Modern Times refuses to install
I seem to have the same problem as the one reported here but it's not resolving itself.

I bought Tropico 4 from gamersgate (full price!) and installed it, as well as the Modern Times expansion, but the kalypso launcher patches the base game to 1.06 and then refuses to install Modern Times.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tropico and then installing Modern Times before patching but the launcher refuses to do this. I click "later" instead of downloading the 1.06 patch, but then when I click "Enter Code" and paste in the Modern Times registration code nothing happens.

If I first patch to 1.06, the launcher downloads the Modern Times expansion but then immediately deletes it without changing anything. Someone please give me a break here because I've been three days trying to get this to work.
(18-08-2014, 03:21 PM)roundandround Wrote: I seem to have the same problem as the one reported here but it's not resolving itself.

I bought Tropico 4 from gamersgate (full price!) and installed it, as well as the Modern Times expansion, but the kalypso launcher patches the base game to 1.06 and then refuses to install Modern Times.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tropico and then installing Modern Times before patching but the launcher refuses to do this. I click "later" instead of downloading the 1.06 patch, but then when I click "Enter Code" and paste in the Modern Times registration code nothing happens.

If I first patch to 1.06, the launcher downloads the Modern Times expansion but then immediately deletes it without changing anything. Someone please give me a break here because I've been three days trying to get this to work.

No reply? Seriously?
Sorry, but we had some busy days due to the Steam Sale.
Could you please try again? The server should be running.
Kalypso Media
Follow Kalypso on Twitter!

For game support issues please contact our support team via email support@kalypsomedia.com
(21-08-2014, 06:17 PM)MT™ Wrote: Sorry, but we had some busy days due to the Steam Sale.
Could you please try again? The server should be running.

Doesn't work. The first problem was that the launcher would download the expansion but not install it because the 1.06 patch had already been installed.

Then I re-downloaded the base game and tried to download Modern Times before patching, but now it won't download Modern Times at all -- it just says 'Code OK' and does nothing.

So either way I can't install modern times.

The game and expansion were purchased separately on Gamersgate.
Did you register both the main game and expansion DLC code for the same Kalypso Launcher user account? You can check this by logging in to http://launcher.kalypsomedia.com/ and navigating to the "Your Contents" tab. As long as Modern Times is listed there, it should download in the game once you're logged in.
I'm not having exactly the same problem, but I can't get Modern Times to load. I bought 4.0 and Modern Times, and registered my account, but when I try to load Modern Times, it won't load. I tried checking to see if I had anything listed under the Your Contents tab, but nothing is listed there. Now, the page is down. I tried e-mailing you guys last week about the issue, but no one answered my mail. Really guys, having people buying these programs and then be unable to load them is really bad business.
We're experiencing technical difficulties with the content servers currently. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support!
Is this issue EVER going to be fixed? I assume it is not fixed now since I still can't register the Modern Times in order to play it. I went to the launcher and it seems to be fixed, but when I log in, my items are still not listed. This is really unsatisfactory. I doubt very seriously I will EVER buy another Kalypso game since the one I bought TWICE I am still not allowed to play.
I posted what worked for me here.   

This process is the easiest and most logical solution and doesn't involve re-installing or messing with the registry or anything else I've seen suggested around the forums.

When these instructions work for you, post a note to the thread so that everyone else knows that it's THE valid solution.