Poll: Which mods do you use or intend to use?
AltBiofarms
Custom Immigration
Gender Equality
LockNot
NoBells
NoFireAlarms
No Limits
QuickDestroy
RoadCheat
WindTurbineUpgrade
[Show Results]

[MOD] Tropico 4 Mod Index
Greetings El Presidentes

Rather than update the bottom sections of my mod posts I am creating this one thread with links to all the mods. All mods authored by me unless stated otherwise.

WARNING: Using a mod voids eligibility for customer support from the game publisher.
  • Alt Biofarms
    • Allows BioFarms to grow one specific crop. Great for specific cash criops!
    • Thread
    • Download
  • Custom Immigration 2
    • Alters immigration sources
    • Alters child's origin and naming system
    • Thread
  • Gender Equality (Updated March 9, 2014)
    • Custom Edict to eliminate gender restrictions on most jobs
    • Thread
    • Download
  • LockNot
  • NoBells
    • Silences the church bell sound when clicking on churches and cathedrals.
    • Thread
    • Download
  • NoFireAlarms
  • NoLimits
    • Removes population limits
    • Author: Swixel
    • Thread
    • See thread for install instructions
  • QuickDestroy
    • Hold down SHIFT while selecting a building with the demolish tool and it will be destroyed right away (after exiting the demolish tool)
    • Download
  • Quick Tornado
  • RoadCheat
  • WindTurbineUpgrade
    • Adds an upgrade to Wind Turbines to increase power output
    • Download

Mod Installation

Most mods simply require that you place the mod file in the proper directory. First you need to know the folder that Tropico 4 is installed in. I bought the game through Steam so for me it is in:
Code:
C:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Tropico 4\

Most mods will need to be placed in the Tropico 4\Game\ folder. So for my steam install:
Code:
C:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Tropico 4\Game

Other mods, like Gender Equality, require placement in the newest DLC folder that you have installed. My mods that have this requirement will come with all the DLC folders inside the zip file. You just need to extract them ALL to the Tropico 4 folder. The folder structure will look like:
Code:
\Tropico 4\Eastpoint\game\
\Tropico 4\ex\game\
\Tropico 4\game\
\Tropico 4\NuclearTakedown\game\
\Tropico 4\Propaganda\game\
\Tropico 4\Voodoo\game\

Troubleshooting

If a mod does not seem to be working one of the best ways you can troubleshoot it is to check your game's log files. My mods will print some general information to the log file (usually to state that the mod has loaded)

The log files can be found under:
Code:
\Appdata\roaming\Tropico 4\logs\

If you do not know where your Appdata folder is there are lots of tutorials online to help you. The quick and easy way is to go to Start and search for: %AppData%. That should take you to Appdata\roaming\

I have moved on to playing and modding Tropico 5. These mods should still be functional but I will not be expanding on them or creating more for Tropico 4. It's too much of a headache to switch back and forth between the two. Sorry.
New version of Gender Equality is now available. This is a critical bug fix. All users of this mod should update. See thread or download directly from the link in the first post.
Updated the main post to reflect the new version of Custom Immigration.
Added two new sections to the first post:

Mod Installation
Troubleshooting
I hate to be tragically noob, but I placed these files in the folders mention throughout the forum and nothing seems to work. My steam folder (I also purchased Tropico via steam) doesn't have a "common" folder nor a Tropico 4 folder. Any ideas?
(30-03-2014, 04:46 PM)reykjavik2012 Wrote: I hate to be tragically noob, but I placed these files in the folders mention throughout the forum and nothing seems to work. My steam folder (I also purchased Tropico via steam) doesn't have a "common" folder nor a Tropico 4 folder. Any ideas?

Search your computer for Tropico4.exe. The folder it is in will be your Tropico 4 folder.
(31-03-2014, 12:58 PM)DarthPresidente Wrote:
(30-03-2014, 04:46 PM)reykjavik2012 Wrote: I hate to be tragically noob, but I placed these files in the folders mention throughout the forum and nothing seems to work. My steam folder (I also purchased Tropico via steam) doesn't have a "common" folder nor a Tropico 4 folder. Any ideas?

Search your computer for Tropico4.exe. The folder it is in will be your Tropico 4 folder.

Thank you!! I forgot I had the game installed to my backup drive which is why I couldn't find the folder.

That being said, with the No Limit Mod, it simply says to "make a file" using the code. I made a txt doc and pasted the coded into it and saved it according to the name per the instructions. I presume that won't work as that seems to simple. Any ideas on how to make an actual official .lua file?
Edited the first post to add the new mod: Quick Tornado. Enjoy
(31-03-2014, 04:05 PM)reykjavik2012 Wrote: Any ideas on how to make an actual official .lua file?
A lua file is just a text file with the extension .lua. Notepad will do.
I've been doing some pathfiding tests and tried to use the QuickDestroy mod to help get things done quickly but it doesn't seem to be working.

The road overlay mod works fine, so stuff is loading.

I checked the logs and this appears for the QuickDestroy mod, it appears at the top just before where the sound-devices are enumerated.
Code:
[Console Error] QuickDestroy Snippet by DarthPresidente loaded...
[Console Error]     SourceFile: game/quickdestroy.lua
                                                                            @ 1170, 811

While the RoadCheat load message is much later and doesn't have the Console Error:

Code:
RoadCheat mod by DarthPresidente loaded...
    Version:      1.0
    SourceFile: game/roadcheat.lua
                                                                            @ 8518, 281

Any idea why this would happen?

EDIT:

Just realised that [Console Error] is probably because I added in a test file to see if the installer was set up wrong. In the zip file there's no just straight /Tropico 4/Game/ folder, so I put a copy of the QuickDestroy file in there as well.

If I remove that file (which isn't in the zip by default) I don't even get the QuickDestroy message in my log file. So it doesn't look like it's getting loaded at all.
(18-04-2014, 12:03 PM)bluesatin Wrote: Just realised that [Console Error] is probably because I added in a test file to see if the installer was set up wrong. In the zip file there's no just straight /Tropico 4/Game/ folder, so I put a copy of the QuickDestroy file in there as well.

If I remove that file (which isn't in the zip by default) I don't even get the QuickDestroy message in my log file. So it doesn't look like it's getting loaded at all.

Sorry for the delayed response. I just recently got internet hooked back up after moving...

QuickDestroy and RoadCheat are two different types of mods so where they go and how they behave will be different. QuickDestroy should never be in Tropico 4\Game. It should be in the folder of the most recently released DLC that you have.

Which DLCs do you have?
(28-04-2014, 05:44 PM)DarthPresidente Wrote:
(18-04-2014, 12:03 PM)bluesatin Wrote: Just realised that [Console Error] is probably because I added in a test file to see if the installer was set up wrong. In the zip file there's no just straight /Tropico 4/Game/ folder, so I put a copy of the QuickDestroy file in there as well.

Sorry for the delayed response. I just recently got internet hooked back up after moving...

QuickDestroy and RoadCheat are two different types of mods so where they go and how they behave will be different. QuickDestroy should never be in Tropico 4\Game. It should be in the folder of the most recently released DLC that you have.

Which DLCs do you have?

I've got up to the Vigilante DLC (including modern times), Steam version.

I've got it installed as the readme lists now, with the 5 extra folders of EastPoint, ex, NuclearTakedown etc.
(28-04-2014, 05:57 PM)bluesatin Wrote: I've got up to the Vigilante DLC (including modern times), Steam version.

I've got it installed as the readme lists now, with the 5 extra folders of EastPoint, ex, NuclearTakedown etc.

Oops. Look like I forgot about that DLC even though I own it. I will update the downloads some time tomorrow if I get a chance. In the mean time place the file in "Tropico 4\Vigilante\game\" and it should load. Do the same with any of my other mods that have this time of structure.
Presumably in the future if people want to know what to name a folder to load the .lua files, can they just check their Tropico 4 logs under:
Code:
%appdata%/Tropico 4/Logs

For the section where it lists the "loading Lua" below it?

For example in my .log files, it lists this:
Code:
All DLCs mounted, loading Lua
1 dlc/Vigilante.lua
2 dlc/Update1.lua
3 dlc/PirateHaven.lua
4 dlc/Megalopolis.lua
5 dlc/expansion.lua
  ...loaded

So I would have the following file structure:
Code:
Tropico 4\Vigilante\game\QuickDestroy.lua
Tropico 4\Update1\game\QuickDestroy.lua
Tropico 4\PirateHaven\game\QuickDestroy.lua
Tropico 4\Megalopolis\game\QuickDestroy.lua
Tropico 4\expansion\game\QuickDestroy.lua

Is this correct?
(28-04-2014, 06:41 PM)bluesatin Wrote: Presumably in the future if people want to know what to name a folder to load the .lua files, can they just check their Tropico 4 logs under:
Code:
%appdata%/Tropico 4/Logs

For example in my .log file, it lists this:
Code:
1 dlc/Vigilante.lua
2 dlc/Update1.lua
3 dlc/PirateHaven.lua
4 dlc/Megalopolis.lua
5 dlc/expansion.lua
  ...loaded

Kind of. Not every file matches the folder. For example: expansion.lua (Modern Times) loads from Tropico 4\ex\game. The mod zip files contain all but Vigilante, PirateHaven, and Megalopolis and all of those go in folders by the same name.
(28-04-2014, 07:00 PM)DarthPresidente Wrote:
(28-04-2014, 06:41 PM)bluesatin Wrote: Presumably in the future if people want to know what to name a folder to load the .lua files, can they just check their Tropico 4 logs under:
Code:
%appdata%/Tropico 4/Logs

For example in my .log file, it lists this:
Code:
1 dlc/Vigilante.lua
2 dlc/Update1.lua
3 dlc/PirateHaven.lua
4 dlc/Megalopolis.lua
5 dlc/expansion.lua
  ...loaded

Kind of. Not every file matches the folder. For example: expansion.lua (Modern Times) loads from Tropico 4\ex\game. The mod zip files contain all but Vigilante, PirateHaven, and Megalopolis and all of those go in folders by the same name.

Okay, thanks for your help DarthPresidente, it seems to be loading and working now! Big Grin
I have Tropico 4 Gold and can not get the Gender mod nor the WindTurbine upgrade to work.

Mounting dlc Expansion
Mounting dlc Update1
Mounting dlc
1 dlc/Update1.lua
2 dlc/expansion.lua
...loaded

I have tried in /ex/game and in just /Game, do not see anything happening. Now if I have them in both it will throw this error

[Console Error] Gender Equality by DarthPresidente loaded...
[Console Error] SourceFile: game/genderequality.lua
@ 10438, 16
[Console Error] WindTurbine Upgrade Mod by DarthPresidente loaded...
[Console Error] SourceFile: game/windturbineupgrade.lua
@ 11000, 562
# 3616, 'AsyncReader'
Attempt to use an undefined global 'SWATmember'
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\genderequality.lua(272): global Fix_SWAT
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\genderequality.lua(269): global Lady_Policeman
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\genderequality.lua(26): <>
[C](-1): global procall
...co4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/core/threads.lua(0): global StaticMsg
...4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/Classes/MsgObj.lua(0): global Msg
...co4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/core/classes.lua(0): <>
...4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/Classes/MsgObj.lua(0): <>
--- end of stack
game/genderequality.lua:272: attempt to index global 'SWATmember' (a nil value)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\genderequality.lua(269): global Lady_Policeman
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\genderequality.lua(26): <>
...4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/Classes/MsgObj.lua(0): global Msg
...co4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/core/classes.lua(0): <>
...4/Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/Classes/MsgObj.lua(0): <>
--- end of stack
(31-05-2014, 09:45 AM)Cleave Wrote: I have Tropico 4 Gold and can not get the Gender mod nor the WindTurbine upgrade to work.

Mounting dlc Expansion
Mounting dlc Update1
Mounting dlc
1 dlc/Update1.lua
2 dlc/expansion.lua
...loaded

I have tried in /ex/game and in just /Game, do not see anything happening. Now if I have them in both it will throw this error

I'm not sure why it would only spit output to the log file if both files are in place. You really should get that output if it's just in "\Tropico 4 Gold\game\" (which is where it should never go) I am also not sure why it is not loading from \Tropico 4 Gold\ex\game

Try this and let me know:

Remove GenderEquality from both ex\game and game\
Place GenderEquality.lua in \Tropico 4 Gold\update1\game
Fire up the game
Post the full log file. Please surround with [code][/code] tags
Here you go. Looks like it is loading now when before it did nothing. Should I put all mods in that update1/game folder?

Code:
                                                                            @ 9687, 9687
                                                                            # 8904, '*unnamed thread*'
*** executable info
Name:              D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\Tropico4 Gold.exe
Timestamp:         50923e21
Date:              Thu Nov 01 04:17:21 201

*** hardware info
CPU               AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
CPU count         4
Phys. Memory       8191 MBytes
Memory In Use      28%
Disk Free          313245 MBytes

*** OS info
Windows 7 or later
Version            6.2.9200
MyDocs folder:     C:\Users\Clisair\Documents
AppData folder:    C:\Users\Clisair\AppData\Roaming

*** Debug::Init done

@ 9719, 32

*** Build version: 1.06.345

@ 9781, 62
Creating a DirectX interface...
                                                                            @ 9812, 31

*** RenderDevice::Init: started...

1920 x 1200, 0 Hz, vsync: OFF, pure device: ON
    video hardware: 10de,0e22 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460)
                                                                            @ 9922, 110
    approx video memory: 2048MB
    approx texture memory: 4025MB
    depth format: D3DFMT_INTZ
                                                                            @ 9937, 15

*** RenderDevice::Init: done.

ERROR: can not create shader pack file: Path Not Found
                                                                            @ 10062, 125
[Console Error] signin:  Tracking signin changes:  no
[Console Error] signin:  false false
                                                                            @ 11219, 1157
Enumerating 4 sound devices...
    0: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)
    1: SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High Definition Audio)
    2: HD Audio HDMI out (VIA High Definition Audio)
    3: ASUS VW266H-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Sound device choosen:
    id = 0
    caps = 000000f8
    mode = 2
                                                                            @ 11250, 31
[SND load filesizes] Music/filesize.txt
[SND load durations] packs/sndlen.dat
                                                                            @ 11265, 15
[SND load filesizes] CurrentLanguage/filesize.txt
                                                                            # 5416, 'Lua'
DLC enum: Waiting wakeup
cannot unlock achievement, forbidden by engine check  Construct 1337 buildings already unlocked

@ 11547, 282
PlayLogo, MainMenuWizard
                                                                            @ 14937, 3390
signin:  PushSigninPredicate
signin:  Tracking signin changes:  yes
signin:  .../Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/xbox/xboxSignin.lua(144) .../Tropico4/Tools/Build/__game/HGE/xbox/xboxSignin.lua(144)
Mounting dlc Expansion
Mounting dlc Update1
Mounting dlc
                                                                            @ 14953, 16
1 dlc/Update1.lua
2 dlc/expansion.lua
  ...loaded
Available DLCs: {  = true, Expansion = true, Update1 = true, false = true }
Attempt to use an undefined global 'ReloadLua'
...o4E/Src/Tropico4/Tools/Build/dlc/win32/8/Update1.lua(0):  <>
        --- end of stack
                                                                            @ 15062, 109
[SND load filesizes] CurrentLanguage/filesize.txt
[SND load durations] packs/sndlen.dat
                                                                            @ 15094, 32
Loading entities from Expansion.entities.dat
                                                                            @ 15156, 62
Reloading lua files 2
                                                                            @ 15203, 47
--- Start in Safe mode, deleting the shader cache
Registering new messages
                                                                            @ 15312, 109
Gender Equality by DarthPresidente loaded...
    SourceFile: update1/game/genderequality.lua
                                                                            @ 15344, 32
WindTurbine Upgrade Mod by DarthPresidente loaded...
    SourceFile: update1/game/windturbineupgrade.lua
                                                                            @ 15640, 296
DockImpl.road_decal_offset ambiguously inherited from GarageBase and DockBaseImpl
DockImpl.car_enter_exit_speed ambiguously inherited from GarageBase and DockBaseImpl
                                                                            @ 16062, 422
[SND] reload
                                                                            @ 16281, 219
Reloading done
                                                                            @ 16297, 16
new value Orig_TimelineAddBuildingUnlockEvents
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\locknot.lua(305): global DarthLockNot
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\locknot.lua(345):  <>
        --- end of stack
new value Orig_SAUnlockBuildings
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\locknot.lua(306): global DarthLockNot
        --- end of stack
new value Orig_GetCategoryUnlockedBuildings
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\locknot.lua(307): global DarthLockNot
        --- end of stack
new value Orig_BuildMenuShowCategory
D:\Program Files (x86)\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4 Gold\game\locknot.lua(308): global DarthLockNot
        --- end of stack
LockNot by DarthPresidente loaded...
signin:  PopSigninPredicate
signin:  Tracking signin changes:  no
signin:  false false
signin:  signin 0
request DLC enumeration on signin
signin:  Check predicate
                                                                            @ 41390, 25093
Reloading assets from folder <root>
                                                                            @ 42234, 844
                                                                            # 5608, 'AsyncReader'
GrannyBinaryPack :: LoadMeshes: 476.36999 ms
                                                                            @ 42453, 219
GrannyBinaryPack :: LoadAnimations: 218.94000 ms
                                                                            # 8904, 'Render (main)'
[DTM] DTM starting in 300 mb
                                                                            @ 42484, 31
[DTM] DTM Reset slots:
[DTM]     2048 - 32
[DTM]     1024 - 126
[DTM]     512 - 125
[DTM]     256 - 238
[DTM] dxt1 slots created: 261
[DTM] dxt5 slots created: 260
                                                                            @ 42515, 31
                                                                            # 5416, 'Lua'
CMap::Free
                                                                            @ 42531, 16
Realm :: Load: 14.57000 ms
CreateRealm: 14.60000 ms
                                                                            @ 44078, 1547
LockNot by DarthPresidente loaded...
                                                                            @ 111078, 67000
Creating question: All unsaved progress will be lost. Are you sure you want to abandon your current game? Quit Cancel
                                                                            @ 111875, 797
Waiting question result: All unsaved progress will be lost. Are you sure you want to abandon your current game? ok QUIT
                                                                            @ 112140, 265
TropicoLoading, OnScreenTimelineUI, OnScreenNotesDlg, OnScreenTasksDlg
Skipping dialog TropicoLoading
Trying to close dialog OnScreenTimelineUI
Trying to close dialog OnScreenNotesDlg
Trying to close dialog OnScreenTasksDlg
                                                                            @ 112187, 47
CMap::Free
                                                                            @ 112500, 313
TropicoLoading, MainMenuWizard, MainMenu, ChooseProfile
                                                                            @ 115250, 2750
Creating question: Do you really want to exit the game? Exit Keep playing
                                                                            @ 116312, 1062
Waiting question result: Do you really want to exit the game? ok EXIT
                                                                            @ 116328, 16
                                                                            # 8904, 'Render (main)'
[AsyncReader destructor]
[AsyncReader destructor] - waiting for the reader thread to finish
Total/current/peak reads: 3200 / 0 / 1255
Hook 'Shader :: CompileEffect' not found!
                                                                            @ 116453, 125
[AsyncReader destructor]
[AsyncReader destructor] - waiting for the reader thread to finish
Total/current/peak reads: 3200 / 0 / 1255
                                                                            @ 116625, 172

*** Debug::Done()
Time (ms)    116625
(01-06-2014, 01:16 AM)Cleave Wrote: Here you go. Looks like it is loading now when before it did nothing. Should I put all mods in that update1/game folder?

No. Leave the other ones in \Game and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the help and now you can add another folder for your mods Tongue

\Tropico 4 Gold\update1\game
(21-08-2014, 01:05 PM)lordsleepyhead Wrote: Hi DarthPresidente

Quick question. Somewhere in one of the DLCs, they "fixed" the bug where you would place a building and after you delete it the paved texture underneath the building would not disappear. Now, while it is commendable that they would make an effort to fix a bug, this particular bug was very useful to me, since I used it to make beautiful squares and to fill in awkward little corners.

I REALLY miss this bug, it has almost ruined the game for me. Do you think there is any chance you can find out how to mod it back in? Or otherwise, make a quick'n'dirty mod that completes the task in a different way?

That's a great idea! I've sort of wished I could make large decorative, empty plazas.
Does anybody have the Bio Farm mod lying around? The link in the specified thread is no longer valid :/
(04-03-2015, 06:27 PM)JulesC Wrote: Does anybody have the Bio Farm mod lying around? The link in the specified thread is no longer valid :/

copy and paste in notepad, then save as modname.lua, save as type: all files (*.*), then choose unicode 
copy  this >

-- BioFarm Mod by DarthPresidente

-- Place in Tropico\Game Folder

-- Changes Bio farms so they can produce all of one crop type
-- or Foodcrops.  I had to eliminate Cashcrops because the UI
-- is designed to allow for a max of 8 work modes and I am too
-- lazy to mod that.

local AltBioFarmMTP = {Corn = {"Corn"}, Banana = {"Banana"}, Papaya = {"Papaya"}, Pineapple = {"Pineapple"}, Coffee = {"Coffee"}, Tobacco = {"Tobacco"}, Sugar = {"Sugar"}, Foodcrops = {"Banana", "Papaya", "Pineapple"}}

local AltBioFarmWorkModes = {{id = "Corn", name = "[[10922][Corn][]]", param1 = 230, param2 = 232, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28730][The Bio Farm will produce Corn in all its fields][]]"}, {id = "Banana", name = "[[28718][Banana][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 330, param2 = 371, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28719][Bananas are a versatile crop that prefers relatively higher ground. The Bio Farm will produce Bananas in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Papaya", name = "[[28720][Papaya][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 330, param2 = 313, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[31367][Papayas prefer humid areas. The Bio Farm will produce Papaya in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Pineapple", name = "[[28721][Pineapple][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 360, param2 = 417, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28722][Pineapples grow best in humid areas. The Bio Farm will produce Pineapple in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Coffee", name = "[[28723][Coffee][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 320, param2 = 452, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28724][Coffee prefers high altitudes and high humidity. The Bio Farm will produce Coffee in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Tobacco", name = "[[28725][Tobacco][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 340, param2 = 371, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28726][Tobacco prefers high areas with low humidity. The Bio Farm will produce Tobacco in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Sugar", name = "[[28727][Sugar][PlantFarm name]]", param1 = 320, param2 = 440, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28728][Sugar prefers low altitudes and high humidity. The Bio Farm will produce Sugar in this work mode][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}, {id = "Foodcrops", name = "[[28731][Food Crops][]]", param1 = 340, param2 = 367, param3 = 450, rollover = "[[28732][The Bio Farm will produce Bananas, Papaya, and Pineapple][WorkModeWrapper rollover]]"}}

function AltBioFarmCWM(self)
  self.modes = AltBioFarmWorkModes
end

function AltBioFarmGWM(self, id)
  return Building.GetWorkingMode(self, id)
end

function AltBioFarmAM(self, mode_id)
    g_Classes.FoodProductionBuilding.ActivateMode(self, mode_id)
    self.currentFieldClasses = {}
    local crops = self.mode_to_plant[mode_id]
    for i = 1, #crops do
        self.currentFieldClasses[#self.currentFieldClasses + 1] = "Field" .. crops[i] .. "Bio"
    end
    if mode_id == "Cashcrops" or mode_id == "Coffee" or mode_id == "Sugar" or mode_id == "Tobacco" then
        self:SetProvideMeals(false)
    else
        self:SetProvideMeals(true)
    end
  self.lastTimeChecked = false
end

function AltBioFarm()
    g_Classes.BioFarm.mode_to_plant = AltBioFarmMTP
    g_Classes.BioFarm.ChangeWorkModes = AltBioFarmCWM
    g_Classes.BioFarm.GetWorkingMode = AltBioFarmGWM
    g_Classes.BioFarm.ActivateMode = AltBioFarmAM
    g_Classes.BioFarm.modes = AltBioFarmWorkModes
end

local FiredOnce = false
OnMsg.UASetMode = function(actions,mode)
    if not FiredOnce then
        if(mode == "Boot") then
            FiredOnce = true
            CreateRealTimeThread(function()
                AltBioFarm()
                OnMsg.MapPermanentObjectsLoaded = function()
                    AltBioFarm()
                end
            end)
        end
    end
end
Hellow ! My friend DarthPresidente.
Tropico4 is a lot more fun than Tropico5.
I want a new trading system for tropico4. For example : change import export area, the mod may be? For example, the import the corn from Mexico, and export fish to Mexico; While adding a relationship about Mexico. I have “immigration 2” mod ,and I have made a new nation “Mexico” in that mod.
Can you help me ?
Hi!

I want to make some modifications in certain buildings...

How can I charge the visits in the clinic/hospital/market/supermarket just like the sanatorium?... (unlock by edicts for health and food, maybe! Tongue)
How can I turn the palace an entertainment building and charging fees?...

Thanks for help Darth,

Greetings!
DarthPresidenteThank you for these mods. 

I'd like to help out for the people who still play Tropico 4 Gold edition on Mac / Steam:

The location of where to mod folders should be copied to is:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tropico 4/Tropico4Data

I'd be nice if El DarthPresidente could add this to the 'installation notes', because I couldn't find this info anywhere!
Hi all, I understand this might be a very long shot but I would like to submit a request for a mod.

As discussed other times there are problems with the population growth: if you try to go for a "No Immigration" island and apply Contraception Ban, periodically issue Festival of Love (Modern Times) and set your hospitals to Obstetrics, you can fairly easily get couples with 7-8 children, however this is still sub-replacement fertility because there are simply too few married couples and – even with sufficient food, housing and services – more than half of young (18-45 years old) Tropicans stay permanently single.

I have a big project for a realistic, Caribbean-feel city of connected small neighborhoods growing up from a very small starting community, but if it takes 12 years just to go from 30 to 39 inhabitants, even if my budget is in the several hundred thousands, only to see them die out, it doesn't make any real sense. Does anyone know how to intervene on marriage mechanics and/or can create a mod for increased/periodic checks for marriage availability for young Tropicans?