Tropico 4 won't launch
I installed and played Tropico 4 via Steam on my computer a while back. I just tried to launch the game to play it again, and I'm not able to do so.

When I hit the "Play" button via Steam, it shows the "Preparing to launch Tropico 4" Steam notice and then nothing happens - when I check Task Manager, I see that Tropico 4 is running, but I don't actually see any part of the game on my screen. Stem also says that "Tropico 4 is running" when I try to relaunch.

How can I fix this?
First you run through the standard stuff

Check your system is upto date:-

Run Windows Update - and apply all the "High Priority" fixes
Run Windows Update - and apply any Optional Hardware fixes
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Check your PC manufacturer’s web site for firmware updates

With STEAM - you can check you have all the files downloaded correctly by

Opening your STEAM LIBRARY
Right Click on the Game - select Properties
Select the "Local Files" TAB
Then the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

If you are still getting problems or crashes - then post your DXDIAG here - a code box

with any error message AND send it with a brief description to KALYPSO

support. Then you have 2 chances to get help.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To Run DXDIAG
Click on START
Select RUN (This opens the RUN dialogue box)
TYPE - "dxdiag" - Click OK

This opens the DirectX diagnostic tool
If your machine has a 64-bit operating System - you will get a selection (bottom of screen) indicating "Run 64bit DXdiag
Select that -
Click on "Save All Information" - when the SAVE box opens save contents to a name.txt file
When you post the file use the coe box so it scrolls easily
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can also run SFC (System File Check) useful if you getting Microsoft error messages (for example about Direct X)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...x?mfr=true

And have upgraded to WINDOWS 10 ? If so try running the game in compatibility for Windows 7.