Transferring money to city
I'm trying to transfer money to Flensburg so that it can apply for trading post status, but the box in which one selects the amount seems to not be working. I have tried using the + button (to go to 10,000) and I have tried manually entering an amount (without any comma indicating thousands, with that comma, and with a period), but the transfer button does nothing. Cancel works.

I am playing the mac version (which apparently has no Rise of Dynasties add-on), and this version might have its own bugs. And there might be a precondition not mentioned in the manual, of course.

Many thanks.
after building the town hall it should be possible to transfer money to the town, even if the "submit" button is grey.
are there citizens in the town? have you set the taxes?

(sorry, i am plyaing windows version and don't have got any problems at that point...)
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
(10-10-2016, 10:16 PM)El Jefe Wrote: I'm trying to transfer money to Flensburg so that it can apply for trading post status, but the box in which one selects the amount seems to not be working. I have tried using the + button (to go to 10,000) and I have tried manually entering an amount (without any comma indicating thousands, with that comma, and with a period), but the transfer button does nothing. Cancel works.

I am playing the mac version (which apparently has no Rise of Dynasties add-on), and this version might have its own bugs. And there might be a precondition not mentioned in the manual, of course.

Many thanks.
(11-10-2016, 11:24 AM)Dorimil Wrote: after building the town hall it should be possible to transfer money to the town, even if the "submit" button is grey.
are there citizens in the town? have you set the taxes?

(sorry, i am plyaing windows version and don't have got any problems at that point...)

Yes, the town now has several hundred happy citizens, plenty of housing, a head tax of 2%, several industries, and a tavern. The pop-up screen for transferring money has the "transfer" button in white, and the rest, including the "cancel" button, are beige or gray. The town coffers are growing painfully slowly by taxes, but I will never meet the deadline at this rate.
tax could be 5-9% in these cities...but yes you are right, it would take too long...
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
Hi El Jefe,

enter the amount manually and press return- or enter-key on your keyboard afterwards. On windows systems pressing one of those keys enables the submit-button (as far as the amount is valid).

Regards,
Cete
(12-10-2016, 06:46 PM)Cete von Holstein Wrote: Hi El Jefe,

enter the amount manually and press return- or enter-key on your keyboard afterwards. On windows systems pressing one of those keys enables the submit-button (as far as the amount is valid).

Regards,
Cete

Thank you for the suggestion, Cete. I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it did not work. I am down to desperate, low probability troubleshooting experiments, so I will try this transfer again when I have enough money to manually enter the exact amount needed. I do not know if there are bugs specific to the Mac version, but I have problems with this and with the wagon depot (selecting it causes a crash to desktop).