO FRIGGING EMAIL!!!!!!! Either send me the email or give me my money back!

Uh ... you're not with ComCast are you?

(01-02-2013, 02:44 PM)genzu Wrote: I finally got it working. I had to use a different email provider. It just didn't want to accept comcast.net for whatever reason. I waited over 10 hours and no confirmation showed up. I switched provider and instantly received a confirmation email. Just updating to help anyone else having problems.

Or another ISP which arbitrarily delays when a large volume comes through?

(01-02-2013, 02:49 PM)Timo Wrote: We've heard reports about this issue before. It appears some ISPs and/or email providers delay the delivery of mails from our domain for whatever reason. If you're affected, please contact your provider for assistance or switch to an email address from a different provider.

All they can do is send it. It's not like Kalypso are an unknown either, and they can't handshake every single email provider in the world.

Also, you're demanding support on a weekend? Really?
"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know" ― Cicero.

"You had to hand it to the Patrician, he admitted grudgingly. If you didn't, he sent men to come and take it away." ― Terry Pratchett (Guards! Guards!)
So - it's been more than 21 hours - and still no email. and yes i do expect and demand support on a weekend. That's what you are supposed to get and that's what they promise. so - how about fulfilling at least the minor duties you are supposed to do.
STILL NOTHING!!!!! - this is bullshit. I paid money for this game. Either give me the email and let me play - or give me my money back - full refund.
does anyone else have this problem right now?
as metioned this is a problem with your email provider. we will contact the developer to set you up manually tomorrow.
Yeah, I never got my account activation email either. And when I try to reset my password, an email is never sent. How do I login to play without a proper account? Tried using this login info too , with no luck.
As a follow up, I received an email to change my password but every time I click the link I get sent to a page that says : "Invalid or outdated password token."

Sigh. I wish I could play!
it looks like that comcast email addresse are sometimes blocked.
(04-02-2013, 10:58 PM)Walt Wrote: it looks like that comcast email addresse are sometimes blocked.

Well, sent an official email to support@kalypsomedia.com.

I don't know if they'll resolve it, or work around the email issues. It is too bad that Comcast emails are providing problems.
We're aware of the Comcast issue and working on it. So far, we have yet to reach anyone at Comcast who seems to be willing to address this. We believe that @kalypsomedia.com emails are being blacklisted or delayed by Comcast for a high amount of traffic over the recent days due to the launch of Omerta. If you're affected, please contact support@kalypsomedia.com and ask for a manual activation of your account.

As stated before, an alternate solution is to use any freemail provider as there appear to be no problems.
Your account should be active by now.