Diplomatic takeover Barnas city
Hi all,

Before posting here I did some search on this forum and could only find some discussion on this topic in the German section. There was someone describing the same issue but unfortunately no one came up with a solution.

So In campaign I am now up to the point where I have to make friends with Barnas and take over one of his town by diplomacy. If I had not pissed him of trying to declare war on him earlier this would have been a piece of cake. But I did...

At the moment I am not able to discuss anything with him. Every now and then he suggest that I lower my alliance with eudokia. By doing that several times I got our relationship back up to 30% but now there is nothing I can do.

Any help here?
Use Diplomacy to improve your "Sympathy" level - do this by giving a Gold gift, use "Offer Gold" and "Demand" Sympathy.
The offers should be substantial because the Diplomacy "timeout" (the wait between Diplomacy actions) can kick in and that Sympathy level falls off over time.

Keep trading with the town as well to keep your Popularity level high so when you get to the right sympathy level you can offer for the town.
(28-05-2016, 11:36 AM)billyplod Wrote: Use Diplomacy to improve your "Sympathy" level - do this by giving a Gold gift, use  "Offer Gold" and "Demand" Sympathy.
The offers should be substantial because the Diplomacy "timeout" (the wait between Diplomacy actions) can kick in and that Sympathy level falls off over time.

Keep trading with the town as well to keep your Popularity level high so when you get to the right sympathy level you can offer for the town.
The problem is I can't do any of that. When I open diplomacy window he tells me there is nothing to discuss. Can't trade with him cause we are neutral and there is no possibility to interact with him whatsoever....
Time will tell. Your relationship will improve "slowly" over time to th e point that he will interact diplomatically. You just have to wait and don't do anything that will upset him. Time will depend on how just how how low his sympathy rating
Is with you.
(28-05-2016, 11:54 PM)billyplod Wrote: Time will tell. Your relationship will improve "slowly" over time to th e point that he will interact  diplomatically. You just have to wait and  don't do anything that will upset him. Time will depend on how just how how low his sympathy rating
Is with you.

Symphaty level is at 50%. Alliance level is still neutral. No offers possible at all...
Two possibilities
First is that you are in a waiting period - see below - the hour glass indicates how many days you have before you can make another offer. The more offers you make  in a short time frame, the longer this wait time gets.

[Image: http://www.image-share.com/upload/3251/153m.jpg]

OR - this is supposed to be a tutorial and as such is running from a script, if you deviate too much from the script, it just seems to stop working as designed, and you get these impossible senarios.  I've found that the "easy" way to get through the Campaign is to follow the instructions very closely and don't go off and anticipate or treat it as open play.

The most annoying mission is towards the end of the Campaign, you are asked to buy all the commodities in Constantinople (that means all in one go) if you leave anything whatsoever then you can't go back and buy that later and the story does not progress.
Only waiting period I see is 11 at declare war. But it stays like that forever. Game is in year 1350 rigtht now and if have over 400.000.000 in gold in the bank.... All useless since I can't progress...
(30-05-2016, 12:42 PM)BINSBO Wrote: Only waiting period I see is 11 at declare war. But it stays like that forever. Game is in year 1350 rigtht now and if have over 400.000.000 in gold in the bank.... All useless since I can't progress...

Yes,

Sounds like you have deviated too from the script to have to complete the action - looks like the only option is start again. Sad