Tropico 4 won't launch
I installed and played Tropico 4 via Steam on my computer a while back. I just tried to launch the game to play it again, and I'm not able to do so.

When I hit the "Play" button via Steam, it shows the "Preparing to launch Tropico 4" Steam notice and then nothing happens - when I check Task Manager, I see that Tropico 4 is running, but I don't actually see any part of the game on my screen. Stem also says that "Tropico 4 is running" when I try to relaunch.

How can I fix this?
First you run through the standard stuff

Check your system is upto date:-

Run Windows Update - and apply all the "High Priority" fixes
Run Windows Update - and apply any Optional Hardware fixes
Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Ensure your sound card drivers are up to date - Check your manufacturer’s web site
Check your PC manufacturer’s web site for firmware updates

With STEAM - you can check you have all the files downloaded correctly by

Opening your STEAM LIBRARY
Right Click on the Game - select Properties
Select the "Local Files" TAB
Then the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

If you are still getting problems or crashes - then post your DXDIAG here - a code box

with any error message AND send it with a brief description to KALYPSO

support. Then you have 2 chances to get help.

Click on START
Select RUN (This opens the RUN dialogue box)
TYPE - "dxdiag" - Click OK

This opens the DirectX diagnostic tool
If your machine has a 64-bit operating System - you will get a selection (bottom of screen) indicating "Run 64bit DXdiag
Select that -
Click on "Save All Information" - when the SAVE box opens save contents to a name.txt file
When you post the file use the coe box so it scrolls easily

You can also run SFC (System File Check) useful if you getting Microsoft error messages (for example about Direct X)

And have upgraded to WINDOWS 10 ? If so try running the game in compatibility for Windows 7.