The unanswered question....will there be an Editor????
I like what I've read, but one question that is not answered.... Will the game include an editor?

I seriously hope it will include one, and it needs to be better than what was provided in T5. The T5 editor lacked features eg no ability to place the volcano, and other objects in the official maps that were not able to be placed on our custom maps.

I want an editor that gives me the power to create anything the developers can create.

Second question.... Will there finally be proper support for steam workshop and customizing the game?

The diversity of buildings, decorations etc can be greatly helped if the community are allowed to mod the game.... Take a look at games like Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster, and Transport Fever to see what a good editor, and modding support can do for a game. Those games are thriving because they allow modding. Not sure why you guys are so against allowing mods, again look at Cities Skylines, there are thousands of mods on the steam workshop, but they are still able to sell us official DLC, and even help talented modders sell DLC's. Why not create a community like that around the Tropico series?

So maybe some people will make a stupid mod that radically changes the game or breaks it, so what, that's not your problem. If people make it and others are willing to download it and play it, who cares, the mods don't work without people buying T6 first. Maybe someone will create a rude or offensive mod, again who cares, not your issue to deal with, they still have to buy your game first. The way I see it allowing mods can only increase your sales, Cities Skylines would of died really quick if not for modding. Even SimCity 4 lives on because of modding.

Edit:
Perhaps you worry that allowing mods means it'll be longer before you can create T7?
- So just sell more DLC
- It buys you more time so when you get to T7 it can be a bigger leap forward
- Gives you time to create other games.... I'm still waiting on an Omerta 2 Kalypso, any news? Hope you've taken note of my posts in the Omerta forum.
- Port Royale 4 news?
- Patrician 5 news?
Developers need to stop treating players as dumb, we are not! We are able to understand complex interfaces and configs just as well. Let us have whatever tools developers use themselves, we'll figure it out!
(13-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Engioc Wrote: Edit:
Perhaps you worry that allowing mods means it'll be longer before you can create T7?
- So just sell more DLC
- It buys you more time so when you get to T7 it can be a bigger leap forward

why should they worry? T4 shows how it can work with modding and DLC's Big Grin
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]
(13-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Engioc Wrote: - Port Royale 4 news?
- Patrician 5 news?

I would have preferred Port Royale 4 or Patrician 5. Tropico 6 is not too old yet ... I think the other two are far older.

But I fully agree with the editor and the modding part. People could upload maps and new buildings then. I'd also like to see a possibility to mod the play, not just adding new buildings.

For example mod political parties and eras. I like the colonial era. The only drawback is the lack of buildings so with a modding community it would be possible to have tons of colonial era buildigs.
+1 to add modding/Steam Workshop support.

This would truly be revolutionary for the series, as it could provide an endless stream of new buildings, maps, art, modes etc. into the game that could really scratch every itch that players have. Hopefully this happens for T6!
George W. Bush: "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." El Presidente agrees. Cool
You guys just want to freely mess up the game until the point that it wouldn't be Tropico anymore. I agree with some level of user edition, but you can't expect to add new buildings, parties and so on, until it would fit 100% of your personal will.
I met Lulu Marie once, at the Tropico Cafe. Reggie's a twat!
(17-09-2017, 07:41 PM)Prince_Bryant Wrote: You guys just want to freely mess up the game until the point that it wouldn't be Tropico anymore. I agree with some level of user edition, but you can't expect to add new buildings, parties and so on, until it would fit 100% of your personal will.

I respectfully disagree, Prince. It's not about "freely messing up the game," but rather about enhancing the game and adding on to what the developers have given us. The robust modding communities of Cities: Skylines, Civilization, XCOM, Skyrim, etc. would heartily disagree with you. In these cases and many more, they've taken great games and added hours/day/years of additional content through their own love of the game to share with thousands of others.

Tropico 6 can be a great game, perhaps the best yet in the series. But with modding/workshop support from Limbic/Kalypso, they could ensure that many more people invest hours of their own time to create, invent, add and improve the platform they've given us to create nearly unlimited possibilities for the fans and community of Tropcio. This is something I'm hugely in favour of.
George W. Bush: "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." El Presidente agrees. Cool
I don't play many other games, so I trust your thoughts, Maximo.
I met Lulu Marie once, at the Tropico Cafe. Reggie's a twat!
They should add editor and steam workshop support
I mean just look at the Cities:Skyklines
They have huge community right now.