Crimea
The people of Crimea are finally free from Kiev oppression hopefully the rest of Ukraine will soon follow,and this brings us to my question,this was a very recent event,do you guys at Kalypso plan to delay Tropico 5 so that you can add Crimea was a free nation or pehaps make a event about it that will in some way affect Tropico? Or do you guys belive that there will be no needs for delay so that this great event is added into the game?
(18-03-2014, 09:24 PM)Onsholo Wrote: The people of Crimea are finally free from Kiev oppression...
Jeez. "Oppression"? Is that how the political Minority of a nation sees what being in the Minority is like?

Rather than getting bogged down in a political "debate", you might want to look at this thread over at Making History HQ website.
Seriously?

No need for such an event of a warcrime.
(18-03-2014, 11:48 PM)CaptainPatch Wrote:
(18-03-2014, 09:24 PM)Onsholo Wrote: The people of Crimea are finally free from Kiev oppression...
Jeez. "Oppression"? Is that how the political Minority of a nation sees what being in the Minority is like?

Rather than getting bogged down in a political "debate", you might want to look at this thread over at Making History HQ website.

Dude,i am making a valid question,i am using Crimea as a example but my question also goes for anything important that happen during the game developement,will they delay the game to add it,not delay the game and add it or just not add it at all? If you do not like the way i phrase me question you can fuck off for i do not care.
My apologies; it's a side-effect of that ridiculous "debate" elsewhere.

T5 is essentially the basic Tropico model (start @1950), but going back to the Colonial era. At most, a game would stretch up to @2020 at most. Given the breadth of the game, there wouldn't be any point to add new nations that appear just at the end of the game because they wouldn't become factors to be interacted with until GAME OVER is about to happen. Furthermore, Tropico is set in the Caribbean, so political upheavals on the other side of the globe really wouldn't have any impact on the Caribbean.

I really can't see Kalypso delaying a game development just because of some Current Event that hasn't fully gelled yet.

[This last bit reminded of an Arthur C. Clarke novella entitled Superiority. Basically, a technologically advanced race loses a war because of, instead of going with what they already have and would easily defeat an enemy, they keep trying to upgrade their systems again and again. The complications that surface with each upgrade gives the technologically inferior race the opportunity to catch up and eventually overcome the "superior" civilization.]
(19-03-2014, 06:19 AM)CaptainPatch Wrote: My apologies; it's a side-effect of that ridiculous "debate" elsewhere.

T5 is essentially the basic Tropico model (start @1950), but going back to the Colonial era. At most, a game would stretch up to @2020 at most. Given the breadth of the game, there wouldn't be any point to add new nations that appear just at the end of the game because they wouldn't become factors to be interacted with until GAME OVER is about to happen. Furthermore, Tropico is set in the Caribbean, so political upheavals on the other side of the globe really wouldn't have any impact on the Caribbean.

I really can't see Kalypso delaying a game development just because of some Current Event that hasn't fully gelled yet.

[This last bit reminded of an Arthur C. Clarke novella entitled Superiority. Basically, a technologically advanced race loses a war because of, instead of going with what they already have and would easily defeat an enemy, they keep trying to upgrade their systems again and again. The complications that surface with each upgrade gives the technologically inferior race the opportunity to catch up and eventually overcome the "superior" civilization.]

I think it wll depend on how the events will work on Tropico 5,will they be something simple like in Tropico 4 were you got text and a negative/positive modifier with your relations with th other contries or will it be bigger stuff that is most likely much harder to add into the game?
(19-03-2014, 11:33 AM)Onsholo Wrote: I think it wll depend on how the events will work on Tropico 5, ...

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to imagine that T5 would elaborate the foreign affairs of a Caribbean Tin-Pot Dictatorship to the extent that the political alignment of Ukraine and its parts, current or former, would make a pinch of llama poop.

A more important question is whether T5 will recognize the collapse of the Soviet Union at some nearly realistic date; or for that matter, how the formation of the Soviet Union is handled. Will anyone in the Caribbean notice?

Perhaps you expect the release of T5 to be delayed until Putin plays out his whole hand and reannexes all the former Soviet states which spun-off at the collapse.
(19-03-2014, 05:46 PM)CoconutKid Wrote:
(19-03-2014, 11:33 AM)Onsholo Wrote: I think it wll depend on how the events will work on Tropico 5, ...

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to imagine that T5 would elaborate the foreign affairs of a Caribbean Tin-Pot Dictatorship to the extent that the political alignment of Ukrane and its parts, current or former, would make a pinch of llama poop.

A more important question is whether T5 will recognize the collapse of the Soviet Union at some nearly realistic date; or for that matter, how the formation of the Soviet Union is handled. Will anyone in the Caribbean notice?

Perhaps you expect the release of T5 to be delayed until Putin plays out his whole hand and reannexes all the former Soviet states which spun-off at the collapse.

I think that you should be able to avoid the USSR to be formed or avoid it from falling if you make the right decisions. Tropico should have some sort of impact on the world at large.
(19-03-2014, 05:51 PM)Onsholo Wrote:
(19-03-2014, 05:46 PM)CoconutKid Wrote:

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to imagine that T5 would elaborate the foreign affairs of a Caribbean Tin-Pot Dictatorship to the extent that the political alignment of Ukrane and its parts, current or former, would make a pinch of llama poop.

I think that you should be able to avoid the USSR to be formed or avoid it from falling if you make the right decisions. Tropico should have some sort of impact on the world at large.

Indeed, I agree with CoconutKid. Will the revolution in Czarist Russia have any impact on Tropico in the Caribbean? Will it affect the average Tropican and inspire a communist revolution in Tropico?

As for Tropico being a major player in world affairs...it is a banana republic. It will be nothing but a pawn for both superpowers. Cuba was significant during the Cold War because it was a communist dictatorship right off the coast of the United States..which the Soviet Union could use to be a thorn in the side of the U.S., and to erase the American advantage in nuclear attack capability (Cuban Missile Crisis), by placing offensive nuclear weapons right off the coast of Florida.