FAQ
When was the game released?
Release date was the 25th September 2015

Was there a Pre-Purchase?
Pre-Purchase started on 3rd September 2015

What kind of game can I expect?
Best would be to have a look into our newly introduced video-series of tutorial clips from Grand Ages: Medieval, to be found here:
Tutorial #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaElzdMq...e=youtu.be
Tutorial #2 https://youtu.be/Lh40z6g-iYM
Tutorial #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKM6h13d...e=youtu.be
Tutorial #4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNT_qo56...u1&index=4
Tutorial #5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqselyP_...u1&index=5

What did I get when Pre-Purchasing the game?
When you Pre-Purchased the game:
  • You got two exclusive DLCs, “Camelot” and “Ancient Wonders”.
       Both bring exclusive customizations to your game.
    Please note: DLCs are "additional" content, which is developed separately. Grand Ages   Medieval is a full game, nothing was cut out. So if we're going to release additional material, this is extra stuff and not excluded from the full game.
  • Additionally you get the digital soundtrack
  • And a discount of 15%.
Please note, that not all suppliers offered the pre-purchase DLCs.

As the game will also be released on PS4, will I be able to play with/against PS4-players?
Both platforms will have different servers, therefore you will not be able to play against PS4-owners of the game.

What system requirements are needed?
Minimum:
  • Operating system: Windows 8, 7, Vista
  • CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8000 Series or similar
    Memory: 2 GB
  • Video card: DirectX 10 compatible, 1 GB RAM, GeForce GTS450 or similar
  • Direct X: DirectX 11
  • Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Hard disk space: 5 GB
Recommended:
  • Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 10
  • CPU: Intel Pentium i5 3 GHz or similar / better
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Video card: DirectX 11 compatible, 2 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 650ti or similar / better
  • Direct X: DirectX 11
  • Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Hard disk space: 5 GB

Will the game be available for Mac OSX?
There will be a Mac-version available as well. But this one will be released at a later point.

Will there also be a Linux-version available on release day?
The Linux-version will be available on steam at the same time as the Windows-version.

Is there any testing-/beta phase planned, before launching the game?
No, we already had a small beta-phase and there won't be any before the release of the game

There are several versions of the game (Steam, GoG, Kalypso-launcher, boxed). What does every version come up with?
Find below a small overview, what each version comes up with:
Retail-version (boxed)
  • Uses Kalypso-launcher for Updates and DLC
  • Comes with a Kalypso-launcher key, which is required once for activating the game
  • Does not need Steam and requires not to be redeemed/activated via Steam
  • Can be completely installed and played offline (no online activation required)
  • DLCs can only be acquired via the Kalypso-launcher (launcher.kalypsomedia.com)

Steam-version (steam-store/steam-key)
  • Uses Steamworks Features (Steam cloud, achievements, SteamPlay)
  • Supports several platforms due to Steamworks (Starting 25th of September with Windows and Linux/SteamOS - Mac will be available for free at a later point)
  • Kalypso-launcher is optional and can be skipped, if not needed/wanted
  • DLCs can only be acquired via Steam

GoG.com-version (DRM-free)
  • Does neither need Steam, nor the Kalypso-launcher
  • Updates will be obtained via GoG.com
  • No online activation and no registration required
  • DLCs can only be acquired via GoG.com
Please note: In order to play online-multiplayer with the GoG-version, the Galaxy-launcher (and account) is required.

I am using the steam-version, a friend of mine the Kalypso-launcher version. Can we play multiplayer together?
You can play with all players of each platform in multiplayer.
The only exception here would be the Playstation4-version of the game.

How many DLCs will be out in general?
We get a lot of questions regarding this topic, but unfortunately we simply cannot give any specifics on that, as we do not know if, when, which and how many DLCs will come in the future. Currently we are still in the final stages of releasing the game and polishing it during and right after the release.

Will there be a Steam Workshop integration?
Unfortunately there will not be a Steam Workshop integration at the beginning/release of the game.
Currently we did not put lots of thoughts and/or planning into this integration and are still busy releasing the game.
This does not mean that it is completely out of discussion and/or impossible that this might happen in the future, like in Tropico 5. But this is no promise at all.
Additionally, if there are players willing to mod, we are always happy and encourage players to do so. As we are not encrypting data or anything, feel free to mod the game as much as you can and like.

Will the game be released in Japan?
We are planning to release a fully localized version later this year and thus decided to postpone the release in Japan for the meantime.

Do I need specific Ports to be enabled in my router?
If you are familiar with your router settings you can check if following UDP-range is already set and enabled:
UDP 64141-64502

Is it possible that something is blocking/preventing me from starting the game?
If you are having problems starting the game, it might be the case that an anti-virus-program and/or firewall/s are restricting or even blocking the game from doing any kind of action, which ends up in the game not being able to even start properly.
So either it is recommended to set exceptions within those programs or disabling them until the game is started.
UPDATE:
I have added a second Tutorial video to the FAQ. Feel free to have a look.

cheers

Unerde
(06-10-2015, 04:15 PM)Unerde Wrote: UPDATE:
I have added a second Tutorial video to the FAQ. Feel free to have a look.

cheers

Unerde

Hello I plan on buying this on the US PS Store digitally and I wanted to know will I get all the pre order stuff, i.e. DLC packs, soundtrack, 15% percent off. This is my most anticipated game this year I hope you guys will offer good things for us who buy digitally. Also please make a Dynamic Theme for the PS4 ( a cool scenic changing one) and also some Avatar pictures for the PS4. I want to show off my support for my favorite game.

Cheers!

Rob aka Graf
PSN GrafUlrich88 (in case anyone from Kalypso wants to send a friend request)
Hi there.
UPDATE: Sorry did not read PS store.
For sure you will get this exclusives as long as you buy it before 9th of October.

When you buy it digitally there is no chance getting the pre-order exclusive DLCs, as it was pre-order exclusive.
The only chance probably getting your hands on the pre-order exclusives is buying the boxed day one/limited edition.

cheers

Unerde
(07-10-2015, 05:32 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hi there.
UPDATE: Sorry did not read PS store.
For sure you will get this exclusives as long as you buy it before 9th of October.

When you buy it digitally there is no chance getting the pre-order exclusive DLCs, as it was pre-order exclusive.
The only chance probably getting your hands on the pre-order exclusives is buying the boxed day one/limited edition.

cheers

Unerde

Hi I don't see the game on the PS Store for pre ordering in US. Can you fix this and then give people a chance to digitally pre order or at least allow us to get the pre order content for the first week or two after release.

Thank you!

Cheers!!

Rob aka Graf
PSN: GrafUlrich88
Hi there.

Sorry for the confusion, but I got a check again:
There won't be any pre-order on PS4 store and therefore no pre-order exclusives available.
So as I said first was right:
The only way to get the pre-order-exclusive DLCs is via buying the boxed PS4 Day One/Limited Edition.

cheers

Unerde
(08-10-2015, 09:54 AM)Unerde Wrote: Hi there.

Sorry for the confusion, but I got a check again:
There won't be any pre-order on PS4 store and therefore no pre-order exclusives available.
So as I said first was right:
The only way to get the pre-order-exclusive DLCs is via buying the boxed PS4 Day One/Limited Edition.

cheers

Unerde

So what your saying is that those of us who want to buy your game digitally (which you make more profit on compared to a physical copy) are getting treated like crap or worse. Can't you talk to someone in your company about getting the DLC for us digital buyers for free. Most companies (Koei for example) offer the bonus content for free for the first month the game is available to purchase if they don't offer a digital pre order offer. Please see if this can be done.

It's your companies fault for not allowing us gamers in the US and EU to pre order on the PS Store, nearly every company puts their game for pre order on the PS Store if it's a full priced game like Grand Ages Medieval. Your marketing team has dropped the ball on this and us gamers shouldn't be punished for it. I'm a disabled veteran who has little choice but to buy digitally so I'm really getting treated unfairly. This is my most anticipated game for the PS4 this year. Please help!!!

Thank you,

Rob aka Graf
UPDATE:
I have added Tutorial #3 to the FAQ.
Feel free to have a look.

cheers

Unerde
(12-10-2015, 02:28 PM)Unerde Wrote: UPDATE:
I have added Tutorial #3 to the FAQ.
Feel free to have a look.

cheers

Unerde

Hello,

Very excellent tutorial video. I hope you guys will make more of these videos. I wanted to put one suggestion for a future update. Would you ask if the main screen can have either a "tab" for instructional or learning area where you can either add each of these videos or explain a brief (one or two paragraph) outline of what each video will be discussing. You let the player know where to go to watch these videos. It would be of great benefit and hopefully not to much work on your teams part. Also when a new video or other information is released then you can add a little "NEW" icon that appears next to the tab letting the player know that their is new content added to this section.

Thank you again for all you do!

Cheers and God Bless!

Rob aka Graf
PSN: GrafUlrich88
UPDATE:
I have added Tutorial videos #4 and #5 to the FAQ.
Feel free to have a look at both.

cheers

Unerde