CAN'T ATTACK TOWNS
Hey Everyone,

I have encountered a bug on the PS3 version of PR3

Despite all of my convoys currently not attacking any towns and the entire map being free of any town battles (the black flag with the burning ship). None of my convoys can attack towns, all I receive when I try to is the message that "Town Already Under Attack"

I have searched for a solution all afternoon, but the main thread going over this issue has been deleted. Furthermore all the previous suggestions floating around here and other sites have not worked, including: Deleting and reinstalling game data, removing all defending units from convoys, and even dismantling convoys.

I'm at a loss can someone please help

Thank you
(07-09-2015, 07:36 PM)ice of the north Wrote: Hey Everyone,

I have encountered a bug on the PS3 version of PR3

Despite all of my convoys currently not attacking any towns and the entire map being free of any town battles (the black flag with the burning ship). None of my convoys can attack towns, all I receive when I try to is the message that "Town Already Under Attack"

I have searched for a solution all afternoon, but the main thread going over this issue has been deleted. Furthermore all the previous suggestions floating around here and other sites have not worked, including: Deleting and reinstalling game data, removing all defending units from convoys, and even dismantling convoys.

I'm at a loss can someone please help

Thank you

Well good news and bad news. The good news is I managed to fix the problem, the bad news is I'm not sure exactly how I did it.

As I mentioned before I tried various strategies to break the inhibition of my fleet from attacking towns including reinstalling game data, turning off the defending ships in all my convoys and breaking down and re-creating some of my convoys.

Ultimately I figured falsely that the three convoys I created for military conquest were the problem, however after doing all that work breaking down and moving my military convoys, I decided to halt my trade convoys as well to see what happens. I stopped all their trade routes and low and behold, one of them had an attack town symbol, I stopped it and boom! I could attack towns again. Its strange because I did look at all my convoys when I initially couldnt attack towns and noticed no attacking town symbol, just its normal route that I had set up

However, after a tactical mistake I reloaded the game, and tried the same tactic and this time that convoy did not have an attacking symbol after I cancelled its trade route. I ended up stopping all my trade routes and sending all my convoys to port, and somehow that still worked to allow me to attack towns again.

TL/DR: Had "Town is already under attack" with no apparent map or convoy source for a battle. Suspended all trade routes on my convoys and put them to port, boom can attack towns again.

Problem solved
Hi and Welcome,

sorry for being late to help you!

the error "Town is already under attack" always means that there is a town under attack! Wink it could be attack by you or the KI.
the max number of towns to be attack at the same time is 3, afair.

everytime i got this message there was a military convoy attacking. mostly my own! Cool    releasing the military convoys should help here. if you had to release also your trading routes, the game probably missunderstood the trading convoy as aggressor. trying to stop all trading routes with the nations in war could be enough at that point.
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]