Patrician 4 - Rise of a Dynasty Crashes
Hello,

I have been wandering around the web for a solution for this but found nothing. Patrician 4 seems to be crashing if a saved game goes over 2 hours.

Tried everything I found logical to save this but no. Nothing. It was working fine once, I have savefiles with over 9 hours or gameplay but now nothing works. Three seperate machines (Windows 7 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 10 x64) doing the same.

I mean I PAID for this product but seems like Kalypso doesnt care. This is not right.
I need an answer on this.

This can go serious guys, come on.
Hi Eldgrim,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the game all of a sudden, especially if it was working fine before. I don't think we have enough information to really investigate what is happening here. Did you already contact support@kalypsomedia.com and sent us a detailed machine configuration (DxDiag-file) and the affected savegames? In the meantime, can you try figuring out what exactly has changed in your configuration that caused this error to occur? It's the first time we hear of this so it may well be an isolated case with a specific hardware/software configuration.
(10-09-2015, 04:49 PM)Timo Wrote: Hi Eldgrim,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the game all of a sudden, especially if it was working fine before. I don't think we have enough information to really investigate what is happening here. Did you already contact support@kalypsomedia.com and sent us a detailed machine configuration (DxDiag-file) and the affected savegames? In the meantime, can you try figuring out what exactly has changed in your configuration that caused this error to occur? It's the first time we hear of this so it may well be an isolated case with a specific hardware/software configuration.

Well if you search through Google, you can find plenty of forum posts about this.

The only change on my home PC is the transition to Windows 10, however my work PC is having the same issue without any change at all.

To me, it sounds like if you open a corrupt save file on any machine, it breaks the game on that machine regardless of the changes because only common thing between these seperate systems is the savefile used.