Missing Serial Number in Tropico Trilogy (Target)
Bought the Tropico Trilogy at Target. When I installed it is asking for SN. There is no serial number on the disk, sled, sleeve... feeling frustrated that I bought something opened it, installed it and I don't have all the information required from the vendor.

Help!?!?!?

Thanks!
the serial is typically on the back of the manual, or the inside cover, sometimes a card that is slipped in...

If not, contact kaylpsosupport.com
(03-11-2013, 02:36 AM)timothy_mcrae77 Wrote: Oh man if only I had thought to look in the package. ... Idiot could you be less helpful.

I will never understand why people go out of their way and register on a forum to say things like this.

As stated, if you're affected please contact support@kalypsomedia.com for assistance.
I purchased the Tropico Trilogy today November 19th 2013 from Target, and there is no manual, no insert page, and no sticker of any kind with a serial. I even have the cellophane still.

I attempted twice to e-mail support and my e-mails are being returned as delivery-failed
(03-11-2013, 02:36 AM)timothy_mcrae77 Wrote: Oh man if only I had thought to look in the package. ... Idiot could you be less helpful.

(14-10-2013, 03:10 PM)Tropije Wrote: If not, contact kaylpsosupport.com

i think giving you the dyslexic response was less helpful, opps. I often find playing find the serial, an interesting pass time when i get new games, typically it is in a place i did not check..... Note to self, don't forget the "media"

For the non dyslexics..

support@kaylpsomedia.com
(21-11-2013, 12:12 AM)Tropije Wrote:

(14-10-2013, 03:10 PM)Tropije Wrote: If not, contact kaylpsosupport.com

i think giving you the dyslexic response was less helpful, opps. I often find playing find the serial, an interesting pass time when i get new games, typically it is in a place i did not check..... Note to self, don't forget the "media"

For the non dyslexics..

support@kaylpsomedia.com

Hello Timothy, Tropi'je,
I've had the same thing occur to me as well. I bought the same version of the game, a basic 2 CD case with cover slip and no serial number attached to the packaging. I wonder if its a quality control issue/oversight. I couldn't help but notice the Haemimont offices have their own email address. I've fired off 2 emails to the above email address, both times were bounced back and so tried info@haemimontgames.com as an alternate. I was really looking forward to this one.

John
(13-10-2013, 08:49 PM)MadFishGuy Wrote: Bought the Tropico Trilogy at Target. When I installed it is asking for SN. There is no serial number on the disk, sled, sleeve... feeling frustrated that I bought something opened it, installed it and I don't have all the information required from the vendor.

Help!?!?!?

I bought mine at a local video game shop downtown and they were surprised as I was the game didn't have a proper serial number for Tropico Reloaded. I did fire off 2 emails to support@kaylpsomedia.com, yet no response.
Now, what recourse do I and the others above have? The store will not refund my game now that its opened.

Sincerely,
John

Thanks!
our office is closed until january, 6.
our support team will come back to you asap.
I have the same exact issue. I purchased the jewel case "Tropico Trilogy" at Target, it came with no documentation of any kind. Just two DVDs, case, paper cover, and plastic wrap.

Great quality control at the factory there. This was a perfectly sealed package and was not tampered with in any way.
I solved the problem.

I took the trilogy back to Target and got a cash refund after explaining the problem. Didn't need to worry about Kalypso turning off their customer service email, got my hand filled with cold hard cash instead!
Same issue, bought at Target and there is no Serial Number anywhere in the package- and to avoid the obvious, yes I know where to look for the SN. I've been buying software for about 30 years now... but of course there is always a new person who does not know common practice. However, the forum gurus here should be aware by now that this is not a random error- it's not a new issue and sounds like many/all? these retail packages are missing the SN. The suggestion "contact support" sounds very vague (e.g. go away) without a specific reason.

RESOLVED: So here is a reason. I emailed support@kalypsomedia.com and being proactive I attached a photo of the box, CD, and receipt (nothing said they needed it but I don't like email tennis... back and forth etc.). They replied about 12 hours later with an apology and an SN to use. So not a terrible delay for me all things considered- but your results may vary.

The CD label says in very small print "Need Help? Please visit support.viva-media.com to open a customer support ticket". It looks like Viva Media is the distributor and I wonder if this was a stupid error or intentional. There are 2 known issues for Tropico Trilogy in their database and 1 is missing SN. I had logged a case there as well but have not heard back yet.

On the box it should list an additional requirement - REQUIRES ACTIVATION with a support ticket and 1 day waiting period (if their offices are open). I think it is reasonable if people buy a game on Monday they want to play it on Monday, not Tuesday or Thursday or next week after the holidays. So yes, this is a FAIL in terms of meeting reasonable customer expectations. If the store had any more copies I would advise the manager to remove/return them, they don't need to deal with angry customers.
(14-10-2013, 03:10 PM)Tropije Wrote: the serial is typically on the back of the manual, or the inside cover, sometimes a card that is slipped in...

If not, contact kaylpsosupport.com

TROPICO TRILOGY doesn't come with a manual.
(02-04-2014, 01:00 AM)timmark Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 04:55 PM)BlackJack00 Wrote: ... RESOLVED: So here is a reason. I emailed support@kalypsomedia.com ... They replied about 12 hours later with an apology and an SN to use. ...

tinmark: Please send a SN I can use for this game I bought. Thank you!

whaaaat...??? uh, no. You need to email them, just as I did. Sorry if my post was not clear. E - M - A - I - L !

I came back and posted my experience of what worked for me, so people wouldn't continue that question (which obviously doesn't work). I never did hear from Viva Media either.

Maybe if this is not obvious to everyone, this forum is not the email support channel. I am not an employee. People still know how to use email, right? It's not too old school? Hey man, just tryin' to help. Wink
Best of luck!