Eagerly anticipated RTS arrives on PC and PlayStation®4 on 11th August 2017
Kalypso Media is excited to reveal that the launch date for Sudden Strike 4 has been set as Friday 11th August 2017 for a worldwide Steam release, as well as retail and the PlayStation® Store in UK and European export territories, and then in North America on Tuesday 15th August for retail and the PlayStation® Store. The release of Sudden Strike 4 sees the legendary RTS series return on Windows PC, Mac, Linux and – for the first time in the series’ history – on console with the launch of the PlayStation®4 version.
To accompany the announcement, Kalypso Media is also proud to share a selection of new screenshots, which perfectly illustrate the detailed, dynamic environments and incredible attention to detail that has been lavished upon the units and gameplay mechanics. For an even more detailed look at the game from a developer’s point of view, Kalypso has also recently released three videos in a new ‘General’s Handbook’ video series on YouTube, in which Sudden Strike 4 Producer Christian Schlütter runs through the basic gameplay principles of the game and discusses how the title has evolved and changed throughout the development process.
Pre-purchase is available now on Steam, which includes a 15% discount, plus a digital soundtrack, digital artbook and the 'Battle of Kursk' DLC. Steam customers can download the free Sudden Strike Quiz app on iOS and Android devices in order to unlock further stackable discounts for a total of up to 25% off the pre-purchase of the game.
About Sudden Strike 4
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your tactical expertise in over 20 demanding single player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system rewards clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmanoeuvre the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
Features of Sudden Strike 4:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration