Choice of Weapons
Can you give us a full list of the available weapons in the game? I noticed swords, axes and hammers in one- and two-handed version (?). I also saw some kind of staves "spell-powered canes" and bows. Is that all or will we also see daggers, spears and throwing weapons?
Hi Ragox.
So you are right so far: Axes, Swords, Hammers, Staffs, Bows, Shields (let's add them here).
Those will vary, as you can use weaponsstyles such as Two-handed (huge axes, swords and staffs), dual-wielded (one-hand weapons, where it is totally up to you:
two swords, two axes, two swords, two hammers, one sword one axe, one sword one hammer, one axe one hammer, one sword one hammer, staffs which will vary itself as you wanted to know. So included are not only simple staffs, but as well other long weapons. Also there will be Shield and one-handed weapon (sword, hammer, axe) as well as a bow.

So cominations, variations will be a lot and huge, and to fully master all weapons sytles you need more than one playthrough.
Additionally it needs to be said that you will also have random loot drops in addition to dropping crafting materials. So you will not be spoiled by tons of loot, but some loot will still be dropped and randomly.

I hope that got you covered a little. Also please feel free to have a look into our FAQ:
http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=29042

cheers

Unerde
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer Smile

(17-01-2017, 06:01 PM)Unerde Wrote: staffs which will vary itself as you wanted to know. So included are not only simple staffs, but as well other long weapons.

So do you mean that staffs or rather pole-arms aren't solely weapons for the magic-oriented characters, but that there will also be variants for the typical warrior? 
If that's the case I'm very happy to hear so!

(17-01-2017, 06:01 PM)Unerde Wrote: you will also have random loot drops in addition to dropping crafting materials. So you will not be spoiled by tons of loot, but some loot will still be dropped and randomly.

Why didn't you want to be innovative and design the first ARPG without random loot drops? Big Grin
Joking aside, sounds good that you decided not to spam the players with loot, that was about the only that annoyed me in Torchlight 2.