Gameplay-FAQ
Tropico 3 Gameplay-FAQ

Q: Is there an editor to create custom islands?

A: A complete map-editor for Tropico 3 would have been to complex, but there is a random-map-generator which offers several options to create a unique island.

Q: Is there an sandbox-game mode?

A: Yes, you can play Tropico 3 in sandbox-mode.

Q: The goods get stuck in the production facility, why?

A: It's important to build a garage so the goods can be transported faster. Es ist wichtig, dass eine Garage gebaut wird. Damit werden die Waren schneller abgeholt. Des Weiteren verbessern ausgebaute Transportwege dies Situation.

Q: How to build farms most efficient?

A: Don't build your farms in a green area, that would waste perfect cropland. Most suitable to build farms on would be a red area next to a green area.

Q: Can I accelerate the finishing of buildings? How to increase the production and the job satisfaction of my workers?

A: Just send El Presidente to your construction site to accelerate the finishing of a building. To increase your production and the job satisfaction of your workers just send El Presidente into the corresponding facility. This effect is limited and lasts as long as a yellow star is shown over the corresponding building.

Q: What do the symbols over a buildings mean?

A:
- Sun / Star: Your character just visited the building to increase productiviy, building speed or job satisfaction.
- Cancelled bag: No goods were produced here in the past year.
- Cancelled Person: This factory has no workers / no one lives in this building.
- Bomb: This building is marked for demolition.

Q: How can I visit other player's island?

A: You can visit the islands of other players in the online-highscore-chart. Just click on a players name in the online-highscore-charts. If the player uploaded his island you can download and visit it.

To be continued...
Walk the Line

(12-11-2009, 05:11 PM)Dennis Wrote: Tropico 3 Gameplay-FAQ

Q: Is there an editor to create custom islands?

A: A complete map-editor for Tropico 3 would have been to complex, but there is a random-map-generator which offers several options to create a unique island.

I have tried a Random map but I see no options for creating the map. It just gets generated. Am I missing something? I currently have V1.9.....

Thanks.
The random map parameters are on the first page of the sandbox game preparations after you choose a random island. You can set size, elevation, mineral deposits and vegetation. You have to click "generate" after changing the parameters for a new island to be generated.
(13-11-2009, 10:46 AM)Timo Wrote: The random map parameters are on the first page of the sandbox game preparations after you choose a random island. You can set size, elevation, mineral deposits and vegetation. You have to click "generate" after changing the parameters for a new island to be generated.

My duh. Thanks. Rolleyes
(12-11-2009, 05:11 PM)Dennis Wrote: Q: How can I visit other player's island?

A: You can visit the islands of other players in the online-highscore-chart. Just click on a players name in the online-highscore-charts. If the player uploaded his island you can download and visit it.

To be continued...

What happens if submitting an island causes your game to crash-to-desktop?
I did post on the message board but maybe here would have been better.

How exactly do uprisings occur (I'm playing on the Xbox 360)? As when the happiness of my citizens gets low I just seem to suffer rebels or military coups. Just try to suppress one for the achievement but nothing seems to trigger one.
Hello,
I find it impossible to scroll through different statues and other things you could change the outlook. At the toolbar it says "use [ and ] to select another statues", but dont have any idea what that buttons is, and haven't found out with trying, so if you know what that button is I would be very happy Smile

edit. Im using PC
(18-12-2009, 04:45 PM)Los Bananas Muertos Wrote: I find it impossible to scroll through different statues and other things you could change the outlook. At the toolbar it says "use [ and ] to select another statues", but don't have any idea what that buttons is, ...

I believe that means use the keys on your keyboard which produce either the left or right bracket symbols - that is the " [ " and the " ] " symbols.
(18-12-2009, 05:06 PM)CoconutKid Wrote:
(18-12-2009, 04:45 PM)Los Bananas Muertos Wrote: I find it impossible to scroll through different statues and other things you could change the outlook. At the toolbar it says "use [ and ] to select another statues", but don't have any idea what that buttons is, ...

I believe that means use the keys on your keyboard which produce either the left or right bracket symbols - that is the " [ " and the " ] " symbols.

I solved the problem Smile
It wasnt the arrow keys, they just move camera around, but it is the the * button on the numpad.
(18-12-2009, 05:35 PM)Los Bananas Muertos Wrote: I solved the problem Smile
It wasnt the arrow keys, they just move camera around, but it is the the * button on the numpad.

And it does what ?? Scrolls through different statues and other things. ??
(18-12-2009, 06:56 PM)CoconutKid Wrote: And it does what ?? Scrolls through different statues and other things. ??

Yes, excatly that.
New question from me.
How can I cancel the hire for foreign expert, if I have accidentally clicked right mouse on it ?
Tried clicking it again and now theres just more foreign people coming Smile
Correcting "accidental" clicks.

Restart your game with the last "save game!"

There is an automatic save game feature and you do have it turned on don't you?

Is it only the banana that is dead?
Wink
Yes I have it turned on. I hoped that one could cancel the order, but think ill just fire them or something, the last save is months behind..

And as for bananas.. "what bananas? where ? I havent seen any bananas, certainly not any dead ones" *secret police*
does anyone have a trick to get population higher this only problem I have or how to get immigration to fully work in sandbox mode
(21-03-2010, 05:53 AM)flyers74 Wrote: does anyone have a trick to get population higher this only problem I have or how to get immigration to fully work in sandbox mode

Set all your clinics and hospitals to obstetrics (spelling?) which makes woman who visit 50% more likely to fall pregnant. Also set your immigration office to allow anyone in.
well done! thats honestly quite a good FAQ thing, you answered the questions simply and clearly.

[Image: http://www.rewards1.com/images/referralBanners/01.gif]
(21-04-2010, 04:30 AM)chuckyd157 Wrote: I just got the game from gamefly and I am having a blast, but I can't figure out how to use the edicts. How do I bring this menu up?

Click the role of paper (2nd button) in the control menu in the lower left corner. Ehe edict menu will open. You can switch then between the 4 edict categories at the top of the edict menu and when you have made your choice, click the button of the desired edict and confirm your decision.
Thank you very much for posting this FAQ.
Political views:
Capitalists (+++)
Intellectuals (+++)
Militarists (+)
Environmentalists (-)
Nationalists (--)
Loyalists (--)
Communists (---)
Religious (---)

Hey, Gamers,

I have two questions that affect gameplay and scoring.

One revolves around the Almanc's last section. On the left page, top line, there is credit for the combined "Construction" and "City Budget." There is no other specific reference to these terms in the Almanac or elsewhere in the game. I started out one game with the standard couple buildings and salaries at $2/$5/and $11. After thrity years and nearly a hundred buildings later, with salaries now at $20/$25/ and $30, the numbers in these two catagorise were about the same as they were after five years of gameplay. So, how can you affect the benefit of this catagory?

Also, I notice in the Challenges that a couple players for many challenges have a score in the millions and the remainder of the high scorers are paltry by comparison. Now, with all the good players, you would expect the high scores to be, for the most part, comparable. Of course, one or two challenges might have a secret key that allows a couple people to score extremely well -- but I would tend to believe that some players are high scorers as a result of using some cheats. Is this what is happening -- or are there remarkable ways to legitimately score big that few know?

Regards,
Spike
They missed one the most important questions:
Q: Does this game work?
A: No.
(07-09-2010, 02:12 AM)Spike Wrote: Hey, Gamers,

One revolves around the Almanc's last section. On the left page, top line, there is credit for the combined "Construction" and "City Budget." There is no other specific reference to these terms in the Almanac or elsewhere in the game. I started out one game with the standard couple buildings and salaries at $2/$5/and $11. After thrity years and nearly a hundred buildings later, with salaries now at $20/$25/ and $30, the numbers in these two catagorise were about the same as they were after five years of gameplay. So, how can you affect the benefit of this catagory?

Also, I notice in the Challenges that a couple players for many challenges have a score in the millions and the remainder of the high scorers are paltry by comparison. Now, with all the good players, you would expect the high scores to be, for the most part, comparable. Of course, one or two challenges might have a secret key that allows a couple people to score extremely well -- but I would tend to believe that some players are high scorers as a result of using some cheats. Is this what is happening -- or are there remarkable ways to legitimately score big that few know?

Regards,
Spike

Yes, I agree with you. Some of the high scores are virtually impossible to achieve without cheating. I suspect some foul play here. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Sad

Regards,
Spike

Well, I personally tested this by cheating on one of my campaign games and guess what? The score was not taken into account, meaning I cannot submit my cheat score. To make things even better, when I completed that particular campaign through cheating, there was an exclamation mark stating that I cheated in that scenario. This is useful to me because now, I can replay the campaign again but this time playing it in a legitimate manner.

There is no fun in cheating and the game actually reminds you that you cheated. So ALL the scores being submitted by the players are legitimate, although I really don't have an idea how they managed to get scores in the millionth mark!!!!!

Anyone has any tips on this?

Big GrinBig Grin

Regards,
Spike

Lastly, I wish to add that with regards to the campaign high scores, the scores are taken CUMULATIVELY. That means ALL the 15 scenarios are included together in a player's high score; not just one scenario. This could also mean the addition of the expansion pack as well.

I got this info from the manual by the way. So it is possible to reach one or even 10 million points if you complete the whole game.

(11-11-2010, 11:22 AM)Blanchflower Wrote: although I really don't have an idea how they managed to get scores in the millionth mark!!!!!

Cheating without "cheatcodes", so it's not noticed by the game itself, is the key. Just use a hex-editor on a save-game would be the easiest way I think.
No magic is involved. Wink
(11-11-2010, 01:05 PM)midnightflash Wrote:
(11-11-2010, 11:22 AM)Blanchflower Wrote: although I really don't have an idea how they managed to get scores in the millionth mark!!!!!

Cheating without "cheatcodes", so it's not noticed by the game itself, is the key. Just use a hex-editor on a save-game would be the easiest way I think.

So,how do you do it? I am a newbie here.

(12-11-2010, 09:33 AM)Blanchflower Wrote:
(11-11-2010, 01:05 PM)midnightflash Wrote: Cheating without "cheatcodes", so it's not noticed by the game itself, is the key. Just use a hex-editor on a save-game would be the easiest way I think.
Just to know technically how it's possible doesn't mean to do it in fact! Sad
I'D NEVER CHEAT THIS WAY!!!
I'd really like to tar and feather those cheaters and chase them through the village!
They are ruining the fun of mine and many others!

So just by your asking... you are exposing yourself as a cheater. Sad Think about it twice!
(12-11-2010, 01:43 PM)midnightflash Wrote:
(12-11-2010, 09:33 AM)Blanchflower Wrote:
(11-11-2010, 01:05 PM)midnightflash Wrote: Cheating without "cheatcodes", so it's not noticed by the game itself, is the key. Just use a hex-editor on a save-game would be the easiest way I think.
Just to know technically how it's possible doesn't mean to do it in fact! Sad
I'D NEVER CHEAT THIS WAY!!!
I'd really like to tar and feather those cheaters and chase them through the village!
They are ruining the fun of mine and many others!

So just by your asking... you are exposing yourself as a cheater. Sad Think about it twice!

Well, I beg to differ. If I am a cheater,I would cheat my way through to ALL of he campaign games but I only did it once to see whether it is possible to submit high scores through cheating.

The reason I did that is because the high scores achieved by the players are too unrealistic and frankly speaking, something fishy is going on around here.

Lastly, does the developers of this game encourage modding the game like Civilization 4? Did these cheaters mod their game and had the cheek to submit these high scores online for ALL to see?

Sad

(11-11-2010, 01:00 PM)Blanchflower Wrote:

Regards,
Spike

Lastly, I wish to add that with regards to the campaign high scores, the scores are taken CUMULATIVELY. That means ALL the 15 scenarios are included together in a player's high score; not just one scenario. This could also mean the addition of the expansion pack as well.

I got this info from the manual by the way. So it is possible to reach one or even 10 million points if you complete the whole game.

I may be wrong here with regards to the scoring system. It may not be cumulative. In fact, the high score takes only your highest score per mission!

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Cool
"In fact, the high score takes only your highest score per mission!"

That's the way I understand it, Branchflower. If you replay a challenge or campaign and score higher the second time, the second score is counted and it replaces the first score.

So, if you are playing the challenges, you are better off selecting different ones than ones you have completed (but did not earn a particularly high score).

Spike