So...GOG patches when?
So when can we expect to be able to play our Omerta properly from GOG again? You've left us in the dirt with old patches with game breaking fixes and are holding back the patch that the Steam customers have already received months ago.
Well that certainly paints a much different picture to Tropico 5. One forum has plenty of dev/publisher response, the other is dead and void of any response or activity.

It's almost as if you don't want customers on GOG - I'll definitely have to keep that in mind the next time I consider purchasing a Kalypso product...
Well... maybe you should ask this question on the GOG forum?
As far as i know, they received all patches too.
Kalypso Media
Follow Kalypso on Twitter!

For game support issues please contact our support team via email support@kalypsomedia.com
Several patches have been released for Omerta on all platforms. At one point the final GOG.com update was delayed due to other projects but the team is still working on providing a fix to the final showstopper which should also be available for GOG shortly.

Tropico 5 was released just a little over a month ago, Omerta is now one and a half year old. Unfortunately we can't provide patch support on all games years after release, the team is simply not big enough to accomodate for this. Active development on the Omerta project has stopped and moved to Tropico 5.
(01-07-2014, 08:14 PM)Timo Wrote: Several patches have been released for Omerta on all platforms. At one point the final GOG.com update was delayed due to other projects but the team is still working on providing a fix to the final showstopper which should also be available for GOG shortly.

Tropico 5 was released just a little over a month ago, Omerta is now one and a half year old. Unfortunately we can't provide patch support on all games years after release, the team is simply not big enough to accomodate for this. Active development on the Omerta project has stopped and moved to Tropico 5.
It's not a tiny bug though, is it? I mean in the case of the bug with Georgia Ave. it completely blocks all progress in the game. When the fix was already out on Steam (so it was worth working on for *some* customers), you've left it more than 6 months to fix on GoG and those players have had a broken game this whole time. I appreciate that you're a business, and that you have limited resources that you need to use to stay competitive but...you must admit that that's treating customers poorly, mustn't you, even if it might have seemed the best "business" choice?

If the fix arrives then great, I'll be able to play the product that I *paid* for (I didn't get it as a free giveaway in the recent GoG sale so you can't say it's all "no harm, no foul" here.) No, I don't think you should have to support every game for years after release, but when you *break* the game and then fix it for just *some* customers, you can expect the rest to feel pretty angry about it, and I do think leaving it in working condition for everyone should have been a higher priority for you.
(01-07-2014, 02:50 PM)MT™ Wrote: Well... maybe you should ask this question on the GOG forum?
As far as i know, they received all patches too.

A claim which they have adamantly denied. Either way this is not something the customer should ever have to suffer under - It isn't our job to pull both parties by their ears to receive the content we're expected to receive.

(01-07-2014, 08:14 PM)Timo Wrote: Several patches have been released for Omerta on all platforms. At one point the final GOG.com update was delayed due to other projects but the team is still working on providing a fix to the final showstopper which should also be available for GOG shortly.

Completely irrelevant to the topic - You're not being asked to develop new patches, you're being told to release the patch that you've developed to all of your sales platforms!

And of course the second you finally get your asses around to respond to this issue, GOG magically receives said patch. What an odd coincidence...

(People have been complaining about this as early as January - A point where Steam had access to said patch for over two months. Do the math)
(07-07-2014, 07:11 PM)Mansen Wrote: Completely irrelevant to the topic - You're not being asked to develop new patches, you're being told to release the patch that you've developed to all of your sales platforms!

It's not that easy unfortunately. It's not only a different sales platform, it's also a different platform technically. GOG.com have their own version of the game adjusted for their DRM-free platform, neither using any Steamworks features nor the Kalypso Launcher integration.

Patches for this version have to be developed, tested and deployed independently from all other platforms, including Steam, Xbox360 and Mac versions.

Again, I understand the frustration and can only apologize to those affected by the delay. This is not an excuse but an attempt to explain the reasons which lead to the patch getting delayed.
Didn't they release the patched version yesterday?
(08-07-2014, 10:19 AM)Anguille Wrote: Didn't they release the patched version yesterday?

Yes we did. Mansen was asking why it took us so long, which is a valid question that I tried answering to the best of my capabilities.
Thank you for releasing the patch to them...though disappointed to still have the same Georgia Ave. issue, both continuing my old game and in a fresh game (fully uninstalling, installing with the new setup files and starting a new game.) Sad

I have the Omerta: City of Gangsters (4 DLCs included) version from GoG, which has the "The Japanese Incentive" also with it, despite it not being listed on the product page.
(08-07-2014, 08:28 PM)Timo Wrote: Yes we did. Mansen was asking why it took us so long, which is a valid question that I tried answering to the best of my capabilities.

Awesome, and now this version is so broken I can't even get past the first level(Maine Ave). It seems the steam version is just as broken as there are complaints on the steam forums of the same issue.

I'm sure we'll be waiting another 6 months for a patch that lets us play the game we paid for and your response will again be "to bad, we don't really give a crap about fixing our games, once we release a new game we don't support our old games, even if they are complete broken."
(11-07-2014, 07:47 PM)Griz Wrote: Thank you for releasing the patch to them...though disappointed to still have the same Georgia Ave. issue, both continuing my old game and in a fresh game (fully uninstalling, installing with the new setup files and starting a new game.) Sad

I have the Omerta: City of Gangsters (4 DLCs included) version from GoG, which has the "The Japanese Incentive" also with it, despite it not being listed on the product page.

I also have the problem with Georgia Ave. I have the full game with the addon from GOG. Any news of a patch? Thanks.
Any news? Walt? Timo?
(18-08-2014, 02:43 PM)Anguille Wrote: Any news? Walt? Timo?

The game is already buried. No man-power is incorporated in this game anymore ... That's the Kalypso-way ...
(23-08-2014, 11:52 AM)MrReset Wrote: The game is already buried. No man-power is incorporated in this game anymore ... That's the Kalypso-way ...

I would have liked an answer. I believe that GOG will do something but not sure how long it will take.
While it is certainly true that development focus has moved on from Omerta, we're currently investigating this in the studio. It appears not all users on GOG.com are affected - if you're experiencing issues with the latest patch, please try re-downloading the full game and let us know your combination of installed DLCs.
(24-08-2014, 11:52 AM)Timo Wrote: While it is certainly true that development focus has moved on from Omerta, we're currently investigating this in the studio. It appears not all users on GOG.com are affected - if you're experiencing issues with the latest patch, please try re-downloading the full game and let us know your combination of installed DLCs.

Thanks Timo,

While i've had the game since last year but i've only installed it with the latest GOG update (july). I have the base game (with the 4 DLCs) and the Japanese DLC. The game is installed in french. I've played the game without problems until Georgia Avenue where nobody goes to prison and it's not possible to finish the scenario...i think it's just this map that has been damaged because i was able to finish the map by just replacing the map from an older setup. The other problem i have now is that i've just seen that the 4 DLCs (not the Japanase incentive) don't have trees, cars or people walking on them. So it's possible to play the mission but it's not really fun because the mood is strange.

If i uninstall the game will it also delete the saves? If not i can try to redownload tonight.

I have downloaded the german setup from GOG on my netbook for testing but it's in english. i guess that this is GOGs problem. I can confirm that the basic game without the Japanese DLC ends after Maine street (mission 1) with the end credits. With the Japanese incentive you can continue until Georgia avenue.

Cheers
Here's my latest test report. I have the game on my desktop (windows 7) and on my netbook (windows 8) and come on both to the same results/conclusions. The two games come from two different downloads of the setup. One is installed in french, the other one in english.

1) The base game is bugged at the Maine Street map (ends with credits). A save of this mission made from the base game will also end once you install the Japanese incentive. Only if you start the Maine Street mission after installing Japanese incentive can you finish the first mission.

2) The "gold" edition stops at Georgia avenue because the map file is bugged and the mission cannot be completed.

3) the dlcs maps are also damaged and there are no cars, no trees and no people in the streets. They can however be completed.

My guess is that these different maps have been damaged during the compression...but i am no expert. I don't think that it's the game per se that has a problem but only these very specific maps should be replaced or the setup should be redone.
I have mad computer skills and created a patch for first problem, NO CREDITS after first mission anymore!
http://catshare.net/OUr2siYwbdkB44Ny/Dlc.zip
Unpack this to your game folder, now you should have 3 folders in your main game folder (Dlc, Local, Packs)
Only 3.2KB! D:
Meanwhile, i've also tested the full game with the japanese incentive dlc installed on a third computer (laptop with windows 7)...same results....this is too much for it to be a coincidence. Have you downloaded the setup yourself from GOG? You only need to finish the first two missions to access the dlcs maps. I am 100% that the setup is the problem and it's that specific setup that needs to be tested/updated.
Since it seems like Kalypso is in no hurry to fix the completely unplayable game I paid for, I found the solution myself. Pirate the game! And while I was at it I went ahead and pirated all the Tropico games too. Kalypso won't see a dime of my money again, that is for sure. This company is terrible, and give the game industry a bad name. The quicker they go out of business and everyone goes jobless the better. Lazy SOBs.