Ordered on Amazon - question
So, I finally caved in and bought BIA on Amazon.de because it's 10 Euros cheaper than on Steam (no German forum for BIA btw?) but I got a question - do I simply use the CD key that comes with the game and download via Steam or does this not work and I need a regular install instead? I'm asking because I've had a similar issue with Anno 2070 where it wouldn't recognize my Uplay key on Steam...

Anyways, looking forward to playing, liked the demo although it doesn't have TRUE JA feeling (turn based missing) yet the timed actions make up for it - you guys gotta bully bitcomposer into giving us more JA goodness Tongue
(05-02-2013, 07:11 AM)Harmor Wrote: - do I simply use the CD key that comes with the game and download via Steam or does this not work and I need a regular install instead? I'm asking because I've had a similar issue with Anno 2070 where it wouldn't recognize my Uplay key on Steam...

Both options should work. There is no additional key/registration needed for JABIA so it's just a plain and simple Steam installation/activation.

P.S.: The German language forums for Jagged Alliance: Back in Action are being hosted and run by Bitcomposer: http://boards.jaggedalliance.com/
(05-02-2013, 06:10 PM)Timo Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 07:11 AM)Harmor Wrote: - do I simply use the CD key that comes with the game and download via Steam or does this not work and I need a regular install instead? I'm asking because I've had a similar issue with Anno 2070 where it wouldn't recognize my Uplay key on Steam...

Both options should work. There is no additional key/registration needed for JABIA so it's just a plain and simple Steam installation/activation.

P.S.: The German language forums for Jagged Alliance: Back in Action are being hosted and run by Bitcomposer: http://boards.jaggedalliance.com/

Right - and dang, 9,27 € on Rakuten.de - can't beat that, Amazon order was promptly cancelled ^^. Now waiting for the Steam key or the original copy, whatever they'll send (it's not quite clear on the webby tbh). While the demo made me ragequit more often than I care to remember it's fun to play anyways ^^.