Console Patch ETA
When can we expect a patch so we can actually play this game? Im one of many who are stuck in Fire Giants level with non opening doors. Or how can I can I get a refund for this broken game? This is getting ignorant now.......
Hello crusher2k.
Please be aware that patching on consoles is not as easy as on e.g. Steam, as we cannot ad hoc upload new patches on our own.
Actually we have to bundle up some patches and send them to e.g. Sony that they check them on their own and as soon as they give their go, the patch/es will be released.
So as soon as there is a specific date and time when all testing on our and Sony's side are done, we will update you accordingly for sure.

cheers

Unerde
(08-05-2017, 06:38 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hello crusher2k.
Please be aware that patching on consoles is not as easy as on e.g. Steam, as we cannot ad hoc upload new patches on our own.
Actually we have to bundle up some patches and send them to e.g. Sony that they check them on their own and as soon as they give their go, the patch/es will be released.
So as soon as there is a specific date and time when all testing on our and Sony's side are done, we will update you accordingly for sure.

cheers

Unerde

We are all aware of this and can have respect for this, if the game hadnt been released over a month ago. Other games have been patched for a lot less serious issues within a shorter timespan. This game has serious game halting issues for some of us, progress in the game is STOPPED. This is just ridiculous, and terrible customer service.
I suspect this may be a budgetary issue. I won't claim any kind of insider info, as I'm simply a consumer. But as recent as the Xbox 360 generation, it was reported by Developer Tim Shaffer that issuing patches on console platforms could cost publishers upwards of $40,000.

http://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/it-cos...sole-game/

These patches, once in the hands of the platform holders (i.e. Sony, Microsoft), are then put through a roughly one-week-long internal testing period, in which the console makers do their best to make sure the changes won't inadvertently do something horrible to your system.

So the significant time gap between patches coming out for this game on PC vs console, probably has more to do with the publisher wanting to bundle as many of those little patches into big patches as possible. Especially when each one might cost them upwards of $40k to put out. Putting out as few of them as possible, with several smaller PC patches bundled into one big console patch, would make good financial sense. At least in the short-term. However, that doesn't really take into account the damage their IP and the community surrounding it might suffer as a result of significantly delayed fixes for glaring issues.

After all, the long-term replayability of this title, and thus the life of its community, absolutely hinges on achievement hunting and 'NewGame+' playthroughs, both of which are drastically hampered in the current retail release version.

I might be wrong though. And once again, I have no special, insider knowledge. I'm just a consumer who has read a few articles on the subject. So I might be completely off-base.
That article is from 5 years ago. Due to the fierce competition between Sony and Microsoft, I dont think thats still in effect today. If it was, it didnt stop them from a huge day one patch. Bottom line is, some of us paid for a broken product which we cant use until they fix it.
Like the title says, hows it coming along, can we expect a patch soon so we can actually play the game?!?!
(08-05-2017, 06:38 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hello crusher2k.

cheers

Unerde

I also would like to know when there is a patch slated for this game. I do enjoy the game, however have had to delete multiple characters and start over due to bugs that left the game unplayable.  I have made it to level 30 but when going from easy to normal you lose everything, and from normal to hard you lose everything again so you don't have any gear to fight characters at those levels - how do you carry your gear with you? Losing all gear if you change difficulties is nuts!! Give us a stash to store gear or something!
I will never buy more games from this company. Money for the game can take, but patches on the PS4 are not able to release. Other companies are able to issue patches quickly and without the hassles that they have already sent. This was my last game since kalypso.
Hello,
I am also hoping and begging for a new patch. There is still a problem with certain maps resetting the challenge counter while back tracking to search for them to complete. This mainly happens in the earlier chapters like 2-4. Also I'm completely stuck on mission "Battle of Kairlion" where it asks to kill 30 minions, I went home before the boss battle and came back. The missions does not reset, instead i'm 120/30 minions. I cannot progress...we need patch up to fix issues like this.
Hello please when you can a patch for xbox one as it does not open the door in the part of the fire giants the first time I pass but as you return from the village is stuck there I leave a video in case it helps Thanks, I like the game and I can not finish it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpljGZccnEc&t=249s