Omerta 2...
Hi again, yes I certainly am spamming the forums today but have something I'd like to add to my wishlist of ideas for Omerta 2, and beyond.

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=18845

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=27294

So one thing that could be considered in future would be a scenario creator/editor. I am thinking of something kind of a long the lines of a scenario you may create for SimCity where you deliberately create a city with problems and distribute it for other people to play and try and sort out the cities problems. Ultimately it'd be nice if we could have something powerful enough to create the whole city/layout, but even without that it'd be nice to create the various challenges the player will face as they work their way through the city claiming territory. I could play it myself, but even better I could upload it to some site for others to download and play. It would help with having a wider variety of maps available in game. Would also be nice to have something along the lines of the lot editor included in city builders, the purpose would be to allow me to create more buildings for people to use when creating cities, again aiding you guys in having a bigger variety of cities and content within them.

Second thing I want to still stress I want combat to remain turn based, to me that was a brave but perfect decision. It allowed/allows for some really good strategy to be played out during combat and I'd really love to see that system fleshed out even more with a greater variety of skills and options, and locations. In a gaming world obsessed with real time these days I really can't applaud you enough for making it turn based, it still provides the very best strategy play when you have time to think and plenty of options and things to think about for your next move. Not just a +1 but a +10000000000000+ for that choice Smile, best feature of Omerta 1.

more to come. I had a few other ideas but lost the thought for now....I'll be back.
(21-03-2015, 05:37 AM)Engioc Wrote: Hi again, yes I certainly am spamming the forums today but have something I'd like to add to my wishlist of ideas for Omerta 2, and beyond.

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=18845

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=27294

So one thing that could be considered in future would be a scenario creator/editor. I am thinking of something kind of a long the lines of a scenario you may create for SimCity where you deliberately create a city with problems and distribute it for other people to play and try and sort out the cities problems. Ultimately it'd be nice if we could have something powerful enough to create the whole city/layout, but even without that it'd be nice to create the various challenges the player will face as they work their way through the city claiming territory. I could play it myself, but even better I could upload it to some site for others to download and play. It would help with having a wider variety of maps available in game. Would also be nice to have something along the lines of the lot editor included in city builders, the purpose would be to allow me to create more buildings for people to use when creating cities, again aiding you guys in having a bigger variety of cities and content within them.

Second thing I want to still stress I want combat to remain turn based, to me that was a brave but perfect decision. It allowed/allows for some really good strategy to be played out during combat and I'd really love to see that system fleshed out even more with a greater variety of skills and options, and locations. In a gaming world obsessed with real time these days I really can't applaud you enough for making it turn based, it still provides the very best strategy play when you have time to think and plenty of options and things to think about for your next move. Not just a +1 but a +10000000000000+ for that choice Smile, best feature of Omerta 1.

more to come. I had a few other ideas but lost the thought for now....I'll be back.
I like your ideas and I would like to see a sequel to Omerta city of gangster with a tactical turn bace city and be able to hire a gang that's the size of a mob also be able to use cars as armor fighting vehicles in the turn bace mode. player player henchmen and ai henchmen should all have liked and feared ratings that determines how much information gets leaked and how much the bribes will cost or if your liked or if you or he gets bump off .The city could have an economy that influances the strangth of the police and the proceeds of crime would corrupt the economics.
Hi I'm back with another idea on Omerta 2.

"Gang members, well I'm actually quite happy with the number of them already so not necessarily wanting more than the current 5 (if the map size expands a lot then perhaps a few more would be needed), but what I wouldn't mind seeing is them also having hoods that they control. Now I don't think its necessary for all these extra peeps to be visually represented on screen, they would be more something that adds a little extra per hood to the stats of the gang member/leader of those hoods, and would perhaps be a requirement for allowing gang members to control parts of the city for you, as I will discuss next). You would want to restrict the number of hoods each gang member can control, I figure 10 would be a nice limit. In turn you could then, as your empire expands, start handing off some limited amount of control to your gang members to manage an area of the city for you. Now I wouldn't even necessarily want any options around what they do to manage that territory it would purely be a your ensuring businesses operate, are defended, and in a way just maintain it as is."

Just going back to the above idea, expanding the number of hoods and goons:
  • One thing that could really help in expanding the number of gang members, hoods, and goons would be in the normal game mode have them represented by a single counter, but once the game enters the combat mode then I see everyone represented. Think Civilization, or Total War.
  • So perhaps introduce a kind of squad:
    • Squads can consist of any number of hoods and goons.
    • Hoods and Goons would obviously have a different range of skills, abilities, and upgrades.
    • A squad could contain any combination of hoods and goons, the only limit being 2 minimum and 10 maximum members in a squad.
The makeup of squads:
  • I could have a squad of 1 hood acting as a leader to 9 goons. They can perform any action/mission as a group, normally I only see the hood represented in the main game/city view. When combat is triggered I see all 10 guys represented.
  • I could also have a squad that only consists of goons. Their actions become more limited because they're not being lead by a hood. Their actions would be restricted to patrols and guarding businesses, or areas I control. Again I would only see them represented by a single goon in the main city view, but see all squad members when combat is triggered.
  • A squad that consists of only hoods. Perhaps a group of hoods you've built up skills to make them especially good at seizing control of rival businesses. Again, single character in the main city view, all squad members when combat is triggered.
  • The make up of the group would also determine how strong the group is.
  • The more hoods included the stronger the group is, as opposed to a squad containing mostly goons.
A strong squad would have both positive and negative effects:
  • Obviously being strong would mean they can complete jobs, missions, etc more easily for you, but...
  • Perhaps they could also become a little too strong:
    • Start making demands for higher pay.
    • Threatening to leave.
    • You'd have another choice to make, give them what they want, get another squad to attempt to take them out or at least scare them back in to line, or do nothing and run the risk they'll defect to a rival gang or go independent....including that percentage chance they take any territory or businesses they had control over when they defect.
    • Maybe include a loyalty stat.
Expanding on the idea of gang members leaving or defecting:
  • Perhaps if your gang members are becoming very unhappy with you as the boss they could try and kill or overthrow you, seize control.
    • Maybe you've been losing territory, or...
    • Too many gang members are getting killed in combat.
    • Could be any number of reasons why members of your own gang may turn on you.
  • Perhaps leaving could include a small chance they just completely leave the game:
    • Maybe they've become tired of the criminal life and decide to go straight, or...
    • Perhaps they are going to start their own gang, but in a different city.
Rivals and Diplomacy:
  • If I'm allied to another player (human, or AI) I could have opportunities to run joint businesses, or even do missions together.
  • Allowing joint businesses could help make the mix of a squad important.
    • Hoods would cost more than goons, but...
    • If I am trying to take out a large business from a rival, and its a joint operation then maybe I need a squad of all hoods so its stronger and better skilled.
    • Conversely for simpler missions, or just guard/patrol duties a squad of goons is just fine, and cheaper.
    • Or perhaps you decide to take more goons in to that difficult combat with a rival gang to act as cheap fodder to help soak up some damage.... but as I said earlier if perhaps you're letting too many men die in combat your hoods, and goons might start to question their loyalty to you.
Well I think that's it for now. I may be back at some other time to continue expanding on these ideas.
Hi there, I just popped in to make a thread about some features i'd love to see in an Omerta 2 game.  I played this game way back when it launch and picked it up the other day. I am finding it lots of fun. the one thing i do think the game is missing is a bit more action in the town during the Strat sim section.  Basically the running your empire part. 

Id love to see more in depth action going on.  For instance your gang members hanging out in front of the pizzeria. Or hauling boxes into armored cars, and delivering them, but if heat was high have a chase happen. Police shoot outs in the streets at night, police driving around known areas ect.

It could make you wait till the coast is clear to deliver that booze.

Basically the idea of more live map interaction with planing your timing. Maybe some more citizens too that the gang could interact with as well. People fleeing in a day time drive by increasing fear..    or a gang member at the soup kitchen serving lunch to increase "friendly"

I also think the game could take a little from tropico and let you click on the people in the town for minor info.  Nothing huge, but how feared/liked that person was maybe some random thoughts for flavor.

As far as clicking on the main gang characters perhaps you could assign them actions.  like default hang out at Pizzeria, or safe house, or soup kitchen, Or on "Patrol"   (protection or perhaps random muggins! the second could be done by gang type Enforcer/hitman would patrol, A burger would mug for example.)

Really i think i would step up the map interaction and empire maintenance using your "hero" avatars.  Sorta like a page out of tropico and using the el president' in T4 to do random things for boosts.  The other tracking stuff for normal citizens is just right out of tropico.  You could follow people to work, maybe they even work in one of your places. See um go out to night clubs, or boxing matches ext..   Simple scripts right out of tropico could achieve this. 

Work, Eat, entertainment, home..   random triggers to fill needs.  The citizens would be a part of your Fear/liked aspect.  Raid a warehouse while everyone is at work, (increase fear and bring down even more heat)   Do the drive by at night, Not so much fear as everyone is home. 

So basically a bit more action and thought into your over all sim play, with animations to help you along. 

For example, you could wait till night fall and then send your burglar or two to a night club area, then set um all up to mug. Watch the people come out of a club and random folks get robbed.  You could see the cops come. (increase heat)  and perhaps a shoot out can happen, Or maybe you have a safe house set up in the area so they get away clean..  (aka safe house to lower heat)    they see the cops and run to the safe house, verse shooting in the streets and then running on a long chase back to the hideout. 

anyways.. that is what i was thinking anyway Smile