Dungeons 2 on PS4 screen size issue
Hi folks, I just picked up dungeons 2 today for the PS4 and at this point I can't play it. There's about 10% of the screen cut off all the way around the border. I've checked both the PS4 and TV (Sharp Aquos 42") for settings/adjustents and there's nothing I can do to fix it. Is there a way to include screen adjustment options in the in-game menu options? Thanks!
Disregard, I solved the issue with a firmware update for the TV.
It should still be addresses within the game, I too have just purchased this game and an update on my TV is not going to happen. TV Sony Bravia, not sure how much is missing but I can see the chin of the monsters at the top of the screen.
Hello HeavenlyDaughter.
What speaks against updating the frimware of your TV, as this might solve the issue on its own?

cheers

Unerde
HeavenlyDaughter, check your TV's user manual and see if there is a way to adjust the view mode. Either through the menu or on the remote. If you can, typical view mode options are normal, stretch, wide stretch, etc. I chose smart stretch which fit the game screen to my tv screen perfectly.
Excuse me, I've got the same problem. PS4 version acquired through PSN today, PAL console. If there is still such a thing as PAL and NTSC in consoles...

Sending you a screenshot to demonstrate what it is.

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/AzXig3R.jpg]

See? It looks like the upper and lower borders were cropped. Well, now that I think of it, the left and right borders are also cropped. It certainly ain't game-breaking, but it's still a serious downer.

I certainly have no means of updating anything on my TV. It's a TV, not a computer, but it's a wide screen and it's fit for most games. Those who aren't generally have an option to rescale the screen in some video options... Unfortunately the game here as none.

I also browsed the different TV aspects I can use, and there ain't no "choose your own damn size", and the choices avaailable range from meh to "why the hell would I ever choose that".

It's not a bad TV, it's kinda good, but it wasn't thought for reshaping a video game screen.

So, may I ask you lot to exert a little bit of game editor magic on that one? Like adding a resize options like most games have? That would be darn appreciated, 'cuz I confess having something of a hard time reading the game hud, as it is.

Thank you all so much for your diligency. Plus, I'm pretty sure lots of blokes in the next few days will come asking pretty much the same.

Edit : And I realize the screenshot DOESN'T show what I was SUPPOSED to show. Darn. Basically, I have one fourth of the orange ball in the upper left corner showing on my screen and I can see what seems to be the bottom of a beer keg on the upper right corner.

That's how cropped it looks on my screen.
(01-06-2016, 08:18 PM)I have the same issue. I have a Magnavox and the entire top portion of my play screen showing the amount of beer and such, has been cut off. I have tried resizing using the tv format and the game system but nothing works. What else can I try? I just got the game and it sucks when you pay such a high price but can\t exchange it for something else that won't just sit on a shelf. Wrote: Excuse me, I've got the same problem. PS4 version acquired through PSN today, PAL console. If there is still such a thing as PAL and NTSC in consoles...

Sending you a screenshot to demonstrate what it is.

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/AzXig3R.jpg]

See? It looks like the upper and lower borders were cropped. Well, now that I think of it, the left and right borders are also cropped. It certainly ain't game-breaking, but it's still a serious downer.

I certainly have no means of updating anything on my TV. It's a TV, not a computer, but it's a wide screen and it's fit for most games. Those who aren't generally have an option to rescale the screen in some video options... Unfortunately the game here as none.

I also browsed the different TV aspects I can use, and there ain't no "choose your own damn size", and the choices avaailable range from meh to "why the hell would I ever choose that".

It's not a bad TV, it's kinda good, but it wasn't thought for reshaping a video game screen.

So, may I ask you lot to exert a little bit of game editor magic on that one? Like adding a resize options like most games have? That would be darn appreciated, 'cuz I confess having something of a hard time reading the game hud, as it is.

Thank you all so much for your diligency. Plus, I'm pretty sure lots of blokes in the next few days will come asking pretty much the same.

Edit : And I realize the screenshot DOESN'T show what I was SUPPOSED to show. Darn. Basically, I have one fourth of the orange ball in the upper left corner showing on my screen and I can see what seems to be the bottom of a beer keg on the upper right corner.

That's how cropped it looks on my screen.
Hello chaoticcory.
So you cannot see the whole top including gold, mana anything?
Resizing will not work on your TV?
What about running a firmware upgrade to your TV (if this is possible)?
Another player mentioned that there was an option called "auto-zoom", which corrected the visual on his end.

cheers

Unerde
folks -

To set the display area of the game screen to match the TV screen, on your PS4 console select (Settings) > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].
I am having the same issue and it is much worse. I can't see *ANY* of the area below the main screen. This is the only game that has this problem, and if I adjust the Display Area settings to the smallest it can possibly go it makes no difference for this game whatsoever, but does result in every other game not fitting the screen anymore. Even if it did work I shouldn't have to adjust the video settings for the entire console because one game has an improperly designed video, but it doesn't.

Unfortunately, PSN won't allow me to get a refund for a game that I started even though it is completely unplayable. My Hitachi 1080p TV has no firmware update, and I don't see why I should have to do that.

What's odd is that no other screen has any of these problems. Just the gameplay. I do hope you guys release an update to the game that will fix this problem, but until you do I didn't get what I paid for so understand that I won't feel comfortable risking paying for another game by the same company in the future.
I personally found that altering the screen aspect through the TV remote is the fix.
I changed mine to native and that refit the game into my screen properly.
I can now see how much gold I have....
(15-11-2016, 03:30 AM)Edanite Wrote: I personally found that altering the screen aspect through the TV remote is the fix.
I changed mine to native and that refit the game into my screen properly.
I can now see how much gold I have....

Unfortunately, screen aspect ratio button doesn't work on my remote controller while using a console. My situation is so bad I can't even see the mini map. In fact, I see so little of the viewing area that I can't even figure out how to move.

I don't understand why they don't release a fix for their own game. Literally every other game uses the consoles video settings, so why can't they? They do it correctly for every other screen.
That seems odd. Not only is your TV acting in a bizarly off fashion in playing the actual game, but your aspect button doesn't work with the console?
Honestly it sounds like your really got bad luck with the TV itself on top of the general screen fitting issue.
I don't know if even a patch could properly fix that since your problem seems to be above and beyond what it should be. 

Still, on the off chance. Open up a game, not just the main menu but load a Skirmish map.
Then keep hitting the aspect button.
The reason I say this is because some of my aspects don't change anything with the console or games but one still fixed the gameplay of dungeons 2.

Don't know if this will help in any way but there is no harm in trying. At least you can say you did and nothing happens instead of I didn't but I doubt it would have worked.
I honesty hope it works, it's a fun game and great to pass 3-6 hours.
(sorry if I sounded like an ass)
In a related note, I found that the new aspect also fixed the same issue I had with the browser when I had the page on full screen.
It leads me to believe that the gameplay is running off of whatever handles the browser which is very odd even for a port. But that's just speculation so I could be talking out my ass here.
(15-11-2016, 08:04 AM)Edanite Wrote: Honestly it sounds like your really got bad luck with the TV itself on top of the general screen fitting issue.
I don't know if even a patch could properly fix that since your problem seems to be above and beyond what it should be. 

Seriously? OK, look, this television works for *EVERY SINGLE GAME EXCEPT THIS ONE*. All of it! For PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, all of it! and for use as a computer monitor!  OF COURSE it's the game that's at fault in a case like that!

The Aspect Ratio is on 16:9 and the television won't allow it to be changed. This is because, and I quote, "if you are receiving an HD signal, you cannot adjust the aspect ratio on the TV. The TV considers all HD to be 16:9" Like it or not, that's how it works, and quite a few televisions are designed that way. Some televisions might let you override that, but most don't, and it's absurd for game designers to use an aspect ratio that goes against the standards of the console they are building on.

For television signals, or even for streaming video files to a streaming media box, aspect ratio works perfectly in a large variety of modes - but even they never spill over away from the screen. I can adjust the picture mode, I can confirm it's coming in on 1080p signal, and tapping repeatedly won't do anything either because the tv is detecting the ratio from the console and it's reporting 16:9 to the TV and even the menus don't let me override.

and again, it's not like they can't do it, or that there's a problem with the console settings, because the loading screen and menus all show everything correctly. They are perfectly capable of getting this right.

A patch can fix this in one of two ways: Change the gameplay aspect ratio to 16:9 to conform with the console *OR* allow adjusting of the screen area manually to fit the television. I develop software and really I don't see how they even got this problem to begin with.

The only real manual fix I can think of on my end is to buy a composite cable to reduce the video quality, but I'm not even sure if that would work and I'd rather not have to mess with cables for one game.
I found a setting combination that works, but it's really REALLLLLY annoying (and I will never buy another game from them until they fix this) :

Go to settings >sound and screen > video output settings > resolution
change resolution from 1080p to 480p.

This will change the way the signal is going to the tv allowing aspect ratio buttons to work. Neither 1080i or 720p will work, it has to be 480 to bypass the industry standards. (It just sort of came to me when I realized what causes the aspect ratio button to lock on a tv)

With aspect ratio working I can click "zoom to fit" (also "fit screen" on some televisions) This makes the text really painful to read (kinda blurry) but everything will actually fit the screen. You can also zoom out (with black all around the screen) you can see where the problem comes from. The actual screen area does NOT fit a standard HDTV screen. It's not wide enough. It looks like it's designed for a square screen, and then scaled up. Then if the screen lines up with the bottom and top it has a black bar with either side. If you instead line it up side to side the bottom falls off. However, instead of lining it, it just zooms in until there is no black (not a smooth zoom, likely a preset size jump), which causes it to cut off on all sides.

Unfortunately, with 480p it really hurts my eyes too much to actually play with. Also, the game ignores the console screen area settings... sooo... no real way to play.
(26-05-2016, 03:24 AM)Eschware Wrote: Hi folks, I just picked up dungeons 2 today for the PS4 and at this point I can't play it. There's about 10% of the screen cut off all the way around the border. I've checked both the PS4 and TV (Sharp Aquos 42") for settings/adjustents and there's nothing I can do to fix it. Is there a way to include screen adjustment options in the in-game menu options? Thanks!

I came across this thread looking for a fix to the screen resolution/overscan issue I'm experiencing with Dungeons 2 on PS4.

Just purchased the game 2 days ago and it is unplayable because of this issue.

I didn't notice that bit until just now, but I just so happen to also have a Sharp Aquos 42" LCD TV. I'm no dummy when it comes to electronics. I updated the firmware (which is now archived on Sharp's website) as soon as I got this TV and plan on running the update again just to be sure I have the latest version of said firmware.

My television doesn't have any zoom features that I'm aware of, though some menu features are blocked due to using HDMI input and it didn't come with a controller, so I'm not sure if that allowed zooming or auto-cropping of the image displayed on screen, but no other games are reproducing this issue.

I'm also aware of the display area adjustment tool in the PS4 settings and have adjusted it accordingly.

I would really like to play this game in the future without having to go through selling my current TV and purchasing a new one.

Does anyone know if Kalypso Media is planning on patching this issue?
Seems there are a few people here that are still experiencing this as well as people commenting on YouTube that the issue has not been fixed.

I will report back if the firmware update changes anything.

Edit: So far, Sony Bravia, Sharp Aquos and an unidentified Magnavox are reporting this issue.
The solution is to set your TV display to "native", "1:1", "just fit", "just scan", "screen fit", "dot by dot" or a similar setting as this is the only way the console picture will be displayed full screen without cropping parts of the picture. Using the PS4 settings to adjust your display area should allow the maximum size possible with the border markings still visible on your screen.